Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ade's Sports Tipping Log (No football)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,322 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

on skype you said unders would be the bet to go

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Best of luck with the log,just wondering whats the profit/loss so far?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    on skype you said unders would be the bet to go

During a game or directly just after a game is never the time to analyse things when not clearly thinking straight. You asked me a question at the time, and I gave an off the collar answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

-Ade- wrote: »
    What?

Tbh I'd say out of 10, 6/7 out of 10.

Talking to my basketball crazed, gambler cousin across the pond. He feels there are a lot of traps tonight, and feels it's not worth risking any large stakes on the lines the bookies have set out for us. He's gone for a small stake, which for me is a large stake bet :pac: But if he's going for a small bet I take notice of it as he knows his stuff.

The team total was interesting me again earlier admittedly.

Not sure if I've helped :D Tonight really is a flip of the coin in most cases compared to all the other games I've covered on boards up till now.

Looking at the series so far, bar Game 2 the total has been over the 190 mark, with the Thunder having to chase this game I can see plenty of points being scored on this. The fact that PP are offering a MBS of over 205 points are scored would lead me to trust that a high scoring match is in order.

Best of luck with the log,just wondering whats the profit/loss so far?

Thanks.

I'm not going worrying about figures in this thread Paddy tbh. It's more just a place to throw up bets on everything other than football, as well as my write ups.

Suffice to say, the basketball I'm well in profit over the season and have been for years now. Next season I'll be starting off fresh with a new log dedicated entirely to basketball.

• Advertisement

ade you need to stop calling flathan clairvoyant for betting tips

ade you need to stop calling flathan clairvoyant for betting tips

Oh you..

ibpfulTvRiS6nE.gif

What is he saying btw?

Its like "Peter" and kisses

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

What is he saying btw?

"Para ti" meaning "for you".

Oh

Thank you ade. Never knew you felt that way.

• Advertisement

What is he saying btw?

Its like "Peter" and kisses

lol
    Patrick, you just got merked by Joao Pereira you knobhead xXxXxXXxX

Rough translation.

lol touché

Gone with Over 193.5 @ 10/11. OKC will be going full pelt thus causing dumb turnovers leading to a bunch of easy baskets. Medium stake. Fan in me would take a loss if it meant OKC won and especially if it went all the way to a 7 match series.

W

Bitter sweet :P

But sincerely, congrats to LeBron James, and congrats to Miami. It would of been a pretty big travesty if Lebron never won a Championship ring. Well deserved. OKC is a young side, plenty of years on their side. Experience of this year will be the fuel for the future like it was for the Heat.

I know my basketball write ups and bets came late in the year at least in regards to mentioning them on Boards, I have been betting throughout the season and have done more than well as I've stressed before. But yeah, I hope anyone who followed the bets made some nice profit. All my research and knowledge poured into those write ups and I thoroughly enjoyed it, as well as the profit of course :) Bit sad the season is over from a fan and gambler's POV, but do keep an eye out for a new basketball dedicated log during the pre-season.

As for now... might get back into baseball for the next couple of months. There is the tennis too. I usually bet on Wimbledon but haven't up to know and there is the F1 which is I'm gradually getting back into after a 7/8 year break from the sport. Plus we have the golf, and I've stressed numerous times. June is were I kick on. Sure we already have a winner bet in the new US Open Champion :D

edit - lee's UFC tips(!) and the wrasslin too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

W

Bitter sweet :P

But sincerely, congrats to LeBron James, and congrats to Miami. It would of been a pretty big travesty if Lebron never won a Championship ring. Well deserved. OKC is a young side, plenty of years on their side. Experience of this year will be the fuel for the future like it was for the Heat.

I know my basketball write ups and bets came late in the year at least in regards to mentioning them on Boards, I have been betting throughout the season and have done more than well as I've stressed before. But yeah, I hope anyone who followed the bets made some nice profit. All my research and knowledge poured into those write ups and I thoroughly enjoyed it, as well as the profit of course :) Bit sad the season is over from a fan and gambler's POV, but do keep an eye out for a new basketball dedicated log during the pre-season.

As for now... might get back into baseball for the next couple of months. There is the tennis too. I usually bet on Wimbledon but haven't up to know and there is the F1 which is I'm gradually getting back into after a 7/8 year break from the sport. Plus we have the golf, and I've stressed numerous times. June is were I kick on. Sure we already have a winner bet in the new US Open Champion :D

Wow just saw the final score there, the overs came in quite comfortably in the end.

