Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revo Axis radio

Options
  • 17-06-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi, I bought a Revo Axis radio. It received rave reviews from various audio mags/sites. Splashed out the €239.99. Today it died, lasting a mere 17 months.
    Very dissapointed to but it mildly! Anyone else out there with the same product encounter this early death?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Do you want me to move this to "consumer issues"? the folks there might be able to give you advice on how to resolve things with the company you bought the radio from, less than year and a half for a very expensive radio seems poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

RnR- have you taken any steps to contact the retailer from whom you purchased the item?

Yep, Compu b Grafton St Dublin have asked I drop it into them and they'll ship it to manufacture (Revo in UK) for repair. Revo have undertaken to repair same FOC and return it to me. Sounds decent. Lets see how it all goes.....

So, an update.

CompuB were of great support. I dropped the broken radio into Grafton St. They shipped broken radio to Revo in UK. Radio was repaired and returned to Grafton St. I collected same. Happy Chap.

Until, Saturday last, it died again.

Bought in Jan 2011 for €239. Its now dead.

Meanwhile, we've a Bush radio bought in 1950 which is still working. Okay so its MW or LW......so not much choice there!

Two and a half years and Revo is knackered.

My expectations are it should last somewhat longer. Unreasonable?

I've emailed CompuB and await their response.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

At this point CompuB will be under an obligation to replace or refund the item. If they do not simply write to them giving them ten working days to comply with your request, if that goes unanswered, initiate a claim using the small claims procedure.

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/Library3.nsf/PageCurrentWebLookUpTopNav/Small%20Claims%20Procedure

The cost is €25 which will not be refunded. I would guess you'd see 2/5 - 3/5 of the item value in damages, but that is just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

RnR wrote: »
    Two and a half years and Revo is knackered.
    My expectations are it should last somewhat longer. Unreasonable?

Given what you paid, 2 years is very reasonable, should last much longer.

A hot environment can shorten the life of electronic products, was it in a warm place
    (over a radiator maybe) & used daily?

Used in bedroom for approx 30 min each day. Not in a hot place ! Well away from radiator etc.

Revo Radio cost me approx €8 per month of its very short life.
    Very very poor value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

gerryo wrote: »
    Given what you paid, 2 years is very reasonable, should last much longer.

A hot environment can shorten the life of electronic products, was it in a warm place
    (over a radiator maybe) & used daily?

Do you seriously consider 2 years a very reasonable lifespan for a €239 radio :confused:
    The OP's model only lasted 17 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

RnR wrote: »
    Used in bedroom for approx 30 min each day. Not in a hot place ! Well away from radiator etc.

Revo Radio cost me approx €8 per month of its very short life.
    Very very poor value.

The repair job should have brought it back to 100% working.
    Sounds like a poor design & a brand to avoid.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Hope you get some money back from the retailer

• Advertisement
Advertisement