Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 Extra Points?

• 17-06-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

How are the 25 extra points added on if you do honours maths? Is it if it's one of my top 6 grades, or the subtotal of the points with the 25 extra? I'm confused :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

Its added on to maths.. so if you get an A1, you get 125 points for maths. If you get a D3, you get 65 points (i think).

If you don't count maths in your top 6 subjects, no extra points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I think you add on the 25 first, so if it's a D3 that's 70 points. Then if that point score is one of your six highest ones, you count it, and if it's not then you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Iony94

Do you think the course points will go up because of this extra 25 points ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Togepi wrote: »
    I think you add on the 25 first, so if it's a D3 that's 70 points. Then if that point score is one of your six highest ones, you count it, and if it's not then you don't.
    Thats it!
    Iony94 wrote: »
    Noone can answer that, It depends on your course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Mista wrote: »
    If you don't count maths in your top 6 subjects, no extra points.

No, it doesn't matter whether or not maths is in your top 6 originally, you add on the 25 points and if that number is one of the top 6 then you use it.

For example, if you got A1s in everything and an A2 in maths, you don't discard maths, you add on the 25 points and now its one of your top 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

No, it doesn't matter whether or not maths is in your top 6 originally, you add on the 25 points and if that number is one of the top 6 then you use it.

For example, if you got A1s in everything and an A2 in maths, you don't discard maths, you add on the 25 points and now its one of your top 6.

Yea I didn't really mention that.. oops :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

Iony94 wrote: »

Yes, I think that's likely to happen. The points for a course are determined by the points received by the applicants who are offered places (in the 1st Round of offers). If a lot of people who apply for a course have inflated points tallies because they passed HL Maths, it makes sense that points in a wide range of courses will go up - I mean, it won't just be seen in courses that require HL Maths. That's what I'm predicting, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Thanks guys

Advertisement