Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Some opinions from my 11yr old nephew:

He thinks Batista is good and is glad he is back.
    Doesn't like Daniel Bryan without a beard as he looks too young.
    Royal Rumble 2011 is his favourite Rumble match because there were 40 in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I like Samuel Shaws new gimmick.
    Sue me :p

Getout.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »

I like it too, but have no clue where it can go after this Hemme story finishes. Hopefully they planned it out in advance and arent making it up as they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Some opinions from my 11yr old nephew:

He thinks Batista is good and is glad he is back.
    Doesn't like Daniel Bryan without a beard as he looks too young.
    Royal Rumble 2011 is his favourite Rumble match because there were 40 in it.

My 10 year old nephew is into it now as well, he has the 2K14 game and was playing the Wrestlemania mode on it, and wanted to see the older guys since he didnt know much about them past their names. Fun seeing his reactions to older stuff (within reason, not showing him overly violent attitude era matches or stuff like Sable's shenanigans back in the day). He doesn't like Cena much,cos he wins too much and always comes back at the end when the bad guy is winning, that's a good start :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

But why is he dressed as Dexter?:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Not unpopular at all! I think it's fantastic and hope it's on RAW soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sam shaw has the best new gimmick in wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

1st post here.

I never liked Taker or Ric Flair.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I'd be interested in watching another Brawl For All Tournament with the current generation of Superstars and genuinely found the first version of it really interesting just a few kinks to be ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That gif of AJ with the pom poms is getting real old real fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Deadlie wrote: »
    1st post here. I never liked Taker or Ric Flair.

You and my buddy OOC would get on so well! He was at the Rumble party beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Omackeral wrote: »
    That gif of AJ with the pom poms is getting real old real fast.

You're a brave man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Deadlie wrote: »
    1st post here.

I never liked Taker or Ric Flair.

I hate the whole routine with Flair. He is unwatchable and has been for years. His opinion on WCW is pathetic. You'd swear he wasn't getting paid while he was there.

Undertaker is awfully overrated, 90% of his matches were rubbish unless he was with certain wrestlers like Foley or Michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I couldn't care less about Daniel Bryan and I'd prefer it if they'd use Triple H for something more worthwhile at Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I hate the whole routine with Flair. He is unwatchable and has been for years. His opinion on WCW is pathetic. You'd swear he wasn't getting paid while he was there.

Undertaker is awfully overrated, 90% of his matches were rubbish unless he was with certain wrestlers like Foley or Michaels.

Flair shat all over his legacy, he got the sendoff of a lifetime then crapped all over it, suppose all those ex wives won't pay for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

krudler wrote: »
    Flair shat all over his legacy, he got the sendoff of a lifetime then crapped all over it, suppose all those ex wives won't pay for themselves.

somehow he think's it's all part of his image but it's really sad and pathetic. HE doesn't behave like a legend but a old wino thinking he's still the man. His ass kissing of HHH/Vince is sickening to be honest, known that HHH has a hard on for Flair (HHH never once reminded me of Flair even though he tried so hard during Evolution to be Flair mark 2, it came off false) he has a easy way of getting out of his silly debts. The man is pathetic but in the 80's he was the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Looper007 wrote: »
    somehow he think's it's all part of his image but it's really sad and pathetic. HE doesn't behave like a legend but a old wino thinking he's still the man. His ass kissing of HHH/Vince is sickening to be honest, known that HHH has a hard on for Flair (HHH never once reminded me of Flair even though he tried so hard during Evolution to be Flair mark 2, it came off false) he has a easy way of getting out of his silly debts. The man is pathetic but in the 80's he was the man.

I don't really think that's fair, how long has the man been in the business? It must be addictive , imagine 20+ thousand goin nuts when they hear your music initially, must be some buzz especially when your gettin paid for it!

In fairness I do find him fairly deplorable in interviews, especially on the Ledgends round table discussions, but bit unfair to label him pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SeanJ09

I would love to see a feud between the Rock and HHH ONE MORE TIME.

SeanJ09 wrote: »

Both men's greatest feuds, worked well together and put on classics. But nah both men aren't that great in ring anymore. Love a DVD set like the one they did for HBK/Bret discussing their rivalry, now that I pay for.

Sirsok wrote: »
    I don't really think that's fair, how long has the man been in the business? It must be addictive , imagine 20+ thousand goin nuts when they hear your music initially, must be some buzz especially when your gettin paid for it!

