Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountjoy square locked off. What the ****?

Options
  • 17-06-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

What's going on at Mountjoy Square? Garda have locked off whole area not allowing cars to enter, there is bunch of buses standing literally loads, I can't even drive in and park near my house, what the **** like? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

arleitiss wrote: »
    Any ideas?

park nearby and walk home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

park nearby and walk home

It's in middle of city centre, all around is double yellow lines so cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

What's going on at Mountjoy Square? Garda have locked off whole area not allowing cars to enter, there is bunch of buses standing literally loads, I can't even drive in and park near my house, what the **** like? Any ideas?

My guess is its because of the final day of the Eucharistic congress at Croke Park. Would they have cordoned off that far away? I may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

We should have a sticky detailing every time a part of dublin gets locked down for xyz reason, it's getting silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Holy Joe league final in croker. Dominicans are playing the Franciscans. Tickets are only a tenner, but you must prove you're deluded to buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Bambi wrote: »
    We should have a sticky detailing every time a part of dublin gets locked down for xyz reason, it's getting silly.

Croke Park is the biggest sports stadium/event venue in the country. The roads around it are always going to be closed off when there is an event or game there. It doesn't take a genius to figure out when the events/games are and to plan accordingly. The Croke Park website has a full listing of events/games that are on.

http://www.crokepark.ie/events

OP, now that the summer concert season and All Ireland football and hurling campaigns are underway, road closures are going to be happening quite often, especially on weekends. Go into Fitzgibbon St Garda Station with a proof your address, and they should give you a residents pass. That should get you past the road blocks that affect you getting to your home.

Up de Dubs !!!! :)

Advertisement