Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what course to progress career with tesco's?

Options
  • 17-06-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

i am starting an area manager job with tesco soon.
    I have a degree but it has nothing to do with business.
    I am interested in progressing my career as much as possible so I am looking to do a business course part time to help me progress to the next level.
    Any idea's as to what type of PT business course would suit my situation?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

monkey8 wrote: »
    I am interested in progressing my career as much as possible so I am looking to do a business course part time to help me progress to the next level.

Distance learning would probably be your only bet

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭monkey8

godtabh wrote: »
    Distance learning would probably be your only bet

Thanks godtabh,
    I was thinking of distance learning alright.
    Was just wondering as to the best type of business course.
    Was thinking Msc in Business Management but not sure if there are more appropriate options?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Thanks godtabh,
    I was thinking of distance learning alright.
    Was just wondering as to the best type of business course.
    Was thinking Msc in Business Management but not sure if there are more appropriate options?

Depends on what job you would like to move into. Does the learning objectives help achieve this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I wouldn't start any course during your first few months in the job. You probably won't have time!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭monkey8

I wouldn't start any course during your first few months in the job. You probably won't have time!

I'm not too worried about the time involved.
    Just wondering about the best type of course to do, MBA, MSc in management, diploma in management???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Why not ask HR or your own manager what courses would help you progress and then you could look into distance learning options.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

boobar wrote: »
    Why not ask HR or your own manager what courses would help you progress and then you could look into distance learning options.
    Good idea - your employer may even sponsor you if you're lucky.

Although, I'm inclined to agree with the idea that you should concentrate on your new job first and get settled!

Advertisement