Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to send foxes away

• 17-06-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

any idea how can i send the foxes away from my back garden? foxes visit my back garden every night, poo everywhere. Was seeing the fox family during the day as well, the little one ate a bird in my garden. All houses in my area have hedges as fence,so no way to block.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Try leaving a clear plastic bottle full of water in the garden. It sounds silly, but people tell me it works for cats and foxes. Just take the labels off a Ballygowan bottle, fill it with with water, put the lid back on, and put it on its side under the hedge. you might need more than one to do the job. Once the foxes stop considering your garden to be their territory, you can take the bottles up.
    If it was my garden, I'd be delighted to have the company of a family of foxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lll1981

mmmm,green bin just collected !thanks for your reply, will try your way: ) Baby at home,don't want dead birds in my garden, or get into my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Foxes will keep coming back if they can get in as your house is in their teritory and a well used part of it by the sounds of things. Are you in the country? Local gun club would help id imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

that bottle thing does not work, people say the same method for cats,dogs etc, its like one of them old wives tales.

Advertisement