Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of calls to australia

Options
  • 17-06-2012 4:50pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As young master mp22 has gone to Australia for a year we are wondering what is the cost to ring a Australian mobile number from my eircom landline?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

mp22 wrote: »
    As young master mp22 has gone to Australia for a year we are wondering what is the cost to ring a Australian mobile number from my eircom landline?

Hi mp22,

Calls to Australian mobiles fall under band 7a on our pricing site here. If you click that link and go to "Call charges" all the rates are listed for you. Depending on your package the rate to most Australian mobiles is a max of 87.19c p/m during the day. The cheapest rate is 36.19c p/m on the weekends. It does differ depending on the exact package but they are the top and bottom end rates. If you can get mp22 junior on a landline it will be a good bit cheaper and you also then have the option of getting an international add-on to cover some of those calls (€7.50 p/month for 120 mins) If you can get the bill and find out what package you are on you can then compare it versus the pricing list for more exact figures. Alternatively, PM me the account number and I can check it for you.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If you have broadband I suggest you also check out the VOIP section for alternate solutions ......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you have broadband I suggest you also check out the VOIP section for alternate solutions ......
    We have that sorted thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Use Dialwise.ie, basically you can ring dozens of countries worldwide for the price of a local call. Skype sound quality can be poor enough and they are expensive to certain numbers also. Eircom are very expensive for international calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

We have that sorted thanks.

Good, in that case you know that Aus landline calls are about 2C per min, if not free in a bundle, and mobiles about 10C per min, when using VOIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

1cent to landlines in AUS with Tesco Mobile 12cent for calls to mobiles not too bad beats eircoms charges by a mile.

Advertisement