Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ade's Sports Tipping Log (No football)

Options
  • 17-06-2012 2:06pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

Gonna be using this for everything other than football (I'll leave that to footy betting forum) where I'll do my best to offer write ups entirely as best as I can. I won't be worrying about numbers, banks, turning in profits etc. Unlike the log, where I was playing around with a lower % of what I usually bet. Stakes usually are as follows.

Low = up to 20
    Med = 20-50
    High = 50-100 (basketball this is what I usually go with for those wondering, and depends on confidence level which has usually been on scale of 1-10, 8-10 during the playoffs).

If you wish to know exact figures. PM me, and I'll be willing to divulge that info.

The other log I'll close but previous basketball write ups I will link for future reference as well as the golf in the type of stuff you can expect.

The wrasslin', well I'm not sure if people will care about a write up as most will have zero clue what I'm rambling on about. I have 2 bets lined up for tonight though. One already placed so we'll go from there a bit later on.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

WWE No Way Out (PPV), oh yeah, you all thought I was joking.. didn't ya! :D

Only one match I'm not entirely confident about, and that's the triple threat match. Can't see Kane winning it whatsoever. He's been thrown in I feel so that Punk can easily lose the Championship without being pinned, and thus making him still look strong. With that said, I feel Bryan will win @ 11/8. There are only two winners in this for me, him or CM Punk @ Evens retaining the title. You could very well cover you're loss here and have money on both if you wish.
    There is another important factor, and her AJ is her name :pac:. She will help Bryan to the title I feel.

Finally, there are two other matches which I won't go into detail with, and that's
    Christian v Cody Rhodes and Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler. I feel Christian is the banker bet tonight @ 4/9, and Sheamus should be good for the win as well @ 2/7.

I've only just given a very brief background into this match.

Gone for the following two bets which will hopefully leave me in profit.

Daniel Byran @ 11/8 with a small stake of 15 euro

Sheamus and Christian @ a tad under Evens, 25 euro

Re: Basketball write up should be up around midnight at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,322 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So any basketball bets from my favourite tipster?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Headshot wrote: »

Was just coming on to ask the same thing, well not the favourite tipster part:p

Game 3, Oklahoma City Thunder @ Miami Heat in NBA Playoff Finals (1-1)

Can the Thunder start off as bad as they have done in Games 1 and 2? That's the big question across the pond. I think so.

Miami have been brilliant when their backs have been against the wall it must be said, and kudos to them for coming through with the win stopping OKC's home run in Game 2. But they have damn sure ridden their luck and have nearly blown huge leads twice so far in the 2 games we've seen. OKC have not been near top gear but were so close to going 2-0 to the good if not for their awful starts and some very questionable calls going against them. This young team just need to calm down early doors and it's a whole new ball game, I firmly believe that if they do this, they could not just one but two games in South Beach.

The good thing about being away from home is the performances of key players for OKC. Namely, my boy Durant. He is statistically much better on the road. His shooting away from home is very impressive, hitting over 52% of all shots. KD needs to be given the ball more! I think there is huge value on Durant Over 30.5 Points @ 5/6, and I'll have some of that. Just hope Westbrook gives him the feckin ball! His selfishness at times is costing OKC scoring wise.

Staying on the player points, Bosh Over 15.5 Points @ 5/6 looks a good'un too. Perkins OKC cannot handle him and if Heat do the business, Bosh will be key yet again.

Kevin Durant, Over 30.5 Points @ 5/6 (medium stake)

I'm considering another bet. Will post up asap when I've decided to go with the flow or not.

• Advertisement

Stick to TNA betting hacker :P

what about overs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

-Ade- wrote: »
    Game 3, Oklahoma City Thunder @ Miami Heat in NBA Playoff Finals (1-1)

Can the Thunder start off as bad as they have done in Games 1 and 2? That's the big question across the pond. I think so.

