Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Iphone 4s...why bother with Ipad?

Options
  • 17-06-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an Iphone 4s that
    1. Makes and received calls
    2. I get all my Emails on it
    3. I can surf Safari and have all my favoutites Boolmarked.
    4. It is Jailbroken and have loads of great apps.

I woudl like to 'have' an Ipad as well... but I can't convimce myself why I should bother especially with teh Iphone handling all my needs???

Anyone else running the 2 items of equipment??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

That's why im waiting for a windows 8 tablet or hybrid. Don't see the point of having a smartphone, a big smartphone aka tablet and a pc to manage the two

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

I was in the same situation. Had a Galaxy Nexus and bought a Asus Transformer. Was struggling to find a use for the Transformer. It was too big to carry around and I much preferred to use a laptop at home. The only thing I used it for in the end was to watch Netflix in bed, but even that was uncomfortable as I had to hold it with my hands - ended up using a laptop.

I am currently selling the Transformer on Ebay. I have concluded that a tablet is just a useless gadget that manufacturers are pushing heavily because they ran out of customers to sell phones to, so they need a new product to hype. I am angry at myself that I fell for it, but the loss shouldn't be too bad :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Whilst a tablet will duplicate the functions of a smartphone or laptop, I find it beats both when it comes to convenience. I've a 7 inch android tablet, iPad and a large screen smartphone.
    Prior to owning tablets I'd use a smartphone for light browsing and a netbook or laptop for longer sessions. Now a tablet replaces it. Dual screening is much easier with a tablet.
    The iPhone screen is rather small even compared to more modern smartphones.

Smartphones are fine for truly mobile usage but around the house a tablet beats them.

Advertisement