Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

You say that as if he only dropped one bad elbow, his elbow drop is always awful.

Its not that bad now in fairness. Macho Man's elbow wasn't great either to be fair.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wasn't the elbow drop was after he ended up smacking his back into the Monitor on the announcers table? He had to be hurting and I imagine he didn't commit to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Dunno if this would be unpopular or not, but I think the storyline centred around Cody Rhodes is the best one in WWE at the moment. I love all of it, and I'll love it even more when Cody's music hits just out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

andyman wrote: »
    Dunno if this would be unpopular or not, but I think the storyline centred around Cody Rhodes is the best one in WWE at the moment. I love all of it, and I'll love it even more when Cody's music hits just out of nowhere.
    The problem is, knowing WWE and the push for ratings, the return of Cody probably won't be sudden and unexpected. Would be great if it was though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

CSF wrote: »
    The problem is, knowing WWE and the push for ratings, the return of Cody probably won't be sudden and unexpected. Would be great if it was though.

Well, when I say out of nowhere, I mean the RAW before Battleground when Dusty and Dustin are most likely getting pummelled by the Shield and Cody appears when he (kayfabe) wasn't supposed to be there.

Either way, the pop he gets will be phenomenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

andyman wrote: »
    Well, when I say out of nowhere, I mean the RAW before Battleground when Dusty and Dustin are most likely getting pummelled by the Shield and Cody appears when he (kayfabe) wasn't supposed to be there.

Either way, the pop he gets will be phenomenal.
    Turns out I was wrong either way, that was unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I think there's something salvageable in Brie Bella. She performed very well in the 10-Diva tag last night and has also had solid matches against Natalya and Naomi in the past. She suffers from working as a heel because she's built smaller than most of the other Divas so she frequently has to just go after the arm. If she were to turn face, her wrestling would be better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Santion has become one of my most favourite wrestlers to watch ever since his return from injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

He's been tremendous fun for years now in fairness.

One of my favourite WWE moments of recent memory was when it came down to him and Bryan in the elimination chamber.The whole crowd were absolutely willing Santino to win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Or the Rumble with Del Rio.

The tea party with Sheamo and Vlad was delightful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Randy orton's DDT move is ridiculous. It looks like his opponent needs more energy to hold in position than to just let his legs go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    Santion has become one of my most favourite wrestlers to watch ever since his return from injury.

I thought reading this first you were a Newcastle fan talking about Davide Santon.
    :o

Santino is gas at times the bit at MITB where he was falling down the ladder and his chin hitting the rungs was an absolute riot, his rumble entry this year was also memorable the way the guys kinda acted bewildered then Zigg dropped him with a superkick and somebody else dunked him out and the match just moved him on. They dropped the ball after the Chamber last year with him by feeding him to Bryan in like 2 minutes the next night. I wonder would it of happened if it was May or September instead of Mania season would they have pushed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I haven't been here in ages but I don't like the wyatts, their entrance is too long

airmax87 wrote: »
    I haven't been here in ages but I don't like the wyatts, their entrance is too long

Their matches are 10x worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

GTR63 wrote: »
    Their matches are 10x worse.
    The summerslam one was gick. I haven't watched any since, they're my new piss break.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I feel bad for Harper. He is a really good wrestler when allowed to be. The gimmick is severely limiting him, just like it is with AJ.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Being a grammar nazi might make me unpopular, but I can't take it any more.

It's the Bellas, the Wyatts, the Briscoes. There are no apostrophes in the plurals!

Aaaaarrgh!

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I loved heel stone cold when he turned with vince especally after hhh got injured

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

sky88 wrote: »
    I loved heel stone cold when he turned with vince especally after hhh got injured

Me too. What I didn't like was those comedy skits with Kurt Angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Charisteas wrote: »
    Me too. What I didn't like was those comedy skits with Kurt Angle.

I even liked them

Barring Taz, JBL is the worst TV commentator going today. He is actually worse than Taz when it comes to Diva matches and Taz is pretty awful when the Knockouts are on.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Barring Taz, JBL is the worst TV commentator going today. He is actually worse than Taz when it comes to Diva matches and Taz is pretty awful when the Knockouts are on.

Taz is so absolutely fúcking shít at his job I expect him to get a job at Sky Sports soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Thank God someone hates JBL's commentary as much as I do. I abhor his constant fake bickering with Cole. When he's not doing that he's putting over wrestlers with mindless generic sound bytes "HA! He's fun to watch, MAGGLE!", so he has no credibility. He partly responsible for me not watching RAW these days. I'd flick it on, hear him get himself over by picking some stupid argument, and it goes right back off. :(

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Thank God someone hates JBL's commentary as much as I do. I abhor his constant fake bickering with Cole. When he's not doing that he's putting over wrestlers with mindless generic sound bytes "HA! He's fun to watch, MAGGLE!", so he has no credibility. He partly responsible for me not watching RAW these days. I'd flick it on, hear him get himself over by picking some stupid argument, and it goes right back off. :(

I was watching Smackdown just before posting that and had to turn it off after the Divas match.

At least Taz has only ever made me turn the sound off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I actually like JBL. I reckon he ads a great dynamic.

I cannot stand Cole or Lawler anymore though, they're sickening. I don't think they've anyone on the roster that could replace either though. Id love to see Heyman back commentating though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I thought JBL on commentary was refreshing at first, and I was glad to see him stay when Lawler came back. Though now he does annoy me quite a bit. But then I remember how bad I thought the commentary was when it was just Cole and Lawler and I'm grateful for JBL again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I don't like the Money in the Bank concept. When guys win their first world title, Swagger, Miz, Ziggler etc it doesn't feel as special as it would if it was earned by a proper title match. We don't get the big first title wins like there was for the likes of Lesnar, Cena and Batista

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I'm inclined to agree with you there. Sometimes I think it's a cheap way to get a newer younger guy to be world champion that rarely works. Look at Swagger, RVD, Miz and Ziggler. I miss someone properly working their way up the card to main event status. Though I suppose with how protective WWE are of their upper carders today, it's probably needed if we want new blood in the title picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Im getting fed up with Daniel Bryans beard. It looks ridiculous at this stage.

Advertisement