Only discovered the basketball late on in the season but it will certainly become a staple of the betting plan next January.

Fair play on a profitable season Ade, you cannot beat that :D

Looking into the baseball for later.

So I wasn't going to look into this for another couple of days but seeing the big New York game is on in the early hours of tomorrow tempted me. I was gonna have a small stake bet for some interest but I have had a change of heart as admittedly I have a fair bit of catching up to do and I'm not overly bothered about looking into it at present.

Instead, I'll look into the UFC for today, somewhat following the Tuam tramp's tips too. So I might throw up what some bets on that in that later on in the evening.

Nick Catone v Chris Camozzi

I'm heard that Catone is pretty banged up, yet people are still pouring in with the money on him. He's been dropped in some sparring sessions as well recently. Real value on Camozzi to win which I'll have some of.

Camozzi Win @ 7/4

Brian Ebersole v TJ Waldburger

Just a little bit of research done here. Seems a lot of of people are on TJ tonight.

TJ @ 15/8

and finally a treble on Maynard, Stout and Miller @ Evens

10 euro a piece for interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Any streams to watch the cardozzi match?? Cheers

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Any streams to watch the cardozzi match?? Cheers

Bit late, sorry. You know streams aren't allowed to be posted here? :)

Camozzi won if you did follow the bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Sorry didn't know. Can I ask is it on boards or just not allowed on your thread. Cheers for the tip. He was 14/1 in play at one stage.

• Advertisement

I'll PM a link. Tis on ESPN as well btw.

Nick Catone v Chris Camozzi

I'm heard that Catone is pretty banged up, yet people are still pouring in with the money on him. He's been dropped in some sparring sessions as well recently. Real value on Camozzi to win which I'll have some of.

Camozzi Win @ 7/4

W

Didn't watch this one. So can't comment. I'll give props to my cousin on this one who got word of that detail I mentioned and steered me in the direction of that bet. Not many people knew about Cantone sparring sessions not going to play.

Brian Ebersole v TJ Waldburger

Just a little bit of research done here. Seems a lot of of people are on TJ tonight.

TJ @ 15/8

L

I did watch this with leeface (aka leeg17, some mod, UFC obsessed junkie, an actual junkie found on the corner of Lesson S and threatened to beat me with a pogo stick if I dare say a bad word about UFC), and while he was confident Ebersole would win.. I think he'd even say how close this match was. Went to decision and the experienced Ebersole won out but TJ had in some dangerous submissions throughout. But you can see why Ebersole hadn't tapped out as he is an ice cold mutha****er. Other men would have tapped. The value was on TJ, and was close to another W.

and finally a treble on Maynard, Stout and Miller @ Evens

10 euro a piece for interest.

W

Yeah I was bored, sorry Lee :( Was half paying attention to Stout v Fisher. May have fallen asleep in the first round of the Maynard v Guida match >_>
    So I'll just quote my cousin on this one for the lulz..

"I hope Guilda's balls drop one day. ****ing ***** coward."

"66 punches landed the whole fight. 25 minutes of fighting. Less than 3 punches per minute not bad."

"If we were back in the Roman days,the crowd in the arena would have demanded Guida's death just for being an absolute BITCH. Run bitch, run back to Mexico"

:pac:

So yeah, 2 out of 3 Wins. Can't complain :) Hopefully someone followed.

As for today, F1 qualifying for the European GP. Gonna have to research the practice sessions from yesterday. More UFC later on today/tomorrow early hours... and yeah. That's all I have in mind today. Probably watch a bit of golf, have to catch up on the golf. I know Freddie was T2nd after round 1. Would have been leading if it were not for a Double Bogey on 16.

Back later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Freddie is out in front by 1 stroke, would be more but for a bogey on the 14th

9 under

UFC 147, Brazil

Spent the last couple of hours looking into this now so, a bit more detail than yesterday. General consensus is this a poor card but sure, we'll work with it. So onto the few matches I'm looking at:

Cezar Ferreira v Sergio Moraes -

TUF: Brazil (UFC's first international edition of their long running reality series) finalist Daniel Sarafian was forced to withdraw from this matchup from what I read against fellow finalist Ferreira. Sergio Moraes is his replacement, a semi-finalist and has had one week to actually prepare for this fight, one week! Ferreira is @ 3/10 to win currently.

