Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Piercing & Snakebite Q's.

• 17-06-2012 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Heya, I'm planing on getting my tongue pierced tomorrow, as i've been post-poning it for a few days now. I was planing on getting it done at Snakebite, since i've read so many great reviews and how great Rob is as a piercer and professional... but I just read their page and it says he's going (so has) to leave Ireland March 2012... did he go through with it? Cause if so, then i'd like to know if you guys still reccomend getting it done there. All the reviews I read mentioned specifically his name so i'm a little unsure now.

Also, I was told by a piercer at my local mall to eat before getting my tonguepierced. Is that good advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I was in Snakebite last week and Rob was still there. Maybe he's postponed his leaving?

However, Steve is also a great piercer and really knows his stuff so even if Rob wasn't there, I reckon you'd be in safe hands with Steve. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I've always gone to Steve there, I'd highly recommend him if Rob is not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

I got mine done, along with some other piercings, by Marc in Reinkarnated in temple bar. I would highly recommend him :) He's professional and an excellent piercer. As much as I love piercings, I get very nervous but he never fails to keep me calm.

I would suggest you eat something before hand, something high in sugar if you tend to faint or get light headed.

And stop post-poning! :D It doesn't hurt a bit and you'll love it when you have it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me ^.^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...how great Rob is as a piercer and professional... but I just read their page and it says he's going (so has) to leave Ireland March 2012...

That'd be Robert, the tattoo artist, not Rob the piercer. (Who AFAIK owns Snakebite, so I don't see him leaving...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Thanks everybody for the great and quick replies :D. Just hoping I dont end up having a "3rd vein". Already tried to check for myself in the mirror but what can I say... :rolleyes:

Natasha_95 wrote: »
    And stop post-poning! :D It doesn't hurt a bit and you'll love it when you have it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me ^.^

Haha, believe it or not i'm not the one post-poning it. My sister insisted she wanted to come since she wants to go to an Indian bouffet, but keeps sleeping in. Since you were kind enough to volunteer to answer more questions, do you know if you can ask where you want it to be? I've seen some almost at the tip of the tongue and that looks so awkward (and not that nice). I want mine to be visible when I say certain words, but don't want it to be at the tip!

• Advertisement

Woot I got it done today at snakebite :D. So far, not regretting it at all!
    I have to say, at first I was skeptic, the place kinda looked a tiny bit shady, and as I was walking up the stairs I had a weird feeling about it. Once I got there, I had to wait to talk to the guys at the counter. THere were 2 guys there, one of them who answered all my questions, and another who actually did the piercing. They were both so nice! Made you feel right at home and ease, and i'm not really familiar with tattoos or piercings so I was worried i'd feel like an outcast... but was I wrong. They were lovely, answered all my questions in great detail, explained why I couldnt eat certain foods, why I shouldnt be worried about a third vein, and many many other questions.

I wasn't nervous at all and I guess most of it is thanks to them. I remember him telling me that he'd use the (I forgot the name :o) to hold my tongue in place, and that if I felt like it would leave a bruise, to give him a gentle kick... so all of a sudden I started feeling a ripping unexpected pain like something was REALLY piercing through my tongue, so I started tapping on his arm like an idiot, only to be told it was actually him piercing my tongue. Did it hurt? Yes it did, i'm not as pain-tolerant as most of you guys! But my eyes watered not because of the pain... altho i've no idea why they did. It did hurt though, and I even let out an ouch. I bled a tiny tiny bit, almost unnoticeable. And then I remember telling him (idk if "telling" is the appropriate word haha) that instead of my tongue hurting now, I had an earache. Had it for about 2 hours, no pain on my tongue at all. After a few more hours, the bottom of my tongue got sore (still is) but the top is fine. I constantly feel like I have to take something out of my mouth though, it's so weird having something there!
    My tongue is prettyyy swollen right now, I talk like a drunk moron (altho it was WAY worse at first, all i did was murmur haha) but he told me it'd get worse tomorrow :D.

The only downside of my day, was that I finally tried the yummy ice creams at Burger King... got the strawberry cheesecake one... (I know I know, you're not supposed to eat sugars or dairy, but it was calling my name!) but what'dya know? I COULDNT EAT IT! I could sip on the liquid thing sure, but couldnt even bite ont he emasley thingies without bitting my piercing instead! Ended up giving it to my sister after like 4 tiny sorry spoons. Pfft.

