Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I think he's alright. As far as I'm concerned, 2008-2010 was the worst time for wrestling. John morrison, kofi , Alberto, miz.... I've never been closer to giving up forever. Since hhh took over, or assumed more power, I feel it has gotten closer to the good ol days. So to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Dunno how unpopular it is but I think since gaining more power within WWE that HHH has done a terrible job

Originally, I disagreed and typed: "Not terrible, but so far below expectations that it isnt even funny."

Then I went on and typed the following and changed my mind to agreeing with you.

He was supposed to be all about not debuting people without having the next few months planned out, Xavier Woods had about two weeks planned out and is now doing nothing. He was then supposed to want to revive the tag team division. The Shield are on the road to splitsville and the Rhodes look to be next in line, Real Americans arent far behind. Prime Time Players split on Smackdown. That's three of their best teams gone soon along with PTP. All his buddies, and himself, are getting more air time than they deserve. His hand picked talents have been massive failures too. This is all without the Bryan failure and the Punk incident. He needs a big win soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He also hired Sin Cara and threw him straight into the Main Roster without giving him time to adapt to the WWE style.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

I dont like how generic all the PPV sets have started to look, years ago i used to look forward to seeing the set now its pretty much the same every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I dont like how generic all the PPV sets have started to look, years ago i used to look forward to seeing the set now its pretty much the same every month.
    I said this to my mate when I seen the rumble, was fairly disappointed I must say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Sirsok wrote: »
    I said this to my mate when I seen the rumble, was fairly disappointed I must say!

Yeah I was thinking the same myself. They just use the same entrance with a slight change and add the given shows logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I feel Orton's doing some, if not, the best work of his career, and the over-prevalence and priorities of the 'Authority' angle means it'll register nil on anyone's radar; He, like Bryan, is a victim of the narrow-minded view that creative lingers onto during the route to Wrestlemania.

Mind, it feels like the whole company is on the backburner. Yes, Cena is still prominent, but ever since his return in Oct, he's felt like baggage and not in the sense of him being a burden to the product, but more as though his entire shtick revolves around the writing-staff merely trying to get'im over the pre-WM hump. Though, in all honesty, as Wyatt stands now, I don't see how their impending feud is going to alter my view; it ain't chuckles, lads.

Batista, for lack of a better term, seems locked between two terms; either he's a flop-return, or they're just placing the ice on'im 'til 'Mania swings, but even then, the most immediate comparison I can think of is Edge is 2010, and even he, as the perennial, jaded WHC challenger, felt x10 more pivotal to the show than 'Tista.

I'll also dip to the other side and state that Bryan still needs a bit more work before he's the star we, the IWC, seem insistent that he is. Not much, but in terms of the scripts hiding his weaknesses and emphasizing his boons. The 'E seem overly intent of having main-eventers conform to a set list of traits, instead of booking to the pluses and minuses of a given performer.

Basically, the 'E are just killing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Bryan's beard and hair look stupid at this stage. He just looks like such a ridiculous clown.

Brie says she likes it because it makes him look like a lumberjack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Yeah that's his perfect look. Makes the guy look legit. No 'weird beard' and straw like hair.

Load of crap, once he gets into the ring, he could have a mullet for all I care. He's legit as they come, best wrestler in WWE. Once he's a Main Eventer then he can change his image. Maybe WWE have asked him to keep it.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Load of crap, once he gets into the ring, he could have a mullet for all I care. He's legit as they come, best wrestler in WWE. Once he's a Main Eventer then he can change his image. Maybe WWE have asked him to keep it.

Presentation is an important thing in wrestling, especially in WWE. Look at their other top guys. John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, Batista, Triple H, Big Show, CM Punk, Sheamus. How many of them look like a homeless guy? None, they all have a certain look that WWE want for the main event. Currently, Bryan doesnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Presentation is an important thing in wrestling, especially in WWE.

