Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System of a Down!

Options
  • 17-06-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

They're not releasing anything anytime soon. I remember reading that they're waiting until it "feels right".

They're doing a summer tour with Deftones in August, in the build up to Deftones' upcoming new album release.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Serj has a new solo album coming out soon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

As far as I know, the band were split due to darren wanting to be involved in everything, the last album (double album) featured too much vocals by darren which I found took from the whole crazyness of Serj's vocals "and i just fucking kick her, and then oh baby she's o.k., she's o.k" priceless!

It'll take a huge dialing down of all egos involved in order for them to want to write new stuff together!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Cill94

It could be that they don't think they can top earlier work. Which is understandable because they have a fairly solid discography.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sweded

Cill94 wrote: »
    It could be that they don't think they can top earlier work. Which is understandable because they have a fairly solid discography.

I disagree. They have a fairly solid discography, alright. That means every single album of the band has been great till now. So, what makes you think the new album won't be good enough? I don't think they'll be afraid of making new albums just because of that. In fact, if every artist were to think like that, they won't be recording any new singles, would they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

John Dolmayan, October 2011: "We're gonna take it day by day. [...] For the people who are waiting for an album — I know there's a lot of people waiting for an album; I'm waiting for an album just like they are. It's gonna happen when it's right and when we can make something that tops what we've done in the past. Because we don't really wanna rest on our laurels — where what you've done in the past is what you depend on. Well, I don't wanna do that, and I know the rest of the guys don't wanna do that. Instead of resting on our laurels, we wanna throw them away and create something new and specific for this generation that they can say that's their System of a Down."
    (Taken from Wikipedia)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Cill94

Sweded wrote: »
    I disagree. They have a fairly solid discography, alright. That means every single album of the band has been great till now. So, what makes you think the new album won't be good enough? I don't think they'll be afraid of making new albums just because of that. In fact, if every artist were to think like that, they won't be recording any new singles, would they?

Because sometimes bands stop clicking and being able to create music as well as before. Actually, there are bands who think like that. Take Bolt Thrower for example; they haven't released a new album since 2005 because they refuse to make a new one until they believe it's an improvement on the last. So now they just tour.

EDIT: Also, the quote yer man above just posted pretty much proves my point. :P

Advertisement