Anyway, the reason why I posted such a long post was to hopefully give anyone who is unsure about getting a piercing done some more insight on it.

Did it hurt? Yes, it did, in my opinion it hurt more than biting down on your tongue REALLY hard, even though they and lots of people said it wouldnt (i'm such a weakling).

But it's honestly so worth it and although i'm happy I don't have to do it again, i'm even happier I got it done!

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Luke!

I have to say, at first I was skeptic, the place kinda looked a tiny bit shady, and as I was walking up the stairs I had a weird feeling about it. Once I got there, I had to wait to talk to the guys at the counter. THere were 2 guys there, one of them who answered all my questions, and another who actually did the piercing. They were both so nice! Made you feel right at home and ease, and i'm not really familiar with tattoos or piercings so I was worried i'd feel like an outcast... but was I wrong. They were lovely, answered all my questions in great detail, explained why I couldnt eat certain foods, why I shouldnt be worried about a third vein, and many many other questions.

I wasn't nervous at all and I guess most of it is thanks to them. I remember him telling me that he'd use the (I forgot the name :o) to hold my tongue in place, and that if I felt like it would leave a bruise, to give him a gentle kick... so all of a sudden I started feeling a ripping unexpected pain like something was REALLY piercing through my tongue, so I started tapping on his arm like an idiot, only to be told it was actually him piercing my tongue. Did it hurt? Yes it did, i'm not as pain-tolerant as most of you guys! But my eyes watered not because of the pain... altho i've no idea why they did. It did hurt though, and I even let out an ouch. I bled a tiny tiny bit, almost unnoticeable. And then I remember telling him (idk if "telling" is the appropriate word haha) that instead of my tongue hurting now, I had an earache. Had it for about 2 hours, no pain on my tongue at all. After a few more hours, the bottom of my tongue got sore (still is) but the top is fine. I constantly feel like I have to take something out of my mouth though, it's so weird having something there!
    My tongue is prettyyy swollen right now, I talk like a drunk moron (altho it was WAY worse at first, all i did was murmur haha) but he told me it'd get worse tomorrow :D.

The only downside of my day, was that I finally tried the yummy ice creams at Burger King... got the strawberry cheesecake one... (I know I know, you're not supposed to eat sugars or dairy, but it was calling my name!) but what'dya know? I COULDNT EAT IT! I could sip on the liquid thing sure, but couldnt even bite ont he emasley thingies without bitting my piercing instead! Ended up giving it to my sister after like 4 tiny sorry spoons. Pfft.

Anyway, the reason why I posted such a long post was to hopefully give anyone who is unsure about getting a piercing done some more insight on it.

Did it hurt? Yes, it did, in my opinion it hurt more than biting down on your tongue REALLY hard, even though they and lots of people said it wouldnt (i'm such a weakling).

But it's honestly so worth it and although i'm happy I don't have to do it again, i'm even happier I got it done!

Good luck.

Hey so I see you got your tongue pierced a couple weeks ago and I'm considering it myself I just want to know how has it healed?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Thanks everybody for the great and quick replies :D. Just hoping I dont end up having a "3rd vein". Already tried to check for myself in the mirror but what can I say... :rolleyes:

Natasha_95 wrote: »

Haha, believe it or not i'm not the one post-poning it. My sister insisted she wanted to come since she wants to go to an Indian bouffet, but keeps sleeping in. Since you were kind enough to volunteer to answer more questions, do you know if you can ask where you want it to be? I've seen some almost at the tip of the tongue and that looks so awkward (and not that nice). I want mine to be visible when I say certain words, but don't want it to be at the tip!

The Piercer will mark where it will be on your tongue. Bring a hand mirror with you to see if it's far enough back for you. Mine is far back, which is where my Piercer told me is the best, easiest and least painful place to have.it done. I will send you a picture of where it is if you like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mrTumaco

Good luck.

Hi, I want to get my tongue pierced is well in snakebite,i was wondering how much does it cost there?

mrTumaco wrote: »
    Hi, I want to get my tongue pierced is well in snakebite,i was wondering how much does it cost there?

I believe it cost me 50 euros, take or give a 5er. Please do NOT choose to go to a non reputable place due to better price tags, I almost did that and I am glad I changed my mind!

• Advertisement
Advertisement