Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Breakfast in Dublin City Centre?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Currently sitting in the Capuccino Bar in Temple Bar. Opposite Urban Outfitters. Using their free WiFi while I wait for my all day breakfast. Its usually pretty OK. €8.95 but made to order.

Will update on quality in 20 minutes.

Edit: Tasty, but not 100% sure is was cooked to order.

Fried egg, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, tomato, black and white pudding, mushrooms, hash brown & beans. 2 slices of toast and a mug of decent coffee included.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I will be working beside Tara st. Station for a few days and wondering where ye recommend for a fry up? Will be fairly tight for time so somewhere close by is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Currently sitting in the Capuccino Bar in Temple Bar. Opposite Urban Outfitters. Using their free WiFi while I wait for my all day breakfast. Its usually pretty OK. €8.95 but made to order.

Will update on quality in 20 minutes.

Edit: Tasty, but not 100% sure is was cooked to order.

Fried egg, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, tomato, black and white pudding, mushrooms, hash brown & beans. 2 slices of toast and a mug of decent coffee included.

That sounds decent value especially as wifi and tea are included - must try this place

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

yabadabado wrote: »
    I will be working beside Tara st. Station for a few days and wondering where ye recommend for a fry up? Will be fairly tight for time so somewhere close by is a must.
    Eddie Rockets on O Connells street is nice but pricey, not great choice around there alright.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Gerry's on Montague Lane (a road between Wexford / Camden St) does a super breakfast.

Just has a fry in Gerry's as was in the mood. Nice enough place and Gerry himself was there but would not go back. At €8.50 it was good value but just not that tasty. Only allow myself a full Irish once a month to try and be healthy but will deffo try somewhere else next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Easily Brendans off chancery st (near the fruit market). Its easily the best breakfast ive ever had, Proper greasy spoon stuff. Ive been to a few of the places above and while they are good, none hold a candle to Brendans. Its a bit of a dingy place but the breakfast is awesome.

Big thick rashers, jumbo sausages, fried egg, mushrooms, delicious black pudding, beans and buttery batch toast. all for about 8 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Easily Brendans off chancery st (near the fruit market). Its easily the best breakfast ive ever had, Proper greasy spoon stuff. Ive been to a few of the places above and while they are good, none hold a candle to Brendans. Its a bit of a dingy place but the breakfast is awesome.

Big thick rashers, jumbo sausages, fried egg, mushrooms, delicious black pudding, beans and buttery batch toast. all for about 8 quid

Is that the one beside Fyffe's/Total Produce? Yeah, its a good spot but i used to love Paddy's place inside the actual market. Fried eggs were done by cracking an egg into the deep fat fryer.... proper order. By the time it hit the sausages in the basket it was cooked.
    But for now, its all about Noshington's on SCR. But the local in Harolds Cross, the Black Apple, does a good one too. The veggie brekkie with sausages and pudding would satisfy a medium sized rhino. The homemade potato cake is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

yabadabado wrote: »

Del Rio's opposite Abbey Theatre is ideal for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Kilkenny Design on Nassua st...huge 5 item breakfats with tea and toast for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

beakerjoe wrote: »

Can't find this place!
    Can someone throw up a google map street view please!
    Really want to try it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭joanas

the address for Brendan's is actually 11 Mary's lane, Dublin 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

joanas wrote: »
    the address for Brendan's is actually 11 Mary's lane, Dublin 7.

Excellent! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Don't forget them potato crisp things from brendans too. Might have to pop around again soon. Proper mug of tea too

Advertisement