In fairness I do find him fairly deplorable in interviews, especially on the Ledgends round table discussions, but bit unfair to label him pathetic

Sorry but his behaviour outside the ring has been deplorable. How many divorces? been drunk and walking naked down hotel corridors in front of Families and the public when he's supposed to be the number 1 guy and even into his 50's and 60's. Taken advantage of HHH and Vince's goodwill paying off debts and such cause he can't handle money. Been beaten up by his daughter's boyfriend and stories about him been a bitch and backstabber backstage. He's a massive Hypocrite slagging off TNA yet joins them when he's offered money then knocks them again when he leaves, Slag's off Bret Hart, Nash and Hall yet kisses their asses when he meets them. Most of WWE given him one of the most touching send off's ever only to piss that up agains't the wall cause he landed himself in debt.

Sorry the man is pathetic. I Won't take away from his in ring work.

• Advertisement

Both men's greatest feuds, worked well together and put on classics. But nah both men aren't that great in ring anymore. Love a DVD set like the one they did for HBK/Bret discussing their rivalry, now that I pay for.

Would love to see a rivalry like HHH and Stone Cold too, was brilliant from mid 1999- No Way out 2001. Rivalries like that illustrate why HHH was the best heel in the business IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Agree on Flair 100% I didn't have Sky when I was a kid so didn't have access to any WCW besides the odd time I was in a relatives house that did have Sky so when I was very eager to get the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection or whatever it was called when I was about 13 or 14 or so. Spent about 70 euro or something stupid like that on it and instantly regretted it. Besides Royal Rumble 92 and the Terry Funk "I Quit" match you're essentially watching the same match for 6 hours.

On the other hand I could not disagree more about Taker. The man has evolved so much that keeps him relevant time and time again. I'd also argue that he if anything isn't given enough credit for the Attitude Era, 2 years before it even existed he was doing things that had never been seen on mainstream wrestling with the likes of Foley and Goldust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Wasn't a big fan of Flair in the ring, he's good but as Bret Hart called him in his book, he's a routine man doing the same match every night.

Fun character though.

That said I wouldn't call him pathetic for still hanging around the ring. Very few guys of that level who are still alive have managed to completely leave the business. And most of those who have would come back for another payday if they could get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Bad News Barrett has one of the very worst gimmicks in WWE history....it is car-crash viewing at times and it is unbelievable that they are persisting with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

On the subject of DVD sets, I'd like a Triple H vs Mankind one.
    max life wrote: »
    Bad News Barrett has one of the very worst gimmicks in WWE history....it is car-crash viewing at times and it is unbelievable that they are persisting with it!

It could be good but it has gone nowhere. It seems like they havent a clue what to actually do with it, so he just gets sent out to insult people for no real reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    On the subject of DVD sets, I'd like a Triple H vs Mankind one.

This would be really cool. Triple H/WWE has done a fine job censuring just how instrumental Mick was to making H's career and how big a part of the Attitude Era he was, so I can't see it. I'd love a Bret vs Shawn DVD style long chat + matches though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

SeanJ09 wrote: »

It would look too fake because they've shown camaraderie at shows like the Hall of Fame. I just can't picture them hating each other, unlike Cena and The Rock because of Cena's comments about The Rock.

The feud between Stone Cold and The Rock in 2003 looked fake at times.

It would look too fake because they've shown camaraderie at shows like the Hall of Fame. I just can't picture them hating each other, unlike Cena and The Rock because of Cena's comments about The Rock.

The feud between Stone Cold and The Rock in 2003 looked fake at times.

Cena and The Rock don't hate one another. It doesn't have to be about anyone not getting on, just backstage detail about the feud, what they thought about one another, about the matches and the build up to their careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Cena and The Rock don't hate one another. It doesn't have to be about anyone not getting on, just backstage detail about the feud, what they thought about one another, about the matches and the build up to their careers.

I know damn well they don't hate each other but it still looked real. How are we supposed to believe a feud when wrestlers are showing camaraderie outside of the weekly shows?

I remember when HHH went on his hunt for the WWF title in 1999 and I genuinely thought J.R. hated HHH because of the comments J.R. would say about HHH - even when I re-watched the old episodes back in 2008 when I discovered a wrestling torrents website, I was still sold by the great storylines back then.

• Advertisement

Wade Barrett should get a push. (Discarding his Bad News Barrett gimmick)

Advertisement