Miami have been brilliant when their backs have been against the wall it must be said, and kudos to them for coming through with the win stopping OKC's home run in Game 2. But they have damn sure ridden their luck and have nearly blown huge leads twice so far in the 2 games we've seen. OKC have not been near top gear but were so close to going 2-0 to the good if not for their awful starts and some very questionable calls going against them. This young team just need to calm down early doors and it's a whole new ball game, I firmly believe that if they do this, they could not just one but two games in South Beach.

The good thing about being away from home is the performances of key players for OKC. Namely, my boy Durant. He is statistically much better on the road. His shooting away from home is very impressive, hitting over 52% of all shots. KD needs to be given the ball more! I think there is huge value on Durant Over 30.5 Points @ 5/6, and I'll have some of that. Just hope Westbrook gives him the feckin ball! His selfishness at times is costing OKC scoring wise.

Staying on the player points, Bosh Over 15.5 Points @ 5/6 looks a good'un too. Perkins OKC cannot handle him and if Heat do the business, Bosh will be key yet again.

Kevin Durant, Over 30.5 Points @ 5/6 (medium stake)

I'm considering another bet. Will post up asap when I've decided to go with the flow or not.

Who offers the player markets?

Sorry lads, golf is gripping viewing plus still deciding on other bet.

what about overs?

Miami at home. First game at home out of three. Feel they will try to slow this game down and focus more on defence but at the same time OKC you'd like to think won't be bad on the offence. So, yeah, flip of a coin HS.

yesno1234 wrote: »

Those contes, PP :)

ade boyles have that Kevin Durant over 29 points @10/11

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

yesno1234 wrote: »

Bet365 also have player markets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

kryogen wrote: »
    Bet365 also have player markets
    Can you link me Kyro cant see it anywere??

I'll leave that for tonight, just wanna enjoy the golf. 80/1 bet is on fire :D

O/U and OKC +4 is what I was deciding on.

markc91 wrote: »
    Can you link me Kyro cant see it anywere??

http://www.bet365.com/home/FlashGen4/WebConsoleApp.asp?&cb=21281 :)

hmmm, the link brings you to in play....

eh here

http://gyazo.com/1944848d5d9984a2737ea4eaa7a6bf8b.png?1339977109

Go to basketball in the main menu, and choose player performance from the options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Its not there for me now i clicked basketball and it just has 1st half lines and 2nd half lines

ade boyles have that Kevin Durant over 29 points @10/11

Hmm, might have to look at them so in future. Never checked their b'ball odds before.

markc91 wrote: »
    Its not there for me now i clicked basketball and it just has 1st half lines and 2nd half lines

Its in play now mate

Well, I'm absolutely shattered. Been a long sporting weekend worth of viewing, and last night wasn't good betting wise .. at least early on. Watched the golf mostly, so can't give comment entirely.

Christian + Sheamus Won and Daniel Byran lost in the wrestling.

L and W

_____

In the b-ball, well, I wished I went with my gut instinct instead of being a bit of a fancy dan and going with a bet I've never had much luck in in over 4 years, 2 wins out 8 I'd guess now in the Player Points O/U. Tbh, I started looking into bets with a little under an hour till tip off, spent 35 mins researching as I just wanted to watch the golf, usually I spend at least an hour researching. So in that regards, I got what I deserved somewhat.

Durant finished on 25 points but what was the killer was him giving away fouls and subsequently being benched. If he were more disciplined, the Points Total bet would have been in comfortably.

My cousin lost his bet, as did the majority of punters seemingly, going by the bookies in Vegas too. OKC +4 was the play for many last night.

L

_____

Onto the golf. Anybody on Twitter or certainly on Skype can vouch how many times I've said it. I'm sure I've mentioned it on the forum too (probably when Tiger won me money back at Bay Hill a few months ago the last time). June is onwards is when I kick into gear with the golf bets. Bar 2010, I've never had not had one win. After tonight, I can still say that. 6 winners (+2 Sunday winners) last year from June onwards, and we're off to a flyer this year :)

Thankfully last night, Webb Simpson came up trumps for me netting me a nice 510 euros as posted in the US Open betting thread. Covers losses in the Euros and last night too while leaving some nice change to boot. Delighted.

