Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandisk usb drive

Options
  • 17-06-2012 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

I bought a 16gb sandisk cruzer usb flash drive in january from amazon.it stopped working yesterday.amazon rules say they dont replace or refund after 30 days ,that I should contact the manufacturer.there s a 2 year warranty on it.anyone know what I'm entitled to if anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I bought a 16gb sandisk cruzer usb flash drive in january from amazon.it stopped working yesterday.amazon rules say they dont replace or refund after 30 days ,that I should contact the manufacturer.there s a 2 year warranty on it.anyone know what I'm entitled to if anything?
    If you bought from Amazon you should be entitled to return to Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

foggy_lad wrote: »
    If you bought from Amazon you should be entitled to return to Amazon.

Well it says on their website that it's not returnable after 30 days.i bought it in january.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's probably applicable for returns due to change of mind.

Amazon have to honour your statutory rights, and they have a very good reputation for dealing with issues.

Your first step should be to contact Amazon Customer Service, outlining the issue, and referencing the original order number.

dudara wrote: »
    That's probably applicable for returns due to change of mind.

Amazon have to honour your statutory rights, and they have a very good reputation for dealing with issues.

Your first step should be to contact Amazon Customer Service, outlining the issue, and referencing the original order number.

Ok thanks thats what ill do.I've never had a problem with amazon either.they've always been excellent.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Have you done aprocess of elimination to ensure that it has actually stopped working .

Like , using in an independent pc , plug in and shut down / restart , see if it is locked etc etc

Sandisks don't just normally stop working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Which amazon did you buy it from?
    US: You don't have any rights other than the one Amazon gives you.
    One of the European ones: you should be able to return it if it is defective.

Have you done aprocess of elimination to ensure that it has actually stopped working .

Like , using in an independent pc , plug in and shut down / restart , see if it is locked etc etc

Sandisks don't just normally stop working

Yes I had 3 movies on it and I tried it on the laptop and 2 pcs and my dvd player (usb port).all to no avail.

And I got it on the uk amazon website.i emailed sandisk so I'm waiting for a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

amazon rules say they dont replace or refund after 30 days ,that I should contact the manufacturer
    Actually, that's not quite Amazon's policy.

It's:
    If a product becomes defective after 30 days you won't be able to return it using our Online Returns Centre. We'd recommend referring to the manufacturer's website to locate their contact details if it's a problem they may be able to offer troubleshooting and support with. If you still can't resolve the problem after consulting with the manufacturer, please Contact Us.
    This makes it pretty standard with what many offline shops (especially large chain shops) try to do.

Advertisement