Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neoghbours from HELLLLLLL thread?

Options
  • 17-06-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Is there no neighbours from hell thread on here for Waterford, was looking to see if there was anything i can compare to! ha

Its good to see what people do in certain situations and how they react?

That should be neighbours shouldnt it sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Can't say I ever remember there being one. Keep in mind you can't advise or suggest anything illegal.

I have been fairly lucky over the years. A noisy party or two but nothing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Is there no neighbours from hell thread on here for Waterford, was looking to see if there was anything i can compare to! ha

Its good to see what people do in certain situations and how they react?

What area you in? I normally complain to their landlord or call the Guards. What are they doing more information would make it easier to give advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I dont really wont to say to be honest i am in Waterford city, i have called the police about loud music after 9 or 10 at night and they just dont want to know about it, they say its a civil mattor, I dont mind though too much its not that often but i was reading another thread and thought there isnt any moaning thread about neighbours, and i would never suggest anything illegal, i would prefer to speak to my neighbours and be civil about things but sometimes some peple dont want to be civil back, its a shame sometimes,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

If neighbours are being really loud and there is a house party on with fights and scuffles outside on the front garden or back to where you are,i would call the gards as its now public order,but it all depends on the situation.are your neighbours approachable,if there from hell probably not that approachable so it could easily spill off over into a fight then just call the gards when it gets to that..

No not approachable at all, When i first moved in i introduced myself and said if there were any problems to let me know but that didnt help, but i wasnt really starting this thread for me just to see were there many other people in this situation and how they got on, its really just a breakdown in communication i suppose wen you look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's nearly 2 years since I posted about all the trouble my neighbours and myself were subjected to when 2 unsavoury families moved in. The drug dealing, extreme anti-social behaviour and nastiness from them was unreal.

It took a few months and an armed drugs raid to finally get them moved on.

One thing it did do was bring the neighbours together and to look out for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Have had a woman hit and knocked to the ground outside the house. Same woman drunk and driving around with kid in car. Took ages for the cops to come.
    House parties going on till 5am. Don't think people realise just how noisey it is when they are outside talking loudly, sound travels. Had one house party opposite last weekend people out at 4am whooping, another down a few houses till 5am last night. Every fecking dog in the neighbourhood was barking. Then the taxis pulling up beeping and everyone stands around talking for about 20mins before they pull off.
    Guy down the road has no control over his dogs and get out every so often usually at 4am and start going nuts outside a house.
    The list goes on. This type of thing didnt happen years ago. People just don't give a hoot these days about others.
    So much for a quiet housing estate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Our next door neighbour used to steal petrol out of our family car!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

FishBowel wrote: »
    Our next door neighbour used to steal petrol out of our family car!

You're joking!! I know times are hard but Jesus!!

Wow maybe i know you, i also had down from where i previously lived that was occupied by what i can only presume were drug dealers, cars pulling up every 5 mins and driving off again and this was 24 7, dodgy looking people outside at like 5 am ringin mobile phones looking up towards the house obviously looking to get sorrted out somehow, they were also raided after awhile and thrown out.

I suppose on a side note when you buy a house in a private estate and there has been a house bought in the boom as a rent to buy house those houses will be rented out to near anybody to pay the rent cos some of the land lords were just ordinary folk buying second houses who are now stuck, the council also rents these houses out to large families who sometimes dont care about what theyve been given for free cos they will always get a new one and thats their human rights as they'll tell you.

Stealing petrol from cars my god,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Hows templars hall these days.

I used to live on Johns Avenue.

I win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Hows templars hall these days.

With the Students gone I'd imagine it's some kind of Utopian society with no locked doors and where everybody knows your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

ziedth wrote: »
    where everybody knows your name.

norm-peterson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

ziedth wrote: »
    With the Students gone I'd imagine it's some kind of Utopian society with no locked doors and where everybody knows your name.

Or the sweet smell of urine wafting on a cool summer breeze and the sight of pavement pizzas blossoming in the night.

All quiet on the western front here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

my mothers next door neighbour who i may add we've lived beside for 20yrs has taken a dislike to the fact my sister is a lesbian decided to air his views in an aggressive manner last week by throwing a large bag of dog****e at our family home, it has been noted by the gardai and also by myself wanted to go out and kick seven shades of ****e outta him but by my mother request as she has to live beside him, i did'nt but my day will come that i get him back for that as i don't easily forget in a hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

my mothers next door neighbour who i may add we've lived beside for 20yrs has taken a dislike to the fact my sister is a lesbian decided to air his views in an aggressive manner last week by throwing a large bag of dog****e at our family home, it has been noted by the gardai and also by myself wanted to go out and kick seven shades of ****e outta him but by my mother request as she has to live beside me i did'nt but my day will come that i get him back for that as i don't easily forget in a hurry

Fair play for being able to show restraint. That's appalling carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭decies

Is he a religious freak or basically just a nutter? He needs to be kept an eye on that's for sure maybe CCTV or something ?

I suppose no matter what you say about one section of people there will always be a counter arguement, I mean in reference to students living in the likes of templars hall, I mean one day they will have their own home and families and only than will they undorstand what it is like.

I think with anti social student behaviour(not all are bad) just get out a video camera and record their behaviour, i understand some people would say im not comfortable pointing a camera due to possible repercussions to that, but i know the behaviour there is unacceptable and i know if someone was pee-ing on my door or double or quadruple parking at my house i would start recording, i would of course try to speak to them first, but for many students its away from home its liberation maybe they feel like they can do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

my mothers next door neighbour who i may add we've lived beside for 20yrs has taken a dislike to the fact my sister is a lesbian decided to air his views in an aggressive manner last week by throwing a large bag of dog****e at our family home, it has been noted by the gardai and also by myself wanted to go out and kick seven shades of ****e outta him but by my mother request as she has to live beside me i did'nt but my day will come that i get him back for that as i don't easily forget in a hurry

Never fails to shock me at how absolutely mental people are. Fair play to you, it must have killed you to restrain yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

My Neighbours are absolute nightmares. Every time I'm having a party, or lashing out a few tunes, they're banging on the walls or coming around to the door screaming. I mean seriously like, it's 4am ffs, get a life!!

I can't even have a bonfire to burn a bit of rubbish in a backgarden without them bitching about it.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I can't even have a bonfire to burn a bit of rubbish in a backgarden without them bitching about it.:rolleyes:
    I know..how else are ya to get the plastic covering off the copper wires.

decies wrote: »
    Is he a religious freak or basically just a nutter? He needs to be kept an eye on that's for sure maybe CCTV or something ?
    he bit ****ed up in the head if ya ask me!! he used be beating his now ex girlfriend in the house which could clearly be heard in my mothers house at times, she grew a pair and left him and fair play to the woman may i add

michellie wrote: »
    Never fails to shock me at how absolutely mental people are. Fair play to you, it must have killed you to restrain yourself.
    thanks, aww stop i have one older brother who has short fuse and same with younger brother i'm the biggest of the three of us as i've been doin weights for years and if anything i'd be the one holding the two of them back, but we all respect our mothers request as she don't want anymore trouble from him when us sons of hers aint around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

i had dog barking going on for age's kept us awake for a long time weeks on end... finally it stopped thankfully for them they stopped it at the right time....

Dont mind dogs as much, well when they arent barking through the night, but what with all the break ins recently if our neighbours dogs are going crazy then we know somthing isnt right.

Advertisement