Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    The Rock-Triple H feud was way better than the Rock-Austin feud.

I agree, but would say the Triple H/Mankind feud was better than them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Unpopular opinion:

The Undertaker gimmick is stupid in this day and age... and has been for quite some time.
    Don't get me wrong, I was a massive fan of the taker growing up (what wrestling fan wasn't :p ) but in recent years WWE has shifted from 'far feteched gimmicks' to reality based. Sure the gimmicks might still be over the top. Larger as life as they say. But reality based.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Dean Ambrose is great in the ring and has a presence. BUT, on the mic he is like a poor man's Mick Foley, Pillman and Raven rolled into one, it comes across as corny and unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Unpopular opinion:

The Undertaker gimmick is stupid in this day and age... and has been for quite some time.
    Don't get me wrong, I was a massive fan of the taker growing up (what wrestling fan wasn't :p ) but in recent years WWE has shifted from 'far feteched gimmicks' to reality based. Sure the gimmicks might still be over the top. Larger as life as they say. But reality based.

Biker Taker/American Bad Ass was a delightful and refreshing renaissance in his career in my opinion. Big Evil was just epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Dean Ambrose is great in the ring and has a presence. BUT, on the mic he is like a poor man's Mick Foley, Pillman and Raven rolled into one, it comes across as corny and unbelievable.

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

I myself find Ambrose cringeworthy on the mic and even worse in ring

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Omackeral wrote: »
    Biker Taker/American Bad Ass was a delightful and refreshing renaissance in his career in my opinion. Big Evil was just epic.

In fairness to WWE and the taker. He did try to update himself. I remember reading the bad ass deal flopped tho. Don't know why tho. It was cool.

Maybe it was done at the wrong time? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

In fairness to WWE and the taker. He did try to update himself. I remember reading the bad ass deal flopped tho. Don't know why tho. It was cool.

Maybe it was done at the wrong time? :confused:

I didn't like it because it simply didn't make any sense to me, even in wrestling context. All those years of the deadman gimmick (urn, Paul Bearer, Kane, Mankind, casket matches, buried alive matches, yada yada yada) just made it absurd to pretty much see a zombie on a motorbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

orestes wrote: »
    just made it absurd to pretty much see a zombie on a motorbike.
    not to mention usling Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock as entrance music

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Nope.

Haha, thought I might get a bit of flack for having a differing opinion on the internet's new darling boy. Don't get me wrong, really talented star, but his character at the moment is absurd and not even remotely believable. His delivery comes across as more comedic than a guy who is a loose canon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Ambrose's promo on rearranging Seth Rollins face not only sounded stupid but made no sense when you consider how infrequent facial bruising is in the business. I think JR made the point in his podcast, how can we suspend disbelief when a huge guy stands on the second rope, delivering up to 10 punches to their opponent and the victim stumbles out without a mark on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I thought D'Lo Brown had a better Frog Splash than Eddie Guerrero and RVD I was pissed when he was left out of the Frog Splash feud they had on RAW

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The realisation that I'll almost certainly know Punk is returning long before he does hurts a bit. Makes me question whether WWE online browsing/posting actually benefits me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I thought D'Lo Brown had a better Frog Splash than Eddie Guerrero and RVD I was pissed when he was left out of the Frog Splash feud they had on RAW

Dlo was amazing for anything aerial. I reckon he'd have been the Dolph Ziggler of today, ie. the guy large amounts of us internet fans feel doesn't get anywhere near the push he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CSF wrote: »
    The realisation that I'll almost certainly know Punk is returning long before he does hurts a bit. Makes me question whether WWE online browsing/posting actually benefits me at all.

Based on those pictures the other day, I doubt he has any plans of a return in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CSF wrote: »
    Dlo was amazing for anything aerial.

What did he do besides a frog splash?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

jaykhunter wrote: »

He tossed his head from side to side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I think he did a leg drop thing off the top didn't he?

I think he did a leg drop thing off the top didn't he?

That was a double finger-wag and leg drop from the canvas :p

That was a double finger-wag and leg drop from the canvas :p

His finisher was called sky high.... :/

• Advertisement

His finisher was called sky high.... :/

Then his opponent was aerial!!

Then his opponent was aerial!!

We're clutching at straws here I know.

Did he also do a spinning reverse crescent kick kinda thing where he did a wee jump?

Sometimes he posed on the second rope if that counts :pac:

Don't know if this would be unpopular at all but Ron Simmons did the best spine buster ever

smilerf wrote: »
    Don't know if this would be unpopular at all but Ron Simmons did the best spine buster ever

You're mad.

Well I suppose it's really how you like it done. I prefer picking em up and pushing down in the follow through not following them down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Heres one for ye Heyman isn't as good as he's made out to be

I think he's fantastic when he's the centrepiece of a main event storyline with a guy the likes of Lesnar or Punk but anytime he's been put with someone lower down the card he's failed

Ryback, Curtis Axel and now I fear Cesaro may be going the same way although i hope not

I always preferred D-lo's frog splash over others

I think he's fantastic when he's the centrepiece of a main event storyline with a guy the likes of Lesnar or Punk but anytime he's been put with someone lower down the card he's failed

Ryback, Curtis Axel and now I fear Cesaro may be going the same way although i hope not

I'd be of the opinion that he is excellent on the mic, but highly overrated as a booker. He's a great booker when he has others around him booking the undercard ala "Smackdown Six" days. But as a sole booker he's borderline awful, whilst the original ECW had a great vision and some great angles, people seem to romanticize it and conveniently ignore some of the tripe that was booked in the original ECW.

• Advertisement

The problem is he overshadows them. He's meant to elevate the guy, but instead they are pushed to the side.

It doesn't matter with Lesnar, he has that aura. He's the lion, and Heyman is the lion tamer. The tamer does the talking, but the lion still scares the jaysus out of you.

Advertisement