Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A week's worth of data

Options
  • 17-06-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Have a friend coming from the States for a week who wants to get an Irish prepaid SIM, mainly for net access, and the odd call or text while he's here. Won't be streaming youtube, it's for email, fb, google maps etc so he doesn't need huge amounts of data.

He's on t-mobile in the US, and his phone is unlocked so should be ok.

What's the best option and what will it set him back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

A Tesco mobile PAYG simcard is only €2.50, and a 7-day data bundle (350MB) is €3. However I think the minimum topup is €10, but still that's pretty good value. To get the most out of the topup I would go for the €7 1GB data bundle - so he should be able to use Skype etc for voice calls etc.

Tesco Mobile runs on the O2 3G network so coverage is good, and the old data-limit they were stuck with has been removed, so it should work well.

I wish I had options like this when travelling in Spain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

The SIM card is free online or with a €10 Tesco Mobile top-up in any Tesco store : http://shop.tescomobile.ie/free-international-sims.aspx

P.S. If your friend applies €10 credit he'll get another €10 free. The free €10 can be used for GPRS browsing, as well as calls and texts. So its better value to get a €10 top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

cheers lads, sounds like a good option

Advertisement