Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

John Cena, the Black Knight of WWE.

"'Tis but a scratch"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I don't get all this love for Sting and for him to work a match with Taker. Could care less about seeing him tbh. His early WCW stuff was good but I've no interest in him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Omackeral wrote: »
    I didnt care for Cena vs Michaels in London on Raw.

I was a bit upset that the other matches weren't shown because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭srfc d16

I have no idea what people see in Christian.
    Every time I see people on here bigging him up I wonder if it is some sort of joke started before I joined here and I just don't get the reference.
    I enjoyed Edge and himself in some incredible tag matches but as a solo performer he does nothing for me.
    He is a solid hand and pretty good technically but I would not be upset if I never saw him wrestle a singles match again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't get all this love for Sting and for him to work a match with Taker. Could care less about seeing him tbh. His early WCW stuff was good but I've no interest in him now.

I think people want Taker vs Sting as it would have happened 10 years ago but will settle.

Personally, I've never seen much of Sting, and given the high standard of matches Taker puts on now, I think the match would be a disaster...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

764dak wrote: »
    I was a bit upset that the other matches weren't shown because of it.

Was Edge vs Orton booked and advertised? That was the Rated RKO fallout. I wanted to see that match, heel vs heel. Both awesome!

Oh and srfc d16 is spot on about Christian. Captain Vanilla. Never bought him as a credible main evented ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Christian is a mediocrity at best. One of the most baffling IWC favourites. See also: Zack Ryder. Christian is a LOT better than Ryder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Was Edge vs Orton booked and advertised? That was the Rated RKO fallout. I wanted to see that match, heel vs heel. Both awesome!

That match was never going to happen, because IIRC Randy was sent home, possibly the time he took a dump in in Divas bag? Or it might have been a trashed hotel room. Anyway, that's why Cena and HBK were given an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah im not christians biggest fan, but he is far from mediocre. Granted over his latest WWE run hes been a bit bland but he can still go with the best of them and in his prime was one of the most under rated heels in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As a peep I am bias of course :p but no way is Christian overrated if anything he is underrated

I think WWE missed out not having him feud with Edge and when he was finally given the world title it was a very short reign

He was a great ECW champ and showed in TNA he could be a top guy, one of the few wrestlers imo who can work as both a heel or face and is a very good in ring worker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Edge and Christian were pencilled in for a programme in 2011 afaik.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    That match was never going to happen, because IIRC Randy was sent home, possibly the time he took a dump in in Divas bag? Or it might have been a trashed hotel room. Anyway, that's why Cena and HBK were given an hour.

I think that was the time both Edge and Orton (along with others) were caught up with some drug scandal (online drugs or something)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Christian is the same level as the likes of Dolph Ziggler. A good mid carder but that's about it. He's been more or less in the right position for most of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Daniel Bryan will never be in the elite group of sports entertainers who have had sustained periods of success such as the Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, HHH, or John Cena. He will always be regarded as a wrestler who had just flashes of success, similar to Eddie Guerrerro and Chris Benoit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan will never be in the elite group of sports entertainers who have had sustained periods of success such as the Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, HHH, or John Cena. He will always be regarded as a wrestler who had just flashes of success, similar to Eddie Guerrerro and Chris Benoit.

I wouldnt say many would find that unpopular. Its a realistic outlook IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't think Punk was missed and I hope he doesn't come back.

I also want HHH to win The World Title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Christian is the same level as the likes of Dolph Ziggler. A good mid carder but that's about it. He's been more or less in the right position for most of his career.

Dolph Ziggler > Christian both in the ring and on the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

CSF wrote: »

Agree with this though they're both nothing impressive on the mic at all and Dolph needs a proper finisher (amongst a few other other things) to really push on I think. Dolph sells tremendously but his offensive moveset is a bit forgettable at times (spectacular dropkicks aside).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

He is in his hoop

WTF :confused: is this a joke

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    WTF :confused: is this a joke
    No. Christian is ready salted flavour to the max. I don't see what you see in him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Christian is ready salted flavour to the max.

I like ready salted. :o

I like ready salted. :o

Me too :p

Well Christian is the man for you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Christian can be great when he is booked in good spots. His feud with Orton a couple of years ago was cracking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I don't like Daniel Bryan and the yes movement is a pain in the you know what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    As a peep I am bias of course :p but no way is Christian overrated if anything he is underrated

I think WWE missed out not having him feud with Edge and when he was finally given the world title it was a very short reign

He was a great ECW champ and showed in TNA he could be a top guy, one of the few wrestlers imo who can work as both a heel or face and is a very good in ring worker

He didn't show in TNA that he could be a top guy. He did nothing whatsoever in TNA apart from being a former WWE superstar and one of the first "big" names to show up there. If he showed he could have been a top guy in TNA he would not have left to go back to being a mediocre midcarder in WWE at his very first oppurtunity.

What exactly made him a great WWECW champion? Stellar matches, length of reign? Not to mention he is a god awful face. Good heel I'll grant you that, but he was a far better heel when he had someone alongside him.

There is a reason he never got a sustained push and there is a reason why he garners silence coming through the curtain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He also just looks like some bloke off the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

He also just looks like some bloke off the street.

He's actually very yellow looking in person. Dunno what kinda fake tan he uses, but he's almost turmeric yellow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone insulting Christian on behalf of every peep can just

tumblr_mwccnvvevg1qhelj9o1_400.gif

Its not his fault Mania and the overall product flat out sucks now

Advertisement