Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what weight will a skid steer lift

• 17-06-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi guys,iam thinking of buying one of these,to feed with and clean out pens,ide need it to be able to lift 1.5 ton max,thats includeing my attachment,it would be ideal in small spaces,ive got a tractor and loader,but i think these are the business,ive about e4500,am i dreaming,there are loads for sale,i just cant seem to find out whats there lift capicity,many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

the mustang 2054 dont have a hope of lifting anything over 700-800. used 1 to put in precast cubical beds and it was at its max lifting them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

butt1 wrote: »
    hi guys,iam thinking of buying one of these,to feed with and clean out pens,ide need it to be able to lift 1.5 ton max,thats includeing my attachment,it would be ideal in small spaces,ive got a tractor and loader,but i think these are the business,ive about e4500,am i dreaming,there are loads for sale,i just cant seem to find out whats there lift capicity,many thanks

I have a NewHolland Ls170. Great machine.
    Lift capacity is 800kgs. And that's it. They are dangerous if you over load them.
    It will comfortably move round bales around, no problem. I have a 5 ft shear grab which is too much for it. I use tractor and loader for this.
    I use it to lift Fert bags into fert spreader.
    I thInk every dairy farm should have one. In winter they are great for alot of jobs, and can go anywhere. if a cow goes down in a cubicle , it is able to lift her out, which is very handy at 2 in the morning when you are there on your own.
    During the winter it's main jobs are , cleaning calf sheds , pushing in silage, feeding meal, scraping. It does away with ALOT of the hard physical work.
    Wouldn't be without one.

( just been using mine to stack lorry tyres up the side of the silage pit, wouldn't be able to do it with tractor. )

Advertisement