Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CSF wrote: »
    Randy Orton is horribly underrated in these parts

Been impressed with Orton this year. He's put in good performance after good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

John Cena should never turn heel. Ever.

A lot of the IWC want to see him turn just so they can cheer him. It could be argued that Cena is already a heel by being so cleancut and unphasable. Sure, he's a merchandise machine for the WWE, but he's some guy when it comes to the charity work - how many Make A Wishes has he done now?

Not to say that if he turned, he'd turn a blind eye to charitable work, but would kids actually want him if he turned.

Plus, as a face, Cena has consistently been in great matches. I know about the 5 moves of doom etc, but night in, night out, he puts on great performances. Guess you could say, i've become a Cena fan!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I know about the 5 moves of doom etc

**** that noise from the nerds. I wonder if the people cheering Lesnar stopped to note the irony that he beat Cena in an exciting match with basically two moves :pac:

Creatures do things out of habit. Certain fans are the way they are I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I honestly don't know how a lot of the people on here can watch something that they seem to not just enjoy, but which seems to legitimitely p!ss them off so much, all of the time, cos they just don't want whatever it is that WWE are doing, purely because it's WWE doing it.

Internet wrestling fans for the last ten years:

Cena sucks and never puts anyone over, get him off the title, bring in more new talent, utilise the younger guys, bring in guys from the indies, HHH buries everybody, yada yada yada.

Internet wrestling fans today:

You're doing everything we wanted, but you're doing it wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

orestes wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how a lot of the people on here can watch something that they seem to not just enjoy, but which seems to legitimitely p!ss them off so much, all of the time, cos they just don't want whatever it is that WWE are doing, purely because it's WWE doing it.

Internet wrestling fans for the last ten years:

Cena sucks and never puts anyone over, get him off the title, bring in more new talent, utilise the younger guys, bring in guys from the indies, HHH buries everybody, yada yada yada.

Internet wrestling fans today:

You're doing everything we wanted, but you're doing it wrong!

It's almost like the internet isn't just one person's opinion :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I agree with GnR, but sure you'll always get someone complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's almost like the internet isn't just one person's opinion :eek:

Orestes is right to a degree that there are a lot of comments online like those he mentioned. But you can also find people on wrestlingforums saying Mark Henry has five star matches so yeah, swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    John Cena should never turn heel. Ever.

A lot of the IWC want to see him turn just so they can cheer him. It could be argued that Cena is already a heel by being so cleancut and unphasable. Sure, he's a merchandise machine for the WWE, but he's some guy when it comes to the charity work - how many Make A Wishes has he done now?

Not to say that if he turned, he'd turn a blind eye to charitable work, but would kids actually want him if he turned.

Plus, as a face, Cena has consistently been in great matches. I know about the 5 moves of doom etc, but night in, night out, he puts on great performances. Guess you could say, i've become a Cena fan!:pac:

There's no denying Cena has knocked it out of the park many, many times when it comes to big match performances. Personally I've no issue with John Cena the guy, or a lot of what he does in ring. His punches still look pathetic after over a decade in the business, he still applies zero pressure to his awful submission move but when he wants to he can have some brilliant matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I think I read somewhere that the lack of pressure on the STF was because kids would naturally emulate John, and strangling as it were could be fatal. If I didn't read that somewhere, it makes sense anyway. I seem to remember Cena almost popping veins applying the move on Umanga during that excellent Royal Rumble match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't know a single person who watches Impact that enjoys it though. Lots of LOLTNA sentiment but at the same time to devote so much time and effort to slating it is a bit crazy. That ties in a lot with what orestes is saying.

There's a lot of self-hate when it comes to a silly interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Orestes is right to a degree that there are a lot of comments online like those he mentioned. But you can also find people on wrestlingforums saying Mark Henry has five star matches so yeah, swings and roundabouts.

Yep no such thing as a IWC anymore there are so many differing opinions now just check out these two forums prowrestlingonly.com and z11.invisionfree.com/wrestling_ko could see some lads on here laughing their heads off at what they like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WKO is like two people these days in fairness.

I know PWO. Hadn't heard of the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Unpopular opinion: only mentals watch Impact

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Get the WWE Network. Its whats best for business .......................................... Ohhh its just $9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Dean Ambrose is the top face now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

max life wrote: »
    Dean Ambrose is the top face now!

I don't think that's unpopular. I'm inclined to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Reebrock wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that the lack of pressure on the STF was because kids would naturally emulate John, and strangling as it were could be fatal. If I didn't read that somewhere, it makes sense anyway. I seem to remember Cena almost popping veins applying the move on Umanga during that excellent Royal Rumble match.

I don't doubt that you read that, but it's absolute bollocks if that was said (especially by Cena). Punching someone ten times in the corner can be fatal, trying a hiptoss or suplex without someone posting off your leg can be fatal, I nearly beheaded someone on my first day's training with a leg drop. EVERYTHING wrestlers do can hurt if done by untrained people. Using that as an excuse for a weak-looking move is a pretty pathetic excuse tbh.

Children probably shouldn't be watching wrestling either way. If boxing or MMA was marketed to kids like WWE is there'd be issues but they get away with it.

With legit sports like rugby children are discouraged from performing full contact tackles and instead play tag rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sure it has been said before but Daniel Bryan's look is a bit facical. Looking at The Shield documentary on The Network it really stands out that in terms of "look" and image The Shield and countless others in the WWE are light years against the hobo-like Bryan.

The guy is five star in the ring but I often can't get over the above issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Sure it has been said before but Daniel Bryan's look is a bit facical. Looking at The Shield documentary on The Network it really stands out that in terms of "look" and image The Shield and countless others in the WWE are light years against the hobo-like Bryan.

There's nothing wrong with having a different look. It works for him.

For me, Cena's look is the worst of all, but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ShagNastii wrote: »

Yeah the beard needs to either go or get a serious trim

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Heath Slater should be pushed to main event Wrestlemania and beat Lesnar for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Heath Slater Big Clem Layfield should be pushed to main event Wrestlemania and beat Lesnar for the title.

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just shows how wrestling moves on the most unpopular move in wrestling was taker losing the streak but when followed up with demolishing cena it now seems like an amazing move. With everybody speculating who can stop him and it now seems as if it's the ultimate push to beat brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Just shows how wrestling moves on the most unpopular move in wrestling was taker losing the streak but when followed up with demolishing cena it now seems like an amazing move. With everybody speculating who can stop him and it now seems as if it's the ultimate push to beat brock.

I was delighted when the streak ended... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ryback should be given another push because ryback rulez !

ricero wrote: »
    Ryback should be given another push because ryback rulez !
    Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

YES! YES! YES!

#TeamRyback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I thought Ryback was on the cusp there at one point then they stupidly turn him heel

Advertisement