Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restaurant near croke park stadium

Options
  • 17-06-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi,
    I'm looking for a nice restaurant near Croke park, nothing posh just nice decent food. Don't want to have to walk too far from the stadium because we wont hav much time. Also would we need to book, it's for Friday around 5pm. Going to Westlife concert.
    I'm not very familiar with Dublin, is the Croke park hotel right across from the stadium. .

Any info would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Croke Park hotel is literally across the road but it likely to be crammed and not taking reservations for food. They do good bar food, but you'd want to check the story with them as to serving times etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

There's a restaurant 30 secs walk from the Croke Park Hotel side of Croke Park too. It's called Wallace's and does Italian food. Good prices and very yummy. Smallish portions but would be very handy for that side of the stadium! (Russell St)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Konata wrote: »
    There's a restaurant 30 secs walk from the Croke Park Hotel side of Croke Park too. It's called Wallace's and does Italian food. Good prices and very yummy. Smallish portions but would be very handy for that side of the stadium! (Russell St)

Does that place charge vat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Does that place charge vat?

Whatever about his financial practices, Wallace restaurants are darn tasty!

I would say you would need to book if its before a concert, as it does get very jammers around the area.
    I'd also really recommend Independent Pizza Company on Drumcondra Road. Very tasty pizza restaurant, and only 10 minutes from Croke Park. http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/north_dublin/drumcondra/independent_pizza_co.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭little swift

some like it hot about 5 mins from croke pk.
    http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-somelikeithot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

some like it hot about 5 mins from croke pk.
    http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-somelikeithot

Lol :)

+1 for Independent anyway for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Independent pizza is amazing. If you have the time for a 5 min walk then DEFINITELY go there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Another vote for Independant Pizza Company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

How about Canter's in Fairview?.

I haven't been there in a long time, however its lasted the pace where other's have fallen off and its only five minutes from the Hill 16 entrance.

Other than that you have the Chinese restaurant's in Parnell Street, only 10 minutes from the Canal End/Hogan Stand end of Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd give the thumbs up for the Wallace restaurant too. Had the early bird special there last week. Got a great starter, main & glass of wine for 15 quid.

Aurora Bar & Grill is on the corner of Dorset St and Eccles St, just down the road from the Mater. Have had some good grub there while in the area on hospital business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Wallaces Enoteca would be the obvious (and closest) suggestion, but you should also consider Don Mimi/Da Mimmo at 148A North Strand - though you'd need to book - it fills up v quickly, given its tiny capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I say Independant Pizza Company also. Dam tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

alastair wrote: »
    you should also consider Don Mimi/Da Mimmo at 148A North Strand

Agree! Nom...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's a chineseThai place beside Quinns pub and an Italian called Il Corvo a bit further up facing the Skylon hotel...it does decent grub especially pizzas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

+1 Independent Pizza, may want to book tho.

Diep At Home to eat on the side of the road if necessary - damn tasty.

Chilli banana if you don't mind a 15 minute walk, it's worth it. Il Corvo, as mentioned earlier, is just beside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

+ 1 for Il Corvo too. I have had many a great meal there. It not cheap though, and reservations are essential if there are a few of you, as I've never been there when the place wasn't packed. It's not "near" Croke Park in the way that Mick Wallace's place is. I'd put it at being a 20-25 minute walk. If any of you are gonna be in heels, it'll be a bit of a trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stargrrl

Live locally -- Second Don Mimi/Da Mimo on North Strand Road but it's tiny so try to book ar get there early - Wallace place is nice too but will be packed if there's a concert on, wasn't mad on Cantars the one time I was there but Kennedy's Bistro in Fairview is right next door to it and is lovely, nice atmosphere great food and reasonable.. http://www.kennedysfoodstore.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stargrrl

MJ Kavanagh's the new 'gastropub' on Dorset St. is just up the road and well worth a visit too - casual with a great wine and beer selection and lovely food..

Advertisement