Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Paige is massively over rated in the looks department.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Omackeral wrote: »

I hate this thread by times :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

She does wear too much eye shadow/liner alright. Doesn't need to either.
    I think people hold way too much stock in the opinions of Lance Storm and William Regal. Neither were big names or had the greatest of careers for them to be so opinionated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

GTR63 wrote: »
    She does wear too much eye shadow/liner alright. Doesn't need to either.
    I think people hold way too much stock in the opinions of Lance Storm and William Regal. Neither were big names or had the greatest of careers for them to be so opinionated

You think regal is overrated ? Dear Lord what is the world coming too

• Advertisement

colmufc wrote: »
    You think regal is overrated ? Dear Lord what is the world coming too

Thanks for reading my post :rolleyes: but I do I think both are big headed for what they achieved in their careers. They are no Shawn Michaels or Steve Austin's

Lance Storm was one of the best things about WcW imo(and ECW) and the man was a hell of a worker.

He got killed by the 'Boring' promo in WWE, he could and should have been a much bigger deal but that just destroyed his heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anyone else not like Bryan? I find the Yes chants annoying, the guy has a typical mid 30s bloated midriff and also sports a weird beard. We know how talented he is but he's limited to the same sh1t everyweek in WWE.

The clown just goes Yes Yes Yes every time he gets on the mic, there's no depth to the character and his matches follow the same shallow pattern. I watched Mania with non wrestling fans and they couldn't get him at all.

Shallow Pattern? My god you could not be so more wrong. The guy literally has everything in his arsenal. He can do a slow technical match, he can do the wild brawls and he can do some high flying spots. he has been known to do all the above in one match. What he is doing at the moment works for the moment. He will move off from this as he is adaptable, he knows what an audience wants.

With regard to his character, each to their own. I personally like it. I have always liked whatever character he has played, but I have always been a hopeless mark for the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Lance Storm was one of the best things about WcW imo(and ECW) and the man was a hell of a worker.

He got killed by the 'Boring' promo in WWE, he could and should have been a much bigger deal but that just destroyed his heat.

That surely not unpopular. Hes one of my all time favs. Could have been as good as Benoit if used right in WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Neither were big names or had the greatest of careers for them to be so opinionated

What correlation should there be between those things though? Anybody can hold a strong opinion about wrestling (or anything else). I have plenty myself despite Vision of Disorder's wrestling career encompassing zero matches (if only I wasn't so scrawny... :( ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beakerjoe wrote: »
    That surely not unpopular. Hes one of my all time favs. Could have been as good as Benoit if used right in WWE

With all due respect, he's nowhere near Benoit. I doubt he ever enters anyone's Top 20. He's never made it to WrestleMania (which ain't right) and had never held a World Title. Lance was good. Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What would be the most entertaining thing Lance Storm has done? (Not his in-ring work) Something the showcases his personality?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What would be the most entertaining thing Lance Storm has done? (Not his in-ring work) Something the showcases his personality?

Probably Team Canada in WCW

I can't remember where I read/heard recently that Storm was afraid of the heat he would get (from fans) for being in the unamericans group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

The Yes chant has become very irritating. It looks even worse when he has a belt in both hands.

He should stop forcing it by raising his arms every five seconds. Do it on his entrance only.

WWE do love to flog a dead horse though. It will be interesting to see how over it is 3 months down the line.

His matches are great and I was impressed by some of his recent backstage pass promos etc.

Need s something new though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm with Lance Storm: I'm not a fan of the Adam Rose gimmick.

I'm with Lance Storm: I'm not a fan of the Adam Rose gimmick.

It beats the late 80s/early 90s, double-jobbing wrestler/gamehunter, doomed to fail nonsense Rose/Kruger had before it every time.

If the theme wasn't awesome he'd have nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Has about 12 months shelf like max.

Has about 12 months shelf like max.

About the same as any other nxt gimmick. Not many have clicked with the fans. Big E, Rusev, Woods and Emma all are as shallow as a puddle character wise.

• Advertisement

About the same as any other nxt gimmick. Not many have clicked with the fans. Big E, Rusev, Woods and Emma all are as shallow as a puddle character wise.

Ah The Shield and The Wyatts have. Cesaro has too. Its liek every gimmick, so have legs some dont, its how they are used.

Ah The Shield and The Wyatts have. Cesaro has too. Its liek every gimmick, so have legs some dont, its how they are used.

The Shield were repackaged for the main roster though so it wasn't an Nxt gimmick as such. Bray Wyatt is a good counterpoint though. I like The Ascension too. :o

Cesaro has been repackaged a few times(rugby player, yoddeler, strong man), The Shield were debuted as a trio on WWE tv. I don't think the talent lacks but who thought Emma's gimmick would go down well on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I don't like JBL on commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Thanks for reading my post :rolleyes: but I do I think both are big headed for what they achieved in their careers. They are no Shawn Michaels or Steve Austin's

Very harsh IMO, to the point I'd almost say it's factually incorrect. Someone's in-ring achievements don't necessarily correlate to them being good communicators of valid opinion in their subject of expertise, in the same way that Pele and Maradona have never been successful football coaches. Regal and Storm are both well-traveled, well-regarded by peers, great communicators and have since gone on to re-invent themselves with a new life now their in-ring careers have run their course: Regal being a renowned talent spotter and Storm training young wrestlers. Not even Hogan and Flair have done that. Both men should have any thoughts on wrestling immediately taken seriously, they have serious credibility. And all of that is irrespective of what you think of them in the ring.

I don't like JBL on commentary

Don't think thats unpopular anymore!

Can't stand another minute of him burying their current WWE Champion or making fun of Paige.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Zeus never got enough of a run ,could have been awesome if given the right push

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Paige will never be big without a tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Paige will never be big without a tan.

Sheamus hasn't got on too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Sheamus hasn't got on too bad

It's natural for gingers to have pale skin, Paige just looks weird.

Advertisement