Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junior cert childcare

Options
  • 17-06-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hey all, curreently doing my home ecc project! I know during the summer :mad: but my teacher said that we have to write away for information to childcare companies!! I have wrote to many companies but without success :( i would be so grateful if ye could give me some address / email address of companies that would be willing to post leaflets etc..
    Thank you :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

I think that's illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

go to your local public health nurse (in your local health centre - ask around and you'll find it) -- they'd have loadz of info leaflets...

also see if your local library has a meeting room - breastfeeding support groups often meet there and you could meet the public health nurse there too and if you don't know any new moms for an interview it would be a handy place to ask if they'd fill in a questionnaire for you - get permission 1st though

as for addresses, the only one i have to hand is sma - they are:
    SMA Nutrition, Plaza 254, Blanchardstown Corporate Park 2, Ballycoolin, Dublin 15 hth

tbh letters are a bit outdated - can you email companies (save a draft and then print that off for the folder?)

other places that are good for magazines are tesco babyclub - supervalu do receipe leaflets etc. the sunday world do a baby supplement every now and again and most daily newspapers do a weekly/monthly feature supplement so keep an eye out for these too... also check out eumom.ie for info as well and little steps website if you are doing something nutritional based.
    best of luck with it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Haven't the home ec projects all been corrected though? What's the point of doing it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 iang198

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    Haven't the home ec projects all been corrected though? What's the point of doing it now?

I would imagine he/she is only in 2nd year

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

ya i am only in 2nd year!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Do you have a specific topic you are doing your project on?

I did my junior cert a year ago and I also chose the childcare project. I picked a specific topic to do mine on so it was easy to find information on the internet. I also ordered free leaflets off the internet for additional information on feeding and stuff.

I included the names of these publications and leaflets in my bibliography at the end of the project so it was clear where my information came from. It's sooo important to list all the sources of your information!

Here's a link to the site I ordered my publications off: http://www.healthpromotion.ie/publication/fullListing?category=all
    If you scroll down the page you will find leaflets from like breastfeeding all the way to feeding a toddler, as well as some info on baby and kids health.
    Hope that helps you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

ehm.. i think i'm doing it on nutrition and developement. thanks so much moriz that website is amazing :) really helped me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Glad I could help! And that website definitely does have some things on nutrition. I'd suggest searching stuff on Google too, don't copy straight off it though! And do include the websites you used, in your bibliography.

Advertisement