Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Not sure if it's unpopular as such, but I think Bob Holly should have been World Heavyweight Champion at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Officer999 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's unpopular as such, but I think Bob Holly should have been World Heavyweight Champion at some stage.

It's unpopular with me, the chap had no character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

mxph3 wrote: »
    I was a fan of "Big Evil" Undertaker (2002-2003), I loved his theme music that he was using during that time
    Knacker Taker was great imo
    CSF wrote: »
    It would be a bit of a laugh though :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

They put the belt on Jack Swagger....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Officer999 wrote: »
    They put the belt on Jack Swagger....

Swagger is in a whole different league to Holly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

GTR63 wrote: »
    Knacker Taker was great imo

It would be a bit of a laugh though :pac: :pac: :pac:

Best thing I've ever read on Boards. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Cm punk is a fcuking knob

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I like Rusev.

Reminds me of an Umaga rather that. Vladimir Koslov in how he looks agile and powerful rather than awkward.

I don't think much of his finisher, could do better there, make use of his agility and strength.

His current Gimmick needs work but since it's just an introduction it should do the job of making people think heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I like Rusev.

Reminds me of an Umaga rather that. Vladimir Koslov in how he looks agile and powerful rather than awkward.

I don't think much of his finisher, could do better there, make use of his agility and strength.

His current Gimmick needs work but since it's just an introduction it should do the job of making people think heel.

I like him too, he looks like a beast, the gimmick is very 80's but if they give him something good to do or a decent feud it could go somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He needs to be kept seperate from the authority though , Let him squash a few more people and then have some one rise up and properly take him on but still have him go over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He needs to be kept seperate from the authority though , Let him squash a few more people and then have some one rise up and properly take him on but still have him go over

I agree with this. Didn't like him as an extra in that 11 v 3 match vs The Shield. Shouldn't be mixing with anyone or being subservient to anyone (bar the smoking hot Lana)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rusev has a lot more about him then Kozlov ever did. Everything down to Kozlovs, even his ring attire was just dreadful. And after that godawful match with HHH there was no way back for Kozlov.

The classic 'foreign heel' gimmick is so dated and overdone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I find Sting to be very overrated. I don't get the love for him being this great "legend" at all. He's not a hall of fame candidate for any credible hall of fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I loved The Miz when he was WWE Champion. Its weird, they pushed him well before he become champ. Now hes just in the midcard vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I find Sting to be very overrated. I don't get the love for him being this great "legend" at all. He's not a hall of fame candidate for any credible hall of fame.

Ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Want to hit Rikishi with a car after missing Jimmy and Naomi's wedding:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Agreed, was never a fan. He was a typical, vanilla, late 80's babyface with nothing particularly standout about him - like a smaller Ultimate Warrior. It just so happened Flair needed a foil and he was the guy. He then benefitted from an Undertaker rip-off gimmick before bastardising his career late on with his TNA run, showing up just how mediocre he could be without a big marketing machine behind him.

I'd still stick him in the HoF though, if a guy gets that over for that long at the top then he's done something right. Sting, Goldberg and DDP always held their own on top of WCW while they were beating WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's easy to spot those who never seen Sting at his peak. He is more deserving than 90% of the Hall of Fame already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's easy to spot those who never seen Sting at his peak. He is more deserving than 90% of the Hall of Fame already.

It's just a differing opinion. I mean, I love splashes in the corner from a non-big guy as a major offensive weapon as much as anyone, but I dunno if that alone gets you into the HoF. Flair carried him to greatness (not to be confused with how people carry the Great Khali for the record, before people think I'm winding them up) during his in-ring peak and a decent gimmick carried him the rest of the way. He was decent, just not one of the best that people make him out to be for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

The New Age Outlaws never did it for me and only got over cos they were members of DX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I had an English teacher in secondary school who one day started a class by saying how every life has a peak - you're born, you die but somewhere between those two points your life peaks.

When was Sting's peak? Ric Flair giving him great matches in the late 80s, ripping off The Crow and having average to poor matches in the late 90s or wrestling in a t-shirt in front of a few hundred people in TNA?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Bray Waytt is overrated. The guy is a pain to watch and his promos are stale.

Jester252 wrote: »
    Bray Waytt is overrated. The guy is a pain to watch and his promos are stale.

Oh god yes. His promos are actually above average, but his ring work is probably below average and to me he is a prime example of how if the WWE tells you enough times to care about someone people normally do.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »
    Want to hit Rikishi with a car after missing Jimmy and Naomi's wedding

He did have a last minute appearance to make somewhere else, I guess you could say he did it for the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

AJ Lee is so over-rated....there, I said it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh god yes. His promos are actually above average, but his ring work is probably below average and to me he is a prime example of how if the WWE tells you enough times to care about someone people normally do.

He reminds me of Attitude Era stable guys, who had a good gimmick and average in ring skills, I like the Wyatts though

krudler wrote: »
    He reminds me of Attitude Era stable guys, who had a good gimmick and average in ring skills, I like the Wyatts though

I honestly think average would be doing Bray's in-ring skills a favour though. He is well below average.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I honestly think average would be doing Bray's in-ring skills a favour though. He is well below average.

Bollox. I hate people who have never seen him wrestle outside of a Raw/Smackdown/PPV say that. Look at his matches in NXT and then come back to me and say he is average. I have no problem with people not liking him but saying he is well below average in the ring is a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Cesaro needs to lose the rugby leg thingys and crack back out the beret again.

Maybe "European" it up a bit more.

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Bollox. I hate people who have never seen him wrestle outside of a Raw/Smackdown/PPV say that. Look at his matches in NXT and then come back to me and say he is average. I have no problem with people not liking him but saying he is well below average in the ring is a lie.
    It's actually true, but maybe if you say it more aggressively it may become a lie. Need to try harder.

Advertisement