Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses Heaton Park

Options
  • 17-06-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else going? I'm really looking forward to this.
    I wonder should I book train/ bus tickets to the gig in advance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Ya, I'm headin to the friday and sunday shows. Absolutely buzzin for it now. Flying from Korea for 3 days for it! There'll be shuttle buses running between HP and the city centre on the days of the gigs. Tickets can be purchased on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I cannot wait!! I'm going Sinday night.. Seems like I've been waiting for this for aaaaggggeess..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Going Sunday night. Flying into Liverpool Saturday. Just hope the crowd is loud enough to drown out Brownies singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

We are going on the Friday. Cant wait. The hotels where mad money for the weekend (we are going Thurs to Sun). Ended up getting some reasonably priced accomodation in the gay village. We also have tickets for the Sunday but we cant go to that now so going to see if I can get somebody to take them off my hands over the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Yep, will be there for the Friday homecoming gig. Cannae wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I'm flying into Liverpool on the Saturday night, heading down to Manchester on the train Sunday morning for the gig Sunday night....got a present of a VIP hospitality ticket..Also heading to Phoenix Park on the Thursday!!! Cannot wait now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

I'm there for sunday night, what time do you think the roses will hit the stage at? don't fancy standing in a field for hours listening to the support bands(fairly poor tbh).

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Im going friday and making a weekend of it. There should be some craic around the city with a quarter of a million roses fans hitting various afterparties

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Yeah. Heading to Manchester for Saturday. Largin it with the fans that night and gig ticket in back pocket for the Sunday. Should be super. Looking forward to the moment when this rings out around Heaton Park. Roses intro tune..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ce7FWOAM8

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Got me a ticket for the friday night, myself and a few mates heading over on the Thursday for the weekend - never been to Manchester, heard its great craic! Working till Wednesday so this week should fly by!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Alton_Dalton

Heading over on Thursday morning with a gang of the lads, heading to the Friday gig (looking forward to seeing The Scream aswell!!) and staying on in Manchester till Sunday. Heading to Factory251 for the aftershow meltdown after our concert on Friday. Should be epic!! Then seeing them in the Phoenix Park the following Thursday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alton_Dalton

Looks like every single bedspace is gone for that weekend. Closest accommodation available for that weekend is in Huddersfield. For a city with two of the biggest football teams in the world, that's some achievement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I'm also going on the Friday, staying for the weekend. All beds are long gone, we've people on the floor in our room.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

My head is nearly exploding from excitement. Gonna be some craic around the city next weekend. Where are people going for after parties? Undecided between the Ruby Lounge and Factory's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Hey folks, does anyone know where in the city the shuttle bus terminates after the gig?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Does anyone want to swap two saturday tickets for two sunday ones. I have to work on saturday and cant get the time off raging

Anyone watching the weather forecasts? Looks like it could be raining next Friday... Fingers crossed it doesn't, don't want to be hauling wellies over to the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zamboni
    Hey folks, does anyone know where in the city the shuttle bus terminates after the gig?

Cheers

I would say the bus will terminate at the coach station on Chorlton Street but I am not 100%

http://maps.google.ie/maps?rls=com.m...d=0CIsBEPwSMAM

STONE ROSES CONCERTS CITY CENTRE SHUTTLE SERVICE
    First Travel Solutions are providing a dedicated transport service for concertgoers between Manchester City centre and Heaton Park for The Stone Roses concert dates in June and July.
    Concert STONE ROSES CONCERTS CITY CENTRE SHUTTLE SERVICE
    First Travel Solutions are providing a dedicated transport service for concertgoers between Manchester City centre and Heaton Park for The Stone Roses concert dates in June and July.
    Concert buses will depart from outside the CIS Building on Miller Street direct in to Heaton Park from 12.00 noon daily on each day of the concerts. Return journeys each night will depart from the Tram Station in Heaton Park back to the city centre immediately after the concerts.
    Wristbands allowing return travel at £10 can be purchased by clicking here.

• Advertisement

The CIS building is on miller street very close to Victoria Train Station

Im thinking of getting the Metro. It will be running. The only stop that will close is Heaton Park after the gig. Bowker Vale is the next stop down and isnt that far. the coaches could take ages to get throught the gridlock!

Goldigga wrote: »
    The CIS building is on miller street very close to Victoria Train Station

Im thinking of getting the Metro. It will be running. The only stop that will close is Heaton Park after the gig. Bowker Vale is the next stop down and isnt that far. the coaches could take ages to get throught the gridlock!

what time do you think the last metro runs at? I might do the same, there's not much in the way of taxis from heaton park.

what time do you think the last metro runs at? I might do the same, there's not much in the way of taxis from heaton park.

Actually. Just checked there and it probably wont work for me on sunday as last tram is 23:19. It would be very tight

If you are going friday or Sat last tram is about 1am so you will be fine

http://www.metrolink.co.uk/tramtimes/results/

Goldigga wrote: »
    Actually. Just checked there and it probably wont work for me on sunday as last tram is 23:19. It would be very tight

If you are going friday or Sat last tram is about 1am so you will be fine

http://www.metrolink.co.uk/tramtimes/results/

I'm at the sunday gig as well. I'd say the station platforms will be overcrowded. might try and get a taxi back to the city

Some good information and maps of the arena here
    http://www.gigsandtours.com/Content/stone-roses-info

StoneRosesHeatonParkMap2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Does anyone want to swap two saturday tickets for two sunday ones. I have to work on saturday and cant get the time off raging

PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I've got the tram back fro Old Trafford before (similar amount of people) and they're rammed alright buy its only 1 5minutes or so from Heaton Park back to the city.

You'll do well to get a taxi.

Manchester evening news guide to Heaton Park with set times
    http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1582063_stone-roses-your-guide-to-the-heaton-park-weekend

Schedule

Friday, June 29 (estimated times)
    Kid British 4.45pm to 5.10pm
    The Vaccines 5.30pm to 6.05pm
    The Wailers 6.35pm to 7.20pm
    Primal Scream 7.50pm to 8.40pm
    The Stone Roses 9.10pm to 10.55pm

Saturday, June 30
    Hollie Cook 4.45pm to 5.10pm
    Professor Green 5.30pm to 6.05pm
    Beady Eye 7.50pm to 8.40pm

Sunday, July 1
    Dirty North 4.45pm to 5.10pm
    The Justice Tonight Band (ft Mick Jones and The Farm) 5.30pm to 6.05pm
    Plan B 7.50pm to 8.40pm

Bag packed and ready to go, flight at 7am in the morning. Haven't been this excited for a gig in a long time! Bring on Friday night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Im flying at 17.30. Is there much going on tomorrow night? Our plan is to go for a meal and probably leave it at that

Advertisement