Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    I wish Rey Mysterio never appears in WWE again.

I would like him to come back for a final match against sin cara. That's probably an unpopular opinion in itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

sockmo wrote: »
    I would like him to come back for a final match against sin cara. That's probably an unpopular opinion in itself!

I wouldn't mind that.

I miss the Cruiserweight Division from Smackdown after the 'brand-split'.

Billy Kidman, Jamie Noble, Hurricane, Paul London, Tajiri, Brian Kendrick etc

That's true, love the cruiserweight stuff and I wish wwe would try something with it however I think maybe it's just now that nobody is allowed to be on steroids that there aren't very many heavyweights on the roster. Therefore everyone is a cruiserweight or else just a fat bastard.wrestlers are getting smaller!, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Drawing number 1 in the Royal Rumble is not the worst draw possible.

Number 2 is worse because Number 1 has time to steady himself and will be more rested than his opponent.

If Cena ever turns it will be incredibly disappointing and won't work at all because we dislike his character anyway. The Internet will implode every smark in the world will hate him even more and the kids will e heartbroken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I didn't watch either of the Shawn Michaels/Undertaker WrestleMania matches, only saw them on DVD months later. As a result I don't think they're as awesome as the rest of the internet. They're very good matches but the Badd Blood match is their best. I'm just not that interested in The Streak.

Cue me getting banned from the internet!

I didn't watch either of the Shawn Michaels/Undertaker WrestleMania matches, only saw them on DVD months later. As a result I don't think they're as awesome as the rest of the internet. They're very good matches but the Badd Blood match is their best. I'm just not that interested in The Streak.

Completely agree. Think I might have said it earlier in the thread actually :P

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Badd Blood had more high spots, far less of a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Goldust should've carried the heavyweight title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I love spotfests and garbage wrestlin! And i also enjoy sin cara and get genuinely annoyed he isnt showcased more, . . With the likes of pac, gabrial , zayn , del sol, call ihan, bourne, kofi wwe could have an amazing cruiserweight tourney to crown the first champ (give the title an awesome name to, to set it apart from other types of titles, like the no limit championship or whatever) discard the us title, thus makin the intercontinental title more prestigious!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I like Big Show in the ring. Sure i'm tired of his face/heel/face/heel turns etc but in the ring over last few years he has had some really good feuds and helped make other people look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Loved Goldust. I remember the return of Goldust confronting Val Venis on Raw. Shivers up the spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

He was "owed a run" with title.

Rey and Kane and many others have had this said of them. If they are past their sell by date don't sell them to us no matter what they've done in their career.

Hottest heel in 1996. Could of pushed him. Should of pushed him.

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Hottest heel in 1996.

Now that is an unpopular opinion. Unless you're into homophobia.

Hottest heel in 1996 were NWO. In WWF I'd say Mankind. Homophobe Goldust was abhorent.

Steve Austin should've been pushed as a big heel throughout 1996 (before the Bret Hart angle) but as the IWC and WWE is wont to do they like to pretend the WWF had nurtured Austin to be a star from the beginning. He scored a "fluke" win over a morbidly obese Yoke in the preview match at SummerSlam 96.

Dunno if it's unpopular or not but I believe Dolph Ziggler could be the next big thing if WWE would just give him the damn ball and let him run :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just wondering has Lesnar legitimately banged up a few guys in the ring?....have never really heard anything about it but some of the posts here paint him as Goldberg V 2.0

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just wondering has Lesnar legitimately banged up a few guys in the ring?....have never really heard anything about it but some of the posts here paint him as Goldberg V 2.0

He broke Bob Holly's neck. According to Holly's shoot interview it was just an accident and he didn't mean to sandbag and Brock didn't intend on hurting him.

I don't think Brock worked that stiff in his first run. The Cena Extreme Rules match was booked stiff and he's only worked with Tripper since who was handled with kit gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Well John Cena's nose didn't split itself open...

And of course everyone knows about Bob Holly and his broken neck. But that was completely Holly's fault. Apart from that time he concussed himself doing that shooting star press at WM19 he's never been reported to have injured anyone. In fact he worked that match with Angle very well considering he had a broken neck at the time.

Now that is an unpopular opinion. Unless you're into homophobia.

Hottest heel in 1996 were NWO. In WWF I'd say Mankind. Homophobe Goldust was abhorent.

Steve Austin should've been pushed as a big heel throughout 1996 (before the Bret Hart angle) but as the IWC and WWE is wont to do they like to pretend the WWF had nurtured Austin to be a star from the beginning. He scored a "fluke" win over a morbidly obese Yoke in the preview match at SummerSlam 96.

Dunno if it's unpopular or not but I believe Dolph Ziggler could be the next big thing if WWE would just give him the damn ball and let him run :mad:

I think Mankind struggled to be honest. Don't get me wrong, he did great once he came in but he had his fans who didn't get him over as heel like he should. WWE knew this, that's why they had Paul Bearer turn on Undertaker. To put everything against The Undertaker that he had to become sympathetic enough that Mankind would be more over as a heel as a result.

It didn't help that his biggest match, arguably at least, that year (WWF Title v HBK at Mind Games) was held in Philly, ECW territory.

His work was great, the character was sublime, the vignettes were fantastically produced but I don't think he got the reaction he should have - or deserved.

With regards to Goldust, I'm not homophobic but at the time it was a controversial angle, because he wasn't just portrayed as a homosexual inspired character but an intrusion sexual character, the WWF then pushed it as if it was OK to be a homophobe which is where the backlash stemmed from but his reactions were unparalleled that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I don't like Daniel Bryan

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I don't like Daniel Byrant.

Do you like Daniel Bryan though? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Do you like Daniel Bryan though? :D
    Hahaha Good Spot.

No I don't like him. I just don't like his Gimmick or him. I can see him becoming the next Cena type of Wrestler,which the WWE will love.

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I can see him becoming the next Cena type of Wrestler,which the WWE will love.

Wow! There are unpopular opinions and then there are factual errors.

Cena is a decent worker and can be a better wrestler than his superhero moves suggest but Bryan is a serious wrestler's wrestler who can work a match and make it look like a legit sporting contest which Cena (imo) cannot do.

Fair enough if you don't like Bryan - I think his gimmick and the 'YES' chants are a bit lame, I'd prefer to see him get over on talent alone but that ain't happening in WWE in this day and age - but damn son the guy can work and bell to bell is the best WRESTLER the WWE has. He has the skills of a dying trade :(

I say this and I'm not even that big a fan....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

daniel bryan has a fine head of hair

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dolph Ziggler is the most over-rated wrestler in a hell of a long time. Flopping around like a fish out of water =/= being a great wrestler.
    Well John Cena's nose didn't split itself open...

And of course everyone knows about Bob Holly and his broken neck. But that was completely Holly's fault. Apart from that time he concussed himself doing that shooting star press at WM19 he's never been reported to have injured anyone. In fact he worked that match with Angle very well considering he had a broken neck at the time.

He dropped A-Train on his head with an F-5. Dont think he injured him but could have very easily broken his neck.

Flair and Curt Henning flopped around selling like fish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

the ultimate warriors legacy is the most enduring and inspirational story of the wwf

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Flair and Curt Henning flopped around selling like fish :)

Flair only did it in a couple of spots. Ziggler does it for everything.

Hennig is another who is massively over-rated. Very good, but not as amazing as made out. His over-selling killed a lot of matches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I could be wrong but I never thought Dolphs flip flopping was why people like him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Seth Rollins is equal to Dolph Ziggler at selling... if not better.

Advertisement