Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great feel good story

• 17-06-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Just read this story and it really restores my faith in humanity, especially given the age of the people who helped. The daily mail is normally full of rubbish but in my opinion this is a proper story. Basically a 54 year old man withdrew £1000 from a bank. He tripped and fell dropping the money which blew away. Every note bar £20 was returned to him by mainly young males aged between 12 and 25.

I have found items on a few occasions and have been lucky enough to return them to their rightful owner it would not cross my mind to keep them. I believe that the majority of people would do the same.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160208/Grandfather-watched-1-000-blow-away-falling-stunned-strangers-return-penny.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

It's a shame when a 'feel good story' just involves people doing the decent thing, which they should do anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I always thought if I found something like that I would keep it.
    I proved myself wrong by returning a wallet with a hefty wad of cash in it.

What an idiot I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Great story. I came in to the thread and the first thing I saw was "Daily Mail". Nice to see they can break their mould.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Fair play to all that helped. Great to read. Thanks Daisy M.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It must have been a funny sight when he tripped. Nice to see people help him out, I hope they all got a good chuckle out of it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Lovely story...if that happened to my dad I'd hope people would do the same!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Fecking thieving scumbag stole £20 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

This is my favourite feel good story.
    http://auschwitz.dk/denmark.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

North of England

The southerners wouldn't do that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

No recession in his house with his thousand pounds ATM withdrawl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Just before Christmas last year, an old lady took about a grand out of the credit union. She got mugged by a junkie right outside the place. Everyone knew who did it but the Gardaí did nothing.

Anyway, the woman was heartbroken, but there was nothing she could do. After she went home, word spread around the place what happened. Every shop in the area and the local pub started a collection for her. Everyone chipped in and they raised the grand in less than a week, so she still had time to buy her presents. The butcher even gave her a free turkey and ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Name this fine town! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

phasers wrote: »
    Just before Christmas last year, an old lady took about a grand out of the credit union. She got mugged by a junkie right outside the place. Everyone knew who did it but the Gardaí did nothing.

Anyway, the woman was heartbroken, but there was nothing she could do. After she went home, word spread around the place what happened. Every shop in the area and the local pub started a collection for her. Everyone chipped in and they raised the grand in less than a week, so she still had time to buy her presents. The butcher even gave her a free turkey and ham.

Thats so good to hear, really nice story, thanks :)

Advertisement