Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

The weekly "interviews" between cole and hhh are embarrassing, truly pathetic TV

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm growing to almost hate Reigns at this stage. It really bugs me that he's set to get the biggest push of the 3 when the Shield goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I can't understand the love for Steve Blackman. Sure he had a cool entrance theme, looked like a cool, young Chuck Norris, was a legit bad ass, was a killer with the glow in the dark death sticks.... Oh wait... now I get it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I like that the WWE have been holding back Daniel Bryan. It make you want to see him succeed even more. That said, it's time to let him hit supernova.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I like that the WWE have been holding back Daniel Bryan. It make you want to see him succeed even more. That said, it's time to let him hit supernova.

Which was the opposite of their intention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

-I can understand the decision to hold off Bryan's push but his time is now

- Reigns has really started to shine and WWE is correct to make him the breakout star of the shield

- I always preffered Smackdown to Raw but now I can barely be bothered to watch it

- For months I've been gutted I'm not going to Wrestlemania this year.. now I'm slightly happy I'm not

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

mikey13 wrote: »
    - Reigns has really started to shine and WWE is correct to make him the breakout star of the shield
    I'm fairly confident that this isn't a generally unpopular one at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

Angron wrote: »
    I'm fairly confident that this isn't a generally unpopular one at this point.

I dunno a lot of people still moaning that Ambrose should be

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think theres a fair arguement for all 3 to be pushed. Id say Roman is in the best position. Ambrose and Rollins have both as much, if not more long term potential as Reigns but Roman has been placed in the best position. Roman Reigns deserves loads of credit as he was considered the least likely when they debuted to actually make it.

The three of them will be stars, it's just a case of who first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The three of them will be stars, it's just a case of who first.

Really? It seems like anytime a group splits one or more get completely forgotten about after a few months.

I fear the same will happen here despite how talented Rollins and Ambrose are could you really trust the WWE bookers/writers to give them something to do each month outside of the Shield.

Loughc wrote: »
    Really? It seems like anytime a group splits one or more get completely forgotten about after a few months.

I fear the same will happen here despite how talented Rollins and Ambrose are could you really trust the WWE bookers/writers to give them something to do each month outside of the Shield.

I think Ambrose and Rollins will stay together as a tag team for a while. That will keep them going while Reigns gets established as a singles guy. Then they can do the inevitable tag team break up which will increase their chances of succeeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

I think Ambrose and Rollins will stay together as a tag team for a while. That will keep them going while Reigns gets established as a singles guy. Then they can do the inevitable tag team break up which will increase their chances of succeeding.
    Think Ambrose is whiny punches bad and sells bad. Rollins is twice the wrestler

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I really can't stand Bryan's hair and beard now. It's time to trim it down.

smilerf wrote: »
    Think Ambrose is whiny punches bad and sells bad. Rollins is twice the wrestler

Ambrose is the best wrestler of the three. He may not be the biggest star, but he is the best actual wrestler.

Ambrose is the best wrestler of the three. He may not be the biggest star, but he is the best actual wrestler.

+1

Saying that Rollins is great too. Reigns had improved a lot over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It is safe to say there won't be a Jannetty in the Shield. They've been main event players for the guts of a year and all have proven to have what it takes to be top end.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It is safe to say there won't be a Jannetty in the Shield. They've been main event players for the guts of a year and all have proven to have what it takes to be top end.

Ah now there very well could be knowing the WWE creative team. Sure look how John Morrison turned out..... The Miz got the better push.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Best on the mic and best character too.

He and Reigns have big futures ahead of them. Rollins is the one I fear may end up as a low-mid carder at best but who knows.

He's good in the ring but he's only average on the mic and he's pretty small which doesn't help his cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I feel Rollins is the best wrestler, Ambrose is the best talker but Reigns has the best look.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think theres a fair arguement for all 3 to be pushed. Id say Roman is in the best position. Ambrose and Rollins have both as much, if not more long term potential as Reigns but Roman has been placed in the best position. Roman Reigns deserves loads of credit as he was considered the least likely when they debuted to actually make it.

Who said he was least likely? He fits WWE mould better than the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The fact that people here can't pick a best or worst outright tells me that they've all been booked well enough and have potential as singles guys

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Who said he was least likely? He fits WWE mould better than the other two.

Well maybe I should have worded it better, but Roman was the most green and could easily have flopped like so many big wwe guys that were pushed too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bryan's beard and hair look stupid at this stage. He just looks like such a ridiculous clown.

I don't get him in some ways, Austin was a rebel. a foul mouthed, beer swilling SOB. Bryan is a like a nerdy geek who was bullied in school.

Bryan's beard and hair look stupid at this stage. He just looks like such a ridiculous clown.

This was perfect for him:

Daniel-Bryan.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

^^ Got that photo signed by him two weeks after he lost the belt to Sheamo. That'd be the perfect look for him. He looks like a hobo ATM but it's working for him so who are we to judge?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yeah that's his perfect look. Makes the guy look legit. No 'weird beard' and straw like hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Omackeral wrote: »
    The fact that people here can't pick a best or worst outright tells me that they've all been booked well enough and have potential as singles guys

Bingo, that there's three of them and they all have their own individual plusses and none of them are dead weight in the team is a testament to how they've been booked since debuting, it's one of the things WWE got right the past year.

I think Ambrose is the most charismatic, he has this kooky vibe and doesnt act like a typical WWE wrestler, I like that he'd make a great stable leader if he moves onto another faction. Rollins is entertaining and solid, Reigns is a future superstar, has the look, can hit a spear that looks like it actually hurts and has an overall badass/cool heel look to him.

Completely agree about Bryan's hair, time to trim it back to a proper beard not a scraggly hobo looking thing. I thought this look was his best one:

WWE%2BDaniel%2BBryan%2B2012_.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So.....a grooming discussion eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Dunno how unpopular it is but I think since gaining more power within WWE that HHH has done a terrible job

Advertisement