Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banking overdraft

Options
  • 17-06-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hi all wondering can anyone help here i was in buisness and had an overdraft and buisness loan combining 14000 ,i also had a buisness partner and we were a sole trader partnership,due to health reasons i have been unable to carry on the buisness and it has since closed i have asken AIB to split the amount and i ahve made it clear to them on numerous occasions to pay it but they keep telling me it cant be done , then they say it can be done if both parties me and my buisness partner sign up to and pay half each, which is what i want it has since gone into arrears as i am not working but am willing to pay it off every week can anyone advise me on this as i think i have been very fair and have been a valued customer and put through over 3 million a year for the last 4 yrs and to be treated like this is ridicoulous

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Due to the debt belonging to two parties both must agree with the bank to split it. If your partner will don't agree/engage in the process then you will have to go down the legal route against the ex partner.

Any payments you make will be off the overall debt and not just what you see as your half.

You could make a formal complaint to the bank and follow ther internal complaints process to obtain the banks final position. With the final response I'm not sure if you as a business can refer it to the ombudsman.

I'm sure if what I say is allowed someone can clarify if a business customer can appeal to the ombudsman.

Advertisement