W

David Toms, my tip/bet for last week's tourney had me fuming for a lot of that tourney it must be said as I had not bet on him this week. Finished tied 4th in the end. So E/W money could have come in had I stuck with him, but sure I can't complain.

So yeah, disappointed in the b'ball and wrasslin'(somewhat). But golf saves the day.

_____

Don't think there'll be any bets going up today (Wimbledon begins today but I just want a bit of a breather, will look at it from round 2 onwards). Will look at Game 3 at some point later today in full to analysis everything more clearly. Will have my bet on Game 4 up much earlier tomorrow.

Just watched the game. OKC really should have won. More dodgy calls against them :S I'll go into it later for sure.

I'll have my write up and bet(s?) later on. More than likely during HT of the footy. Currently 3/4 finished.

Atm, favoring OKC Overs in the points total. Tempted by OKC straight win as well. Do or die gig I feel once again and it's feckin difficult to win 4 on the bounce in this level of basketball as I've stressed before.

Game 4, Oklahoma City Thunder @ Miami Heat in NBA Playoff Finals (1-2)

6e95c48d80d735598d543b58579ba495.png

I watched the entire game from Monday night earlier on, well one half last night and one half this morning. So let's look at it.

OKC has been up in all 3 games, won one of them. OKC was up by 10 in the last game and had Miami on the ropes when they were forced to sit Durant with 4 fouls in the 3rd Quarter. That was the killer plus some sloppy plays as well.

OKC has proven that they are at least as good as Miami in all 3 games. Durant rarely gets into foul trouble, especially that early. He will not be in foul trouble like that again. The kid learns quick.. I think Coach Brooks learned that against this Miami team, he cannot sit both Westbrook and Durant together that long. He's been brilliant in making adjustments this post season and I expect that to continue. Sure look the improvement in the first half of Game 3 compared to previous. They only trailed by a single point.

Also, Harden has only played well in 1 of the 3 games. Harden is a really, really good player and Miami has done nothing to stop him, he's just playing poorly. He should play better in game 4.

OKC has been down in this playoffs a ton. They've trailed games by 13, 15 and 18 and came back to win the game. They've been down to the Spurs 2-0 and came back to win the series after winning 4 on the bounce. A San Antonio team that had won 20 straight and was playing better than any team in the NBA, including the Heat. So OKC can bounce back. They will not lie down and call it quits. The only frustration to this point I've seen on their faces has to do with bad calls, some sloppy turnovers and to be fair, poor free throws.

OKC have just made too many mistakes and haven’t been able to capitalize on Miami’s mis-steps, because they have too many of their own.

As I've stressed before, it's damn hard to beat a team 4 times on the bounce. Miami couldn't do it to my NY Knicks nor the feckin' Pacers(!) in the regular season. The OKC showed they can win a game on the road to take it back to Oklahoma for Game 6 and possibly 7. As said the other night, Miami have been great with their backs against the wall but seem to drop a level when all things point to them, and it's do or die time for OKC I feel now.

Oklahoma City Thunder Over +94.5 @ 5/6 (medium stake)
    Oklahoma City Thunder Win @ 27/20 (small stake)

They've been too good to me over the past 2 years. I owe it to them to have these bets on them. OKC UP!

• Advertisement

Golf bets for this week will be up later at some point, with reasoning too.

2 bets out of 4 already selected. Ross Fisher in Europe @ 16/1 and Freddie Jacobsen @ 28/1 in the US.

Tired, no summary for the time being. Disappointed as a fan despite being in profit.

Main bet of OKC Total Points + 94.5 comes through. W

Secondary, smaller stake bet of OKC straight win loses. L

I'll summarise Game 4 in my Game 5 write up.

Golf - BMW International (European Tour) and Travellers Championship (PGA Tour)

BMW International -

Ross Fisher @ 16/1

I always stress when it comes to the European Tour and betting that for me at least, it's a different scene all together with very mixed results over the past 6 years. I just have never been able to carve out any consistency. Tend to get E/W more so than anything, unlike the PGA Tour where I've generally leaned to in the past as it's been more than profitable over the years given the set up of courses and quality of players. There are a few tourneys in Europe I've done well in the past however.

