Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I also never enjoyed any of the Undertaker's gimmicks that weren't the dead man. The Ministry will forever be his peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

eass82 wrote: »
    I really dont get the fuss about the Undertakers overall career....

I mean, he was huge when I was a kid and he was putting people in body bags after matches it scared the crap outta me - as he was and his move set back then was all good. He had one of the most eerie and appropriate managers ever too.

But all the reinventions - other wrestlers, ok, but UT did not need such stark reinvention. The whole American badass thing made me wana puke.

If he has stayed closer to his original self and retained the 'fear factor' that could be maintained in a pre-twitter era he could have been amongst best of all time.

But it made me genuinely happy when the streak was broken to bury the myth of the Undertaker, mk 12 or whatever version we were on.

He is among the best of all time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Amongst the very best in fact. Definitely in the top 5 of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Completely overrated. Liked Taker/Bearer/Kane in the AE. Preferred the American Badass to anything he's done in the last 10 years.

No interest in seeing him or Sting ever again.

Easily surpassed by Austin, Hogan, Rock, Flair and I'd put about 10 others in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

Completely overrated. Liked Taker/Bearer/Kane in the AE. Preferred the American Badass to anything he's done in the last 10 years.

No interest in seeing him or Sting ever again.

Easily surpassed by Austin, Hogan, Rock, Flair and I'd put about 10 others in front of him.

i couldn't agree more about sting i really can't see what sting is going to bring apart from merchandice sales. im not criticizing him as a wrestler but after such a long career he is slow and not able to move round the ring like he could in his prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Ciano 3:16 poster was good the first time. In fact it was very good in that it got into the main graphic the next night on Raw etc.

But it's been sad every subsequent time it's been done.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Ciano 3:16 poster was good the first time. In fact it was very good in that it got into the main graphic the next night on Raw etc.

WM31 Omackeral Vs Ciano316 poster on a pole match.... BOOK IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Omackeral wrote: »

What's sad about it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Loughc wrote: »
    WM31 Omackeral Vs Ciano316 poster on a pole match.... BOOK IT!

Imagine the video package.... I'm thinking the slow build like the Austin / Rock Limp Bizkit one... Possibly Linkin Park's A Place for My Head playing over the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sami Zayns looks is pretty crap. The guy is in decent shape but the boots and the rest of his attire scream indie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I want The Miz and Damien Mizdow to have tag team championship run, they are such a good duo together and they are far more interesting than any other tag team on main roster right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

mxph3 wrote: »
    I want The Miz and Damien Mizdow to have tag team championship run, they are such a good duo together and they are far more interesting than any other tag team on main roster right now.

They are teasing a split but I pray to god they get a few more months at least out the Miz and his stunt double it's freakin' hilarious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mizdow is stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Sting appearance didn't do much for me and I didn't even know it was coming. Read no spoilers or rumours. Took too long staring HHH down, walking to the ring instead of a blackout and appearing kinda was lame (I know they don't wanna do a drop down repel). Plus he looked a bit crap with his old man birds nest of hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I never thought Sting was that big of a deal to begin with. I just liked him in WCW because he wasn't Hulk Hogan and I couldn't understand what the hell Ric Flair was shouting about usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Sting v Vader is one of my favourite programmes of all time.

I thought Vader was way better than some of the other big men that got main event runs later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Was never a big Sting guy, but loved how they handled his debut. It's rare these days that you feel like something big and game-changing is happening, and I think WWE handed it inch perfectly.

While I wasn't around for his peak, as a kid and still to this day, Vader never caught on with me. Always just saw him as just a fat guy and his mask always bothered me. Like if you're gonna try cover your face, do a better job! (I was a cynical smart arse even as a kid)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

leggo wrote: »
    Was never a big Sting guy, but loved how they handled his debut. It's rare these days that you feel like something big and game-changing is happening, and I think WWE handed it inch perfectly.

While I wasn't around for his peak, as a kid and still to this day, Vader never caught on with me. Always just saw him as just a fat guy and his mask always bothered me. Like if you're gonna try cover your face, do a better job! (I was a cynical smart arse even as a kid)
    I never imagined you being any other way Leggo :P

If you're going to name yourself after a toy, at least call yourself Hasbro or something cool. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I think the Sting debut just took a dump over the existing full-time talent. None of the day to day guys can stop HHH but his plots are ruined by a pudgy old man... Dolph Ziggler's potential breakout moment was about Sting and HHH - all that is wrong with pro wrestling today in a snapshot...

Then the following night you have Sting not even turning up on Raw, so it's as if they're talking to no one. "He was standing right there, honest!" kind of a buzz. Send Sting to NXT there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jeremy borash makes heel Michael cole sound like JR. Borash sucks or is this popular perhaps ?

I think wrestling was better when it moved at a slower pace in the ring. Maybe that's popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I think the Sting debut just took a dump over the existing full-time talent. None of the day to day guys can stop HHH but his plots are ruined by a pudgy old man... Dolph Ziggler's potential breakout moment was about Sting and HHH - all that is wrong with pro wrestling today in a snapshot...

You could apply that to a lot of things but I don't think it's fair for this one.

Ziggler blatantly won the match by himself fair and square 2-3 times at that point, Sting just made the save to undo the interference and general cheating at the finish.

I myself made the point earlier about how Bryan couldn't stop HHH, Shield couldn't stop HHH (despite both getting the in-ring victories), but for his final (hah!) defeat - I'm damn glad that moment went to Sting and not Cena as usual like I expected (even if he is obviously a bit past it).

Fair enough he did steal a bit of the spotlight but Ziggler still looked a million bucks, he was channeling one of HBKs classic SS comebacks the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Anyone who doesn't think Ziggler came out of that looking like a star needs their head examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

They equally killed Ziggler's buzz by having Cena come back out after the match to celebrate with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

the divas storyline is crap, with no depth beyond "women are bitchy lol"

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't think Ziggler came out of that looking like a star needs their head examined.

Yeah but they need to find new obstacles for him to overcome. A loss to Rollins or someone in the near future would end everything. The Big Show would be perfect.

• Advertisement

the divas storyline is crap, with no depth beyond "women are bitchy lol"

Why waste storylines on below-par characters like the Bellas? The only 2 worth worrying about are AJ and Paige and AJ is getting the a Punk backlash.

I'm sure it's gonna be face Paige taking the title from Nikki Bella at Wrestlemania and I'm sure for that they'll up their game a bit to get her over as the top diva face for the year to come.

Advertisement