Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Heyman is only as good as what he is given to work with. If they give him crap, he can only do so much. Outside of Lesnar, they never really give him much.

On a related note, I don't think Cesaro even needed Heyman and the pairing has dragged him down. A few months ago he was looking like a breakout star for the second half of 2014, now he is pretty close to being just another guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I really like Jack Swagger and think his Rusev feud should stretch on to Summerslam with him being the one to take down Rusev for America after a Rusev heel win at Battleground.

I don't think Rusev belongs at the top of the card anyway so there's no need for Cena or Reigns to be an American hero and do the job.

With the heel side of things currently being very packed at present towards the top of the card, Orton, Rollins, HHH, Wyatt, Cesaro, Barrett, Kane there is probably a place for Swagger/Colter's We The People thing to have a decent face run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

WWE has gotten so bad, politics, poor wrestling, politics, chidish gimmicks, politics, breaking kayfabe, politics, trying to hard to be mainstream when it is not ****ing necessary, politics and more ****ing politics that i am actually glad to be off the stuff the last 6 months, it's simply cringeworthy and upsetting to even try and get invested in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE has gotten so bad, politics, poor wrestling, politics, chidish gimmicks, politics, breaking kayfabe, politics, trying to hard to be mainstream when it is not ****ing necessary, politics and more ****ing politics that i am actually glad to be off the stuff the last 6 months, it's simply cringeworthy and upsetting to even try and get invested in it.

There was far more politics in the Attitude Era.

Really enjoy WWE currently the storylines can be disappointing and there's simply too much programming but it is a lot of young exciting guys getting strong pushes (big change from the "glass cleaning" craic of 10 years ago) and having some really good matches.

I remember how horrible this time period was:
    WWE The Great American Bash 2004
    WWE Championship Bull Rope Match:
    Eddie Guerrero vs. John Bradshaw Layfield WWE Cruiserweight Title:
    Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero
    The Undertaker vs. The Dudley Boyz
    Mordecai vs. Hardcore Holly Kenzo Suzuki vs. Billy Gunn
    Torrie Wilson vs. Sable
    Luther Reins vs. Charlie Haas
    US Title Four Way: John Cena vs. Booker T. vs. Rene Dupree vs. Rob Van Dam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am also a fan of Jack Swagger, but he tends to mess up whenever they decide to push him. If Swagger was not caught with possession of Marijuana, he would of won WHC at WrestleMania 29.

• Advertisement

mxph3 wrote: »
    I am also a fan of Jack Swagger, but he tends to mess up whenever they decide to push him. If Swagger was not caught with possession of Marijuana, he would of won WHC at WrestleMania 29.

I just think it's the natural conclusion to the Rusev war on America.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I dislike all talk of Brock Lesnar's 'dates' and the likes. It ruins all suprise. The night after mania when he came back I nearly lost my s*it. That gets harder and harder when people are speculating non stop and digging for the dates of his appearances and counting them. On a related note, the fact the SummerSlam poster is so freely available and discussed is another pet peeve. Yes, I know it's my own fault for being on the net etc but it's very spoilerish and I always do my best to avoid spoilers.

Ah, that felt good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    I dislike all talk of Brock Lesnar's 'dates' and the likes. It ruins all suprise. The night after mania when he came back I nearly lost my s*it. That gets harder and harder when people are speculating non stop and digging for the dates of his appearances and counting them. On a related note, the fact the SummerSlam poster is so freely available and discussed is another pet peeve. Yes, I know it's my own fault for being on the net etc but it's very spoilerish and I always do my best to avoid spoilers.

Ah, that felt good :)

Thats not entirely true ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The Internet needs to get over its Bray Wyatt circlt jerk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jester252 wrote: »
    The Internet needs to get over its Bray Wyatt circlt jerk

I get it, you don't like him.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »

Me either!!!

Moneymaker wrote: »

I also don't like how the Internet where sh!ting on battleground because bray lost.

I also don't like how the Internet where sh!ting on battleground because bray lost.

Battleground was ****, Bray v Jericho at Summerslam will be ****. Everybody wins.

CSF wrote: »
    Battleground was ****, Bray v Jericho at Summerslam will be ****. Everybody wins.

Let be honest there is much bigger sticks to bash Battleground than bray losing to jericho

Let be honest there is much bigger sticks to bash Battleground than bray losing to jericho

Haven't heard anyone complain about that myself.

Bray has not been booked very strong for a main eventer, this isn't a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

CSF wrote: »
    Ehh it was a very sloppy match. They have time to work on that on the road to Summerslam, won't be sh!t that's for sure
    I agree completely. In fact, I'm kinda glad Bray lost to Jericho. I said the same on the podcast, Jericho needs some wins in the feud to look strong, as long as Bray batters him at SS I'll be a happy man.

But the funny thing is there are what, 4 posters on here who don't like Wyatt? Clearly not a circle-jerk if almost everyone is involved in it. I think everyone has wrestlers they don't like for different reasons (am not a big Sandow fan for instance, never got over excited by him) but that doesn't make it a "circle-jerk" it just means others like him for what he is- a young man who has some promise in the ring and amazing mic work as well as a great gimmick. Nothing wrong with supporting him.

Stephanie looks horrible these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

ya not as hot as she once was, it's something to do with her nose or is she just a bit too skinny around the face looks gaunt she needs a bit of plump

Im hating all the 9.99 jokes at this stage. I think Im the only 1

beakerjoe wrote: »

More annoying then the actual plugging almost!

The signs in the crowd should be some craic on RAW and from now on though.

And yes, i'm more guilty then most I know. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I still find them amusing as I think WWE are making fun of themselves with all the references they make.

But I am sure it will wear thin soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I got 9.99 problems and this joke ain't one.

I got 9.99 problems and this joke ain't one.

Ok I liked that one :rolleyes:

She's almost 40, 3 kids.

You still would, admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yep you can't discard the sprogs and her age. She certainly isn't at her worst atm. In truth she probably deserves extra MILF points comparable to the divas’ crew.

Stephanie would still GITTT THISS!!!!

borat-110907.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

She has evolved from the ultimate daddys little girl to the ultimate milf over the last 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

There's no question, she'd get IT! She's hotter than most the divas

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I think Jack Swagger has more charisma than Randy Orton

I think Jack Swagger has more charisma than Randy Orton

Randy Orton is horribly underrated in these parts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

She really, really doesn't.

Advertisement