But this week I love the look of Ross Fisher, who is best priced @ 16/1 at the time of putting money on him. I could just C and P from elsewhere, but meh. Not my style folks and if I ever do, I give credit to the original source ;) Of course I do reference at times, so credit in this regards goes to www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk , despite me having my bet up before them :) They have a good write up on him there too if you click on their site. Likewise on Keegan Bradley stateside for that matter.

Anywhoo, with Fisher, he has finally gotten used to the adjustments in his actual game and equipment, the latter he's admitted to have struggled getting used to. You have to stock of his last two finishes on Tour now. Finished 6th in the Wales Open at Celtic Manor and then the week following that, he finished 2nd up in Sweden. He did not play at the US Open, so I hope him missing out on that doesn't derail him slightly. I suppose you could say he'll be rearing to go, but players react differently in these situations so you never know really till they get out on Thursday. Based on the shape of his game and his form though, worth a bet for sure.

Travellers Championship -

This tourney brings back happy memories for me. The TPC @ River Highlands course has seen two of my picks over the years winning, last year Freddie Jacobsen did the business for me (as can be referenced by searching for last year's thread) and Stewart Cink back in 2008.

TPC River Highlands is one of the easier courses on the PGA Tour. Scoring will be at a premium this week as can be seen by the previous winning scores. The last 5 years have seen scores of -20, -14, -22, -18 and -15. Accuracy isn't the be all to end all on the course.

Freddie Jacobsen @ 28/1

Freddie is looking ominous. I was impressed with the Swede’s play last week finishing 15th in the US Open and he is the defending champ this week so he knows his way around the course. Jacobson has three top-30 finishes in his last four PGA Tour events. Odds have shortened and might drop to as low as 22/1 I feel before tomorrow's opening round. He made me money here last year, so I shall stick with the Swede this year again once again.

Keegan Bradley @ 35/1

I'm fairly sure I've mentioned it a few times late last year/early this year on boards and on Twitter, but the core of my season bets across the pond are based on a few guys - Webb Simpson, Keegan Bradley and Martin Laird.

This season he has made 13 cuts from 16 starts. From those 13 events he has posted ten Top 25's! He didn't have a great US Open by any means, I don't think he has the game to win an US Open unless the conditions suit like McIlroy last year IMO(!) so I wouldn't take much notice of that. Being an aggressive player should suit him here. So I'm quite confident like Jacobsen he'll be well in the mix come Sunday.

Andres Romero @ 50/1 E/W
    There a few guys who I keep note of for specific tourneys. This week, with it being a birdie fest. Andres Romero is one of those guys for me over the years. He's been a good E/W bet a fair few times unlike another golfer of his sort, Carl Petterson who has delivered on the W's.

Game 5, Oklahoma City Thunder @ Miami Heat in NBA Playoff Finals (1-3)

Can history be made tonight with the Thunder bouncing back and overturning a 3-1 deficit for the first time in NBA Final history? That is the question for some, for the majority. It's series over. Ever since I properly got into basketball back in 2004 (loved the computer games for near a decade before that time :D) I've been told defence and experience wins you championships. Last year, Miami were the less experienced side compared to the veterans that are the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas came back and won that series when the chips were down. OKC have a far harder task tonight. This year, Miami have shown the signs that they have matured collectively. That said they have got many decisions at critical moments in games that are a bit, well, dodgy to say the least but nonetheless I digress.

Game 4 was a massive chance blown by the Thunder. Up by a whopping 17 points, the Heat responded by 10 straight points on the bounce and from there on in, chipped away to eventually overhaul them. Westbrook had a stormer but his game was blemished by a foolish fool with seconds remaining in the 4th quarter where OKC were 3 points down to drag the match into overtime. While hard to brush that mistake aside, it truly was a stunning game from the youngster. To emphasis how good he was, note the pics below. Says it all -

5515051c8182be08530361175f14d291.png
    c9bf37162d939e09ffa8f9a57d89f98a.png

Durant had a decent game scoring wise, shooting 28 points but the rest his his and Westbrook's teammates did next to nowt. Harden in particular has stunk out the joint for the last two games. That layup he missed in the 3rd quarter summed it up. If he had even an average game. OKC would have took Game 4.

