Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Didn't he leave because he felt he'd hit a brick wall though?

He thought he could be in a better position (and he could) so he asked Johnny ace for a release and e got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

He thought he could be in a better position (and he could) so he asked Johnny ace for a release and e got it.

So he felt he'd hit a brick wall in terms of advancement in WWE then? :P Or, more specifically, that he'd hit a glass ceiling I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

So he felt he'd hit a brick wall in terms of advancement in WWE then? :P Or, more specifically, that he'd hit a glass ceiling I suppose.

He felt that he hit a brick wall unlike the other who did hit a brick wall

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I loved MVPs run as US champion and they absolutely killed him with a ridiculous losing streak.

Ball dropped big time by WWE. He had what it took to be a top guy imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I always rated Carlito and I always thought he was unfairly tarred with the lazy brush. I think this year's HOF summed up why they didn't like him; the fact that he couldn't give a **** about authority and politics. That's what really killed him rather than "laziness".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't like The Shield as babyfaces. I just can't get into the idea that I should care about these guys getting the sh*t kicked out of them at a numbers disadvantage when this is exactly what they have done to everyone on the roster since their debut.

Ambrose isn't suited to a babyface role in my opinion; Reigns is suited to it but they are making it so obvious that he is being groomed to be the next main event star that it is turning me against him; Rollins is the only one I find I can accept as a babyface, although I liked him in NXT as a babyface so that may be a factor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't like The Shield as babyfaces. I just can't get into the idea that I should care about these guys getting the sh*t kicked out of them at a numbers disadvantage when this is exactly what they have done to everyone on the roster since their debut.

Ambrose isn't suited to a babyface role in my opinion; Reigns is suited to it but they are making it so obvious that he is being groomed to be the next main event star that it is turning me against him; Rollins is the only one I find I can accept as a babyface, although I liked him in NXT as a babyface so that may be a factor there.

Ambrose won't be face for long IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Reigns could leave and join Evolution as Ambrose is the obvious choice to leave and turn heel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Reigns could leave and join Evolution as Ambrose is the obvious choice to leave and turn heel

obvious doesn't mean bad

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

obvious doesn't mean bad

True but Reigns would be more of a shock I think and I would like to see Ambrose with Heyman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Ambrose doesn't need a mouthpiece though. He's very good on the mic on his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Ambrose is not a Paul Heyman guy tbh. Would love to see him mature into a main event Jake Roberts type; evil bas**rd who is a very credible threat to the babyface champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ambrose is defo the one turning heel. Hopefully not to join Evolution though because it wouldn't suit his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CSF wrote: »
    Ambrose is defo the one turning heel. Hopefully not to join Evolution though because it wouldn't suit his character.

Couldn't agree more. Ambrose is at his best when he is a lunatic. Evolution would be the exact opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

On a related note, I'm actually starting to tire of Reigns. Rollins has broken through a bit, but feels increasingly like The Shield were only kept going as to leave Reigns cooking a bit longer, and as consequence, feels a bit 'Super Roman......and others'.

I quite liked Renee Young as an interviewer on RAW but her commentary on NXT makes me wish terrible things would happen to her. I just find her infuriatingly smug and superior which I'd be fine with if she didn't seem to be trying to be a face and she has an irritating habit of talking over her fellow announcers.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

I quite liked Renee Young as an interviewer on RAW but her commentary on NXT makes me wish terrible things would happen to her. I just find her infuriatingly smug and superior which I'd be fine with if she didn't seem to be trying to be a face and she has an irritating habit of talking over her fellow announcers.

never speak ill if the beauty Renee , but ya I kinda agree

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Also she kind of betrays her gender:
    Worst: Seriously, Cut It Out, Renee

Renee’s explanation of why Sasha continues to be okay with Charlotte is a great example of why Renee should not be doing color on women’s matches. I don’t know what Jeff Dunham Facebook fan page she clicked “like” on to get her material, but if I never again heard her break out chestnuts like “THERE’S JUST SOMETHING IN A WOMAN’S BRAIN THAT LETS HER PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT SHE REMEMBERS” it’d be too soon.

http://uproxx.com/sports/2014/05/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-nxt-52214-goodbye-yellow-brick-bod/3/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

That's actually a hilarious line imo, promote the woman. :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The whole Bryan, Brie, Stephanie thing is really putting me off watching Raw, the entire storyline just makes me want to change the channel. Bryan should have been stripped of the title once he was injured, it's kinda pathetic to see where the story has gone

• Advertisement

It's done him no favours alright and neither did the segment last night imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They're just stalling. He may be ready for MITB, he may not, so they're not doing anything definite until they know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Once he started working with Kane, he was always going to lose some steam sadly.:(

I would doubt that he is drawing any money against Kane so I don't understand why WWE would risk rushing him back, his chasing the title that he never lost after a tourney would generate a lot more interest than another yawn match with Kane

Only getting to watch NXT Takeover now (I know, I know, give me a break, I'm in the middle of a move/new job).

Anyway, I still like The Ascension and they're doing really well with a gimmick that could easily sink like a stone. I think they'd be worth a run on the main roster as a team who go after heels and faces indiscriminately, sorta like an old school update (oxymoron alert) on the APA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

While watching the opener of takeover I realised how ridiculous the whole concept of wrestling is.....A South African man pretending to be English pretend fighting a Mexican gangster, under the apprehension that they dislike each other when in reality they are prob really friendly, while the crowd who know that they are not really hitting each other and are probably friendly go along with it.

I suppose that can be said for any drama but with wrestling it just seems like a weird and wonderful concept

I would doubt that he is drawing any money against Kane so I don't understand why WWE would risk rushing him back, his chasing the title that he never lost after a tourney would generate a lot more interest than another yawn match with Kane

The only problem is they've done the 'wronged babyface chasing the title' to death.

Not that thats stopped them before.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The only problem is they've done the 'wronged babyface chasing the title' to death.

Not that thats stopped them before.

It is booking 101 though, no point in changing what isn't broken.

Also they could have put a twist on it and done the reverse of Shawn vs Razor from WM 10.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sirsok wrote: »
    While watching the opener of takeover I realised how ridiculous the whole concept of wrestling is.....A South African man pretending to be English pretend fighting a Mexican gangster, under the apprehension that they dislike each other when in reality they are prob really friendly, while the crowd who know that they are not really hitting each other and are probably friendly go along with it.

I suppose that can be said for any drama but with wrestling it just seems like a weird and wonderful concept

Thats is not Mexican :pac:

• Advertisement

Genuinely not sure if this is unpopular or not but I've been decidedly underwhelmed by Paige since she won the title. She's young and promising obviously but right now she's more indicative of the lack of depth in the Divas division than a saviour for it.

Advertisement