I can't hear you over my receding hairline and poorly kept handlebar moustache.

hulk-hogan10.jpg%3Fw%3D600%26h%3D466

You are aware that was 30 odd years ago, right? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Still one of the most iconic 'brands' in wrestling! That beard is Bryan's biggest selling point in terms of identity. It's this generation's eyebrow peeping over sunglasses. Except it's always on. It's a quality look for him - unassuming, everyday and a bit odd - perfect look for a heroic underdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

Deadlie wrote: »
    Still one of the most iconic 'brands' in wrestling! That beard is Bryan's biggest selling point in terms of identity. It's this generation's eyebrow peeping over sunglasses. Except it's always on. It's a quality look for him - unassuming, everyday and a bit odd - perfect look for a heroic underdog.

Something for the merchandise as well before the beard and the yes chants he had nothing marketable for tshirts

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The beard is getting out of hand tho, it's almost bigger than Bryan at this stage!

They could have a title vs Beard match at some stage tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Deadlie wrote: »

FYP :P

Loughc wrote: »
    The beard is getting out of hand tho, it's almost bigger than Bryan at this stage!

They could have a title vs Beard match at some stage tho.

Oh that's all but guaranteed.. that or he'll turn heel and face Rey in mask vs beard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Never thought much of gorilla monsoon

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

smilerf wrote: »
    Never thought much of gorilla monsoon

As a wrestler, commentator or commissioner?

I've never seen any of his matches. His commentary was of the time and seems very dated now, so I'd be inclined to agree with you (if that was your point) now. Think that his commissioner was a bit bland. People like Foley found more in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

As a wrestler, commentator or commissioner?

I've never seen any of his matches. His commentary was of the time and seems very dated now, so I'd be inclined to agree with you (if that was your point) now. Think that his commissioner was a bit bland. People like Foley found more in it.
    sorry commentary

• Advertisement

Is it just me or is Big E a bit reckless in the ring, that move he does where he essetialy just runs into his opponent is terrible he's already hurt himself and Ambrose that way and now Reigns on monday. I do like Big E but he needs to stop doing that move or be put back in NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't think much of Sandow at all

Omackeral wrote: »
    I don't think much of Sandow at all

I think he had a brief period where he could of broke through, when he won MITB he was on a nice roll but sadly SuperCena win the title and he never stood a chance

mikey13 wrote: »
    I think he had a brief period where he could of broke through, when he won MITB he was on a nice roll but sadly SuperCena win the title and he never stood a chance

They had already planned for the Unified title so had to get Sandow out of the way. He'd have been a deer in the headlights if he cashed in on the Unified champion. As good as he is, he still needs work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm still a Zack Ryder fan and think he deserves a spot in the upper mid card.

What he did for the WWEs online prescience is visible everywhere today and the lack of credit he gets for it is sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm still a Zack Ryder fan and think he deserves a spot in the upper mid card.

What he did for the WWEs online prescience is visible everywhere today and the lack of credit he gets for it is sickening.

I too am a big Zack fan. A heel turn would be ideal for him IMO, have him in a similar gimmick to Brian Kendrick when he spilt from Paul London. Have the Big O (his real life buddy) as his muscle or any other tall guy in development.

Zack reminds me of the Miz, I dont think hes naturally gifted in the ring but he does work his backside off and has a good personality for TV and on the mic.

Being a hard worker and being talented are two completely different things. Ryder should count himself lucky he still has a job to begin with, that's how little he brings to the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Sick of the Yes chant.. It's becoming the new WHAT! Bryan needs to change it up a bit if he wins the title.. Get rid of the beard/silly hair and hopefully something replaces YES..

Ryback is great. I hated him at first, but his facial expressions are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ryback is great. I hated him at first, but his facial expressions are hilarious.

The Big Guy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I'm really enjoying the Emma/Santino skits, always makes me laugh. Think Fandango should be above that long-term, but he's the perfect foil for them at the moment.

Advertisement