Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I thinks this forum needs more discussion of these things.

Maybe its time for an opinion on AJ Styles thread.

Then a Kurt Angle

Then Ryback

Then Miz

and so on... people could post vids or details of moments that made them think Yeah that was great or this guy is terrible. It could be like the superstars of the week thread only from a different angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I thinks this forum needs more discussion of these things.

Maybe its time for an opinion on AJ Styles thread.

Then a Kurt Angle

Then Ryback

Then Miz

and so on... people could post vids or details of moments that made them think Yeah that was great or this guy is terrible. It could be like the superstars of the week thread only from a different angle.
    Yeah I believe the forum has become fairly boring in the sense that there are no real topics of note being discussed....perhaps bring back the debate threads or like every week do a top ten of something like top ten worst characters top ten main events ever etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sirsok wrote: »
    Yeah I believe the forum has become fairly boring in the sense that there are no real topics of note being discussed....perhaps bring back the debate threads or like every week do a top ten of something like top ten worst characters top ten main events ever etc?

I started a thread last night called Obscure Wrestlers. It's where you think of a little known 'star' and post his pic and others have to guess who it is. It's not as in-depth as, say a discussion thread, but hopefully it keeps things ticking over. I agree we should try keep things active :) For example, it's tough when one Raw thread opens as discussion is happening in another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think that that thread wouldn't've happened had the Encyclopedia not been published. Perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Judging by the comments I've seen this might be an unpopular opinion.

AJ Styles is the finest wrestler in the western world since Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Judging by the comments I've seen this might be an unpopular opinion.

AJ Styles is the finest wrestler in the western world since Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels.

Where do you rank Bryan?

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Where do you rank Bryan?

Tbh I've never thought about it enough to have like a top 10 or anything. I'm sure if I did Bryan would be high on it given his work on the indies, ROH, in Japan and now in the WWE. However I wouldn't have him ahead of Styles.

Tea Party discussion here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056848311 - AJ Styles Opinions wanted.

Tbh I've never thought about it enough to have like a top 10 or anything. I'm sure if I did Bryan would be high on it given his work on the indies, ROH, in Japan and now in the WWE. However I wouldn't have him ahead of Styles.

I didnt mean a full list at all, I just asked cause my version of that statement would say Bryan. Just curious if it was close for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I like Power Slam there I said it.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I didnt mean a full list at all, I just asked cause my version of that statement would say Bryan. Just curious if it was close for you.

Fair enough, I just mean that I never really put a lot of thought into it, I just considered Styles the best in that given time period. But ye I'd have Bryan right up there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jeff Hardy's new album is great, you suck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Jeff Hardy's new album is great, you suck!
    I'm on my phone so can't view it does it have the 'One more Shot' song that is my guilty pleasure along with 'Longnecks and Rednecks'.
    AH! It does and it has 'Another Me' two good tunes so far Jeff.

I also have to admit to liking a few of his songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

GTR63 wrote: »
    I like Power Slam there I said it.
    the magazine? I picked it up twice recently, really enjoyed it. Didnt know it existed until I was in Houston station looking for just about anything to read on the dublin-cork train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

The most intimidating wrestler isn't guys like Undertaker, Kane or Big Show. It's New Jack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I want to see a feud between Santino and R truth

I want to see a feud between Santino and R truth

Any reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

764dak wrote: »
    The most intimidating wrestler isn't guys like Undertaker, Kane or Big Show. It's New Jack.

New Jack isn't a wrestler. He is a bona fide scumbag who should be in prison. he has no regard for the safety of those he would be in the ring with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Any reason?

IF and its a big IF its written and planned out well, I genuinely think it could be a good feud with entertaining promos a good comedy mid card feud, Lil Jimmy and all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

The Undertaker character bores me to tears.. Would be glad if he retired!

Always thought Edge was terrible!

I generally enjoy the Divas contribution to the shows..

Still enjoying Kane/Bryan tag team - they're one of the best things in WWE in a long time! Not sure how unpopular that is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Undertaker character bores me to tears.. Would be glad if retired

What did you think if the American Bad Ass and Big Evil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CM Punk will never be a true star, he'll never come close to Rock Austin Cena HHH etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

CM Punk will never be a true star, he'll never come close to Rock Austin Cena HHH etc

I like him, his mic ability is obviously excellent and he's consistently good in the ring but like you I just don't see him as a top guy.

For me it all comes down to his physical size, I can't take him seriously when he's standing in the ring with somebody who's ripped, the guy looks emaciated.
    I think this still is a big man's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Antonio Cesaro is boring in my estimation.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

I have him above HHH.

Muff_Daddy wrote: »

I have him above HHH.

Lots of people though. Different fan eras I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

- I like the Miz, I have an "I'm Awesome" T-shirt
    - I think the dream match from the past if it was built properly would be Tatanka vs Crush (hawaian crush not demolition crush character) both as faces.
    - I think rumble is better than 'mania (not sure how unpopular that is)
    - I miss Maryse (not unpopular just saying is all)

Tatanka vs Crush probably happened in my Hasbro universe if that counts? Both dressed in the era you described :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Omackeral wrote: »
    What did you think if the American Bad Ass and Big Evil?

Really liked Taker during this time and imo both of these personas were huge big improvement! I really enjoy Paul Bearer though..

Other unpopular opinions from me.

Rock has been mostly terrible since his return. Fruity Pebbles, Cookiepuss, Twinkie Tits and the rest of his lame humour. It's no different to the stuff they saddle Cena (maybe it's of his own doing sometimes), Sheamo, Miz, Del Rio etc. with! For kids and idiots!

Aside from the PG rating of the shows, it just doesn't compare to his work in the Attitude Era. It also goes to show you can be one of the greatest talkers ever but without good writing it's just not the same. Rock himself doesn't seem like a very creative or interesting guy behind the Rock persona. He also has the worst Twitter account I have ever seen!

I did like most of what he did the other night on Raw (that seems quite unpopular from what I've read). His interaction with Heyman (even telling him to get his fat ass out of the ring) and Punk was delivered like vintage Rock.

Punk at his best is as good a talker as Rock or anybody else. He probably won't become a megastar like Hogan/Cena/Rock/Austin because of his look (the tattoo sleeves are not very Hollywood) more so than his size, although that has a part to play in it.. He is also predominantly a heel which doesn't help.

Advertisement