On the Miami side, Super Mario Chalmers came up big time for the Heat. But the rest of the team all round was consistent scoring wise. LeBron was in pain the fourth quarter but that 3 pointer, while a dagger to the the heart of anyone wanting OKC to win Game 4 and/or the series, it was clutch. I don't begrudge the guy of getting his ring. It's a bit of a Ronaldo situation with LeBron. When on fire, with less of the theatrics, it's great to watching being a basketball.

As for tonight, it's quite simple. The only chance is for certain players from OKC to show up. Urgency is a great motivational factor, while at the same time, IF Miami go in with a complacent attitude thinking it's all over. If Miami do that. OKC has a chance. If there's an edge to this, it's harder to close (out a Finals) at home. History has shown that. If it go to Game 6, I don't see OKC losing and then Game 7 is a flip of the coin. That's all if's and but's I realise that but you have to cover every ground when betting. If you do think OKC will win Game 5. it's @ 6/5. No value in that, but if you want real value and have some money to throw around... Thunder to win the series is @ 17/4 currently. I expect that to be closer to 5/1 come tip off. I stress the throw around part of the sentence above.

At present I'm currently favouring Thunder Total Points as well as Overs (headshot you coward, stay away :pac:). I'll probably will go for 2 bets once again, afterall, I've made my money big time and feel no need in squandering it away with large bets at this stage.

Bets should be up later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Hey Ade,
    Are you having a pop in the copa tonight? I know Boca are 2-0 up but do you think Boca +1 @ 5/6 is good?

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Hey Ade,
    Are you having a pop in the copa tonight? I know Boca are 2-0 up but do you think Boca +1 @ 5/6 is good?

I've not looked at it or considered it man. But going from memory, the Chilean side love their goals and wins at home, but be weary as they also looked so poor against Boca in the first leg. Really poor. If it were me, I'd probably favour overs myself. The +1 looks decent odds wise.

Gone with Over 193.5 @ 10/11. OKC will be going full pelt thus causing dumb turnovers leading to a bunch of easy baskets. Medium stake. Fan in me would take a loss if it meant OKC won and especially if it went all the way to a 7 match series.

thought you said ade that unders is thy bet in the basketball ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

-Ade- wrote: »
    Gone with Over 193.5 @ 10/11. OKC will be going full pelt thus causing dumb turnovers leading to a bunch of easy baskets. Medium stake. Fan in me would take a loss if it meant OKC won and especially if it went all the way to a 7 match series.

How confident are you on the over 193.5 Ade?

Considering a semi-large wager on over 185.5 @ 3/10.

Looking at it the over/under line is at 95.5 for the Thunder and 98.5 for the Heat so it seems the bookies are anticipating somewhere about the 192-195 mark to be scored and going by your pick this seems like a reasonable punt to take.

• Advertisement

thought you said ade that unders is thy bet in the basketball ;)

What?
    pithater1 wrote: »
    How confident are you on the over 193.5 Ade?

Considering a semi-large wager on over 185.5 @ 3/10.

Looking at it the over/under line is at 95.5 for the Thunder and 98.5 for the Heat so it seems the bookies are anticipating somewhere about the 192-195 mark to be scored and going by your pick this seems like a reasonable punt to take.

Tbh I'd say out of 10, 6/7 out of 10.

Talking to my basketball crazed, gambler cousin across the pond. He feels there are a lot of traps tonight, and feels it's not worth risking any large stakes on the lines the bookies have set out for us. He's gone for a small stake, which for me is a large stake bet :pac: But if he's going for a small bet I take notice of it as he knows his stuff.

The team total was interesting me again earlier admittedly.

Not sure if I've helped :D Tonight really is a flip of the coin in most cases compared to all the other games I've covered on boards up till now.

Advertisement