Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's natural for gingers to have pale skin, Paige just looks weird.
    Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's natural for gingers to have pale skin, Paige just looks weird.

She sticks out. You'd notice her more than your usual tanned blondey they usually have

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It suits Paige's character. Black hair, pale skin. She's the anti-diva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Zeus never got enough of a run ,could have been awesome if given the right push
    He was awesome once he got a push... out the door :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »

Pity it wasn't her that made the speech AJ did against the Total Divas. While AJ doesnt act like them, she looks like them, whereas Paige is complete opposite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Im not a Bo-liever. I can't stand him in and out of the ring, I find him quite over rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Im not a Bo-liever. I can't stand him in and out of the ring, I find him quite over rated.

FINALLY! Someone who agrees!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I thought that was why his gimmick worked, cos everyone naturally dislikes him so his smarmy (havent seen too much of him i'll be honest) bolieve in yourself schtick works to make you dislike him even more. I bolieve thats the case anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I thought Mike Adamle was a great GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mark Henry should have been nowhere near a World Heavyweight Championship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

mxph3 wrote: »
    I thought Mike Adamle was a great GM.

Agreed! Was horrible as an announcer and commentator but I thought he really embraced the GM role and was enjoying it.

Mike Knox and Drew McIntyre are probably the two biggest missed opportunities in WWE in the last decade. Potential from both to be huge stars, now one is dwindling in TNA (I think?) and the other is essentially enhancement talent. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Mark Henry should have been nowhere near a World Heavyweight Championship

On paper yes, but I loved his 2011 run. He was booked as a dominant monster and his mic work was solid. It was unfortunate injuries have affected him so badly as he had a ton of momentum as a monster heel imo. And he was loyal to the company for so many years so I consider it a well earned title reign.

Oh and the next person who says they don't like Paige, I will find and kill. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Paige will never be big without a tan.
    That would be the case if she was American...She's not, her accent makes up for her lake of tan trust me. Also, a great in ring talent and that's becoming really important now. Also her anti-diva gimmick in NXT is pretty awesome!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Shame they didn't name her Pailey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Moneymaker wrote: »
    On paper yes, but I loved his 2011 run. He was booked as a dominant monster and his mic work was solid. It was unfortunate injuries have affected him so badly as he had a ton of momentum as a monster heel imo. And he was loyal to the company for so many years so I consider it a well earned title reign.

Oh and the next person who says they don't like Paige, I will find and kill. :pac:

Understatement here.

His mic work was ****ing awesome, that promo he cut after he beat Orton to win the title was class as of course was the promo with Edge and Orton before he won the title at NOC.

Really good reign as well, proper good old fashioned heel monster champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mark Henry is pure quality. Can't think of another superstar who could have pulled off the Cena thing so well. And he is definitely number 2 big man after Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

On the topic of Paige, I like her but I don't like her character. I find it highly sexist and actually pretty outdated now. From seeing her previous work on the indies and knowing she's not actually like that in real life, it just comes across as a cheap way to grab fans by going "hey boys, look at me, I'm not a girl, I'm just like you so cheer for me!" - her character is basically that she's NOT a girly girl. AJ pulled a similar tactic to grab fans but she makes up for it by having some kind of character depth (being crazy and manipulative). Paige's character was acceptable when she first started out because she was the only proper indie girl on NXT and the Divas didn't have characters then. But now there are plenty of interesting characters in the division like Bayley, Emma, AJ, Summer Rae, Aksana and sometimes Layla. Paige's act has basically grown stale. She claims to the the Anti-Diva, yet the rest of the Divas are much more diverse character wise. It seems very sexist that they're saying we should cheer for her because she's rejecting her femininity. I'd rather they present her as unbalanced or ruthless, rather than promoting the fact that she's not girly. Oddly enough the character's first incarnation was meant to be a badass hacker like Lisbeth Solander

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Paige is coming across a little bland on the Raw's she's been on, for sure. Time will tell, it's still very early days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

NXT never really fixed how unlikable and condensing Paige comes across on promos BOTH in content and delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

AJ is only ok character wise and is overrated. I find most of her promos forced rather than natural. Don't get me started on her "psycho bitch" expressions either as they are samey and it's hammy in the extreme.

She was slightly interesting at first as she stood out initially, but I think with the divas they have coming up her schtick is going to lose her uniqueness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

CastorTroy wrote: »

She's an emo kid basically. Despite this it seems to be working.
    AJ is only ok character wise and is overrated. I find most of her promos forced rather than natural. Don't get me started on her "psycho bitch" expressions either as they are samey and it's hammy in the extreme.

She was slightly interesting at first as she stood out initially, but I think with the divas they have coming up her schtick is going to lose her uniqueness.

I agree with this. I made a similar point above about her going backwards. I think she's gotten stale rather than crap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Mike Knox and Drew McIntyre are probably the two biggest missed opportunities in WWE in the last decade. Potential from both to be huge stars, now one is dwindling in TNA (I think?) and the other is essentially enhancement talent. Shame.

His biggest problem is when he opens his mouth he sounds like a 10 year old Scottish girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I can't stand AJs promos to be honest, she sounds like she is trying to replicate what Punk did in his promos, but it just comes across as forced and unnatural. That "pipe bomb" of hers, I didn't watch Raw live and my Twitter was full of people calling it epic and amazing, I found it bland and fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Yup she's coming across very Punk-wannabe and it's not good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

rovert wrote: »
    NXT never really fixed how unlikable and condensing Paige comes across on promos BOTH in content and delivery.
    Do you mean condescending? I'm kinda confused about what you mean by condensing otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I also loved Knox when he debuted with k2 its when they made him into snitsky 2.0 that I lost all intetest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

People are judging the Divas based on male standards. They need to be judged on Diva standards. Stephanie is the easy winner in that regard but I wouldnt even count her as a Diva since she almost never gets involved.

After that, AJ is the easy winner. Watch her Wrestlemania promo and you'll see how good she is. None of the other Divas could have pulled that off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    None of the other Divas could have pulled that off.
    AJ can pull whatever she wants off. :D
    Her promos are a bit annoying but they are a bit more like good Dolph Ziggler promos for me as she showed him up in the feud they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I was a fan of "Big Evil" Undertaker (2002-2003), I loved his theme music that he was using during that time:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Haven't rated an Undertaker character since the Ministry ended.

Advertisement