Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1986 Irish Camry - Needs a good home - Help

• 17-06-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I need help finding a good home for my 1986 Toyota Camry 1.8

180K from new

The car has had only 2 owners from new. and is 100% complete. Lack of time and pending arrival of baby forces sale!

The closest offer to a Eur875 takes the car away.

I have a standing offer on her to export, but I think she is too good for this (see Pics).

What do people think? Am I looking too much / too little? I am open to sensible offers.

Mechanic checked it over said it shouldnt take too much to put it through NCT.

5 Speed Manual Running & Driving Very Well - Fully serviced

Only 2 owners with 1st owner for 22 years in Carlow, Bought new from Reidys in Carlow.

I NCT'd the car in 2008 (replaced a range of bushes)

Good Points:

Original Brown Logbook. Also original owners manual in folder. Also Brand new set of Champion Spark Plugs and Haynes and Chiltons manuals with car.

Sound Chassis & Body

Full Original Spec Incl:

4 Hub Caps, Toyota Radio/Cassette, 2 Black & Silver Reg Plates, 2 Keys, Courtesy Lights in front doors working.

Very Clean Interior with no tears.

Bad Points.

Althought the body is structurally sound, there is some rust scabs on the body work. This is surface ONLY (See Pic).

Chassis/Doors/Cills/ all 100%.

People can see the car in its original state.

Lack of time forces sale. Great restoration project.

PLEASE NO MORE timewasters or texts or dreamers please.

FIRST WITH CASH SECURES

Full Ad: cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3418663

Is the car priced fairly? 10 votes

Vary Fair
    0% 0 votes
    Fair
    40% 4 votes
    about right
    20% 2 votes
    Way over
    40% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭w124man

You have all the details there except a very important one ..... Mileage ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Its not old enough for classic tax status, it has no NCT and above all its not RWD, so its not got any of the desireable features for quick sale into the main sectors of buyers - people looking for a cheap run about or boyracers looking for cheap drifters

I'd say you're dreaming at that price 300 - 400 would be a more realistic valuation

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Basil Fawlty

Even popular classics are struggling to fetch anywhere near the asking price if they even sell at all. I would keep it, unless your really stuck for a few hundred Euro. For me personally I would keep it if you are into it. You never know when you may need a spare car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

I've been looking at your ad for the past while now, personally i'd love to buy her. I've a obsession with all things old and Toyota, unfortunately i dont have the kind of money to buy it for what your asking. Honestly i'd keep it because i dont think your gonna get the price ya want for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Its not old enough for classic tax status, it has no NCT and above all its not RWD, so its not got any of the desireable features for quick sale into the main sectors of buyers - people looking for a cheap run about or boyracers looking for cheap drifters

I'd say you're dreaming at that price 300 - 400 would be a more realistic valuation

Disagree with the 300-400, 875 is a good price considering the good condition. Hard one to call - bit old fashiioned for export markets ( Cambodia used to love that model Camry ) and not a favourite here for 'classic' collections. Sold a 90 Sunny for c250 when locals were saying I wouldn't get 50 for it. Take the money and forget it ;)

The poll confirms my view !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

OP ive 300 euro cash here for it, its worthless until its actually classic and you save on the tax & insurance but thats just me...

maybe p/x for computers or such ? ( not trying to turn this thread into adverts.ie but it seems like he needs it shifted and ill happily garage it for the next 20 years )

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MickKnight

Pdfile wrote: »
    OP ive 300 euro cash here for it, its worthless until its actually classic and you save on the tax & insurance but thats just me...

maybe p/x for computers or such ? ( not trying to turn this thread into adverts.ie but it seems like he needs it shifted and ill happily garage it for the next 20 years )

No thanks your fine have plenty of room in the garage will probably mothball it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭f4fay

w124man wrote: »
    You have all the details there except a very important one ..... Mileage ??

Second line down 180k if i'm not mistaken !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MickKnight

Thanks I'm not looking to make a fortune on her just trying to get close to breaking even on it! I'll prob have to be patient and wait for the right person for it or mothball it. The last thing I want to do is let her off for export or breaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Clever way to shill your car ;)

That's what we have the sticky for though...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement