Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are mature students more likely or unlikely to get accepted?

Options
  • 17-06-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I want to go back to college this September, I have applied to a large number of them and have to wait till August to find out, but will the fact I am a mature student have any effect (good or bad) on my application?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

Hey,
    I've been offered my top 2 choices for September and know many matures who have been equally successful, so I don't think it will count against you. It's pretty competitive though so you'll have had to be SHAMELESSLY self-promotional in your application!
    As a matter of interest, why do you have to wait until August? Did you not have to go to any interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,357 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It depends on the course, but in general it is more positive than negative to apply as an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 3outta

Thanks, I'm going to the enrolment day at Ballsbridge tomorrow! A bit nervous though!

Advertisement