Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

It's madness people want the streak to be broken. Up until Daniel Bryan being entered into the mail event, the streak is the only reason why I'm interested in Wrestlemania this year.

Listening to J.R.'s podcast at the moment and even he says the streak is bigger than the WWE title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Angelina love is a minger

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

smilerf wrote: »
    Angelina love is a minger

Wouldnt really be unpopular. She really splits opinion on her. Personally, I like her but she is a bit too skinny these days. A few years ago and she was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

WCW > WWF

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

And NWO > DX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SeanJ09

Wade Barrett could make a great heel if given a half decent gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

I think Bad news Barrett really suits Wade Barrett, but I think they need to put more effort into the gimmick and incorporate it into an actual run (why ISN'T Bad News Barrett wrestling?*). He needs to really deliver bad news, ruining big moments, and get into trouble for it.

So Barrett coming out to CM Punk's music in Chicago would've been a chuckle. But with a buildup that starts in Chicago with some vignettes teasing a return at 'Mania, only for Barrett to then reveal in front of 80,000 people that it was him all along. Would that not be better?

Daniel Bryan is about to win the 2015 Royal Rumble; he's cleared the ring with 1 competitor left to come out. Wade Barrett is #30 and says he had some bad news for Daniel Bryan as a group of Barrett underlings rush the ring and eliminate Bryan, Wade winning the rumble without even setting foot in the ring. Smarks crying.

The best bad news moment I can think of is Shane MacMahon telling Vince that he owns WCW during the simulcast. get Barrett to do one thing like that (but obvs. not on that scale) every year and let the feuds work themselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's madness people want the streak to be broken. Up until Daniel Bryan being entered into the mail event, the streak is the only reason why I'm interested in Wrestlemania this year.

Listening to J.R.'s podcast at the moment and even he says the streak is bigger than the WWE title.
    I don't like The Undertaker, I like Brock Lesnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SeanJ09

Excellent article here on Daniel Bryan, which reflects my own opinion on him.
    http://balls.ie/news/sweet-chin-musings-daniel-bryan-one-hit-wonder/

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

AJ Lee is going backwards at a terrifying rate. Her promos are mediocre, her overall acting is a horrendous exercise in chewing scenery and even her in ring work has slumped (she's not helped by the bulk of what she's working with to be fair). She's also become quite insufferably smug...

Tis a pity as I really liked her from Nxt all the way up to her GM run... :(

• Advertisement

AJ Lee is going backwards at a terrifying rate. Her promos are mediocre, her overall acting is a horrendous exercise in chewing scenery and even her in ring work has slumped (she's not helped by the bulk of what she's working with to be fair). She's also become quite insufferably smug...

She was brilliant last year but since Total Divas became so popular she has been given next to nothing to work with. She loses almost every week now despite being by far the most popular Diva in the company.

It's exactly what happened with Gail Kim a few years ago. She was getting nothing and ended up no longer caring until she left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

She's a wrestler not an actor :pac:

Check out her recent match with Natalya fromMain Event. I thought it was pretty good, a 'competitive little contest' if you will.

She's a wrestler not an actor :pac:

She'll be as successful as Essa Rios or Hakushi in that case! *EPIC*

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

C.M PUNK! C.M PUNK! C.M PUNK!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Test should have won the 2002 King of the Ring

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ahead of RVD or Lesnar??? Whats your thinking behind that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm with ya buddy. My boy Test was a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm with ya buddy. My boy Test was a beast.

He reminded me of Kevin Nash without the ego (or the injuries). I was liked him but he was booked very poor after the Steph angle and never really recovered. Never thought he should of won that KOTR though.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ahead of RVD or Lesnar??? Whats your thinking behind that?

I thought he deserved a run, RVD should have won the triple threat match at No Mercy 2001 against Stone Cold & Kurt Angle he was the most over of the 3 at that time. Lesnar I didn't like because I knew WWE were behind him and he'd be pushed to the moon.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He reminded me of Kevin Nash without the ego (or the injuries). I was liked him but he was booked very poor after the Steph angle and never really recovered. Never thought he should of won that KOTR though.

I was a big Diesel Kevin Nash fan & I saw Test as a replacement for him when he went to WCW plus he could do way more moves and the elbow drop from the top rope which was way better than CM Punk version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I didnt care for Cena vs Michaels in London on Raw.

I thought he deserved a run, RVD should have won the triple threat match at No Mercy 2001 against Stone Cold & Kurt Angle he was the most over of the 3 at that time. Lesnar I didn't like because I knew WWE were behind him and he'd be pushed to the moon.

Any push Lesnar has gotten has been 100% merited. Easily the biggest asset WWE has in terms of the live show right now (obviously Cena is a better source of finance).

Pretty much every feud the guy does is interesting, every time the guy's music hits, you know **** is about to hit the fan, and with the man with the best mic skills in the industry beside him, I don't see why you would consider pushing a perennial lower mid carder like Test ahead of Lesnar right at the time when Lesnar was gaining momentum. There are better wrestlers than Lesnar no doubt, but in terms of the wow factor and overall package, he wins.

See what I've done there is actually kind of great, because I've replied to your post and posted an unpopular wrestling opinion in the unpopular wrestling opinions thread all at once.

Anyone noticed the crowd pops for Lesnar have died down lately? The booking of him has been so bad that no-one believes he's the killer he once was.

Anyone noticed the crowd pops for Lesnar have died down lately? The booking of him has been so bad that no-one believes he's the killer he once was.

Once somebody is booked to fight Taker at Mania that's inevitable. Opponent might as well use Beck's 'Loser' as entrance music for the duration of the build.

He got a big pop when people thought he was going for the title. After that bait and switch he started the Undertaker feud. As said, the outcome is obvious so there is a lack of excitement about it. Next time Lesnar appears after Wrestlemania, it will be back to normal. Especially if he is going for the title.

Lesnar isn't supposed to start the promo. Lesnar is best interrupting somebody else's and creating an impact. The current feud is catering to Undertaker more than Lesnar but it's still the match I'm looking forward to most at Mania and I don't much like Undertaker. The other really watchable guys (Bryan and Shield) are against poor enough opposition.

Once somebody is booked to fight Taker at Mania that's inevitable. Opponent might as well use Beck's 'Loser' as entrance music for the duration of the build.

I think it happened before he announced the 'Taker match. Having him lose the John Cena was a joke because Cena is a shít wrestler while Brock is a NCAA champion and UFC champion.

The feud between HHH and Brock was stupid because they did the broken arm angle twice.

The 'Taker-Brock feud could have worked if they had Brock demolish everyone since he came back because we're supposed to believe The Undertaker might be beaten by him.

Lesnar isn't supposed to start the promo. Lesnar is best interrupting somebody else's and creating an impact. The current feud is catering to Undertaker more than Lesnar but it's still the match I'm looking forward to most at Mania and I don't much like Undertaker. The other really watchable guys (Bryan and Shield) are against poor enough opposition.

I think it happened before he announced the 'Taker match. Having him lose the John Cena was a joke because Cena is a shít wrestler while Brock is a NCAA champion and UFC champion.

rs0bpnm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I guarantee he means his general wrestling technique is sloppy (see: Practically every move he does, from punches to the protoplex to his leg drop) rather than his excellent dramatic storytelling skills. Or he could mean no-selling important spots, e.g. DDT on the concrete.

Advertisement