Hacran Dias v Yuri Alcantara -
    Alcantara is the bookies favourite for this @ 4/11 and rightly so from what I can see. Both have very good records but Alcantara has the clear advantage with his size and agility.

Wanderlei Silva v Rich Franklin -

It was originally meant to be Wanderlei Silva v Victor Belfort tonight in the Main Event, but less than a month ago Belfort went down to injury. Franklin was asked to step in and he duly obliged. These two guys face off back in 2009 and Franklin was the winner in 3 Rounds. Tonight is 5 Rounds though.

An important note here is that Franklin is coming off a long lay off. So that is a worry, however, he will have a reach advantage and a size advantage over Silva and so is the favourite to get the W once again amongst many, many people and bookies. Silva is getting on in age like Franklin but his chin really is is a massive weakness. There is wear and tear that Franklin can take advantage of.

__

Bet -

Treble of Franklin, Alcantara and Ferreira @ 1.79

UFC 147, Brazil

Spent the last couple of hours looking into this now so, a bit more detail than yesterday. General consensus is this a poor card but sure, we'll work with it. So onto the few matches I'm looking at:

Cezar Ferreira v Sergio Moraes -

TUF: Brazil (UFC's first international edition of their long running reality series) finalist Daniel Sarafian was forced to withdraw from this matchup from what I read against fellow finalist Ferreira. Sergio Moraes is his replacement, a semi-finalist and has had one week to actually prepare for this fight, one week! Ferreira is @ 3/10 to win currently.

Hacran Dias v Yuri Alcantara -
    Alcantara is the bookies favourite for this @ 4/11 and rightly so from what I can see. Both have very good records but Alcantara has the clear advantage with his size and agility.

Wanderlei Silva v Rich Franklin -

It was originally meant to be Wanderlei Silva v Victor Belfort tonight in the Main Event, but less than a month ago Belfort went down to injury. Franklin was asked to step in and he duly obliged. These two guys face off back in 2009 and Franklin was the winner in 3 Rounds. Tonight is 5 Rounds though.

An important note here is that Franklin is coming off a long lay off. So that is a worry, however, he will have a reach advantage and a size advantage over Silva and so is the favourite to get the W once again amongst many, many people and bookies. Silva is getting on in age like Franklin but his chin really is is a massive weakness. There is wear and tear that Franklin can take advantage of.

__

Bet -

Treble of Franklin, Alcantara and Ferreira @ 1.79

L

Can't really comment as I didn't watch a single second last night. Alcantara let me down which is a shock going by all my research into the fight. Other two guys won.

Having a bit of a bad weekend personally including in the betting. Namely in the football, football and you guessed it, the football. Euros in particular have been a continual stomp on my balls especially. Really don't remember having as bad a tourney as this.

That and seeing Jacobsen make a double bogey (still 3 shots off the lead, but a with a fair few in between him and the leader at -12) walking out the door on route to losing some money hustling in pool last night. So yeah, ****ty weekend is **** and unless I see something that really catches the eye for tonight, probably won't have anything on for later. Honestly haven't looked at anything for today.

edit - forgot about the F1 too.

^

Football. Betting. Rollercoaster.

:pac:

Great day of footy betting!

Just got tipped off on some WNBA game. LA Sparks players are fairly hurt, San Antonio something or another could cover the spread at +7. Just passing info. Not getting in on it myself as I know **** all about WNBA.

Tipper reliable?

Going to be up a while, might keep an eye in play and do something :)

kryogen wrote: »
    Tipper reliable?

Going to be up a while, might keep an eye in play and do something :)

Friend of a friend, well friend of a cousin (money maker in the NBA betting, and I completely trust as I've probably mentioned before. Most of his people are solid when it comes to tipping) told him.

Wouldn't bet heavy or nowt. Was only considering throwing a fiver or ten down myself earlier.

Gonna be spending an hour or so reading up on all things tennis and Wimbledon now. Joy.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah I would be the same, just an interest is all since Im gonna be up anyway, thanks.

I should say I guess that I had already backed themn anyway because your connections seem clued in when it comes to basketball :)

facf521550da1eab9b656e0b2dbd03c0.png?1340586769

Advertisement