Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Expierence Class Visa

• 17-06-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

New rules coming in soon, reducing the rule from needing 2 years work done in certain fields to only one year.
    I think the new rules will be in place from January onwards. Not sure if the application process is open again yet, but I'm thinking about applying now anyway, as i've my first year done already, and will have 2 done by the time they eventually get around to my applciation.
    Processing time is apparently going from 15 to 14 months

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

we are thinking about this process but the 14 months that it takes is too long as we will need it to be all done in 12 months..

It looks like we might have to go the PNP route but thats not ideal since it keeps you stuck to your employer and we were thinking of moving to toronto

Roonbox wrote: »
    we are thinking about this process but the 14 months that it takes is too long as we will need it to be all done in 12 months..

It looks like we might have to go the PNP route but thats not ideal since it keeps you stuck to your employer and we were thinking of moving to toronto

Is there a reason you need it done in 12 months?
    From the time you submit your application, you are under "implied status", meaning you can stay in the country until a decision is made on your application.
    My work permit expires in Nov 2013. I am not applying for residency until January. therefore I will likely not have residency until March/April 2014. I will spend 4-5 months under implied status, which means I can continue to work and do what I do. Only restriction is I cannot leave the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

retalivity wrote: »
    Is there a reason you need it done in 12 months?
    From the time you submit your application, you are under "implied status", meaning you can stay in the country until a decision is made on your application.

Implied status only occurs if you are extending a temporary work permit to a new temporary work permit. There is no implied status with PR application other than a PNP one which is only as they provide a work permit support letter so you can continue renewing your work permit while the application is in progress. For FSW or CEC you have to have a temporary work permit to continue working while they are being processed. So I would assume their current permit expires in 12 months and thats why they need it done quicker.

Its also worth noting that the CIC have updated their saite to say the new changes will be brought in at sometime in 2013 and not January anymore, looks as though they are having some delays putting all the new changes in place legislation wise.

• Advertisement

bstar wrote: »
    Implied status only occurs if you are extending a temporary work permit to a new temporary work permit. There is no implied status with PR application other than a PNP one which is only as they provide a work permit support letter so you can continue renewing your work permit while the application is in progress. For FSW or CEC you have to have a temporary work permit to continue working while they are being processed. So I would assume their current permit expires in 12 months and thats why they need it done quicker.

Not according to my immigration lawyer.
    My work permit expires in Nov 2013 and im applying for residency through CEC in January, so with current waiting times i will not have it before my work permit expires. He assured me that there is no problem and i can continue to work until a decision is made on my residency application, the only thing I cant do during that time is to leave the country

Ok I was told that by the cic themselves when I asked as we were deciding which route to apply for. Its the reason why we chose PNP.

I would double check it though, if I was you as if you google it, every response is that there's no implied status and that you have to get a twp to keep working.

You just don't want to get so close and then go to activate the PR and them realise you have been illegal and not process it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Guys,regarding the CEC route. In theory if i go over next June on the 2 year IEC visa and get a job in my line of work, can i then after a year apply for CEC (residency). I imagine its not that easy to get is it? Is this the easiest way to residency?

Cheers:)

Hi Relativity heres a answer for you for definate: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

as it says on there your lawyer was wrong you don't have implied status but from January if your application has been provisionally approved you can apply for a work permit extension to stay but it is something you need to apply for.

This was only announced on Saturday. Hopefully it helps.

was just coming to post that link as well...looks like ill be ok

• Advertisement

hi retalivity, dont suppose you have any info on my question above?

as i understand it, and barring no further changes, yes you can apply under the CEC.

Anyone know if IEC work experience qualifies for the CEC route?
    Seem to be geting different answers.

Advertisement