Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone get their dog from a family in Cabra?

• 17-06-2012 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I ask because we got ours from a friend in Cabra when her dog had an unplanned litter. It's just a little terrier, looks a bit like a yorkie cross, but ours has a HUGE underbite. I'm curious if anyone else took puppies from this family (their dog, as I understand it, had a few accidental litters) and if you did, were there any underbites?

Just curious, lol!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

One accidental litter is possible, a few from the same dog is not. What is it exactly that you are trying to achieve here? How does finding other people with the same problem help you at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RossPaws

It was accidental, but they were not good owners. They just never repaired a break in the back gate so every time the dog was in heat she'd bolt.

I'm not trying to achieve anything, I was just curious to know if anyone else who had taken dogs from these people got one with an underbite like mine, because I've never seen anything like it before. As I said in the original post - just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Fair enough, to be honest though that chances that another dog from the same litter would have the same problem out of a handful of dogs and that the person who owns it will find this thread would be minuscule in fairness.

True. :o We're all just sort of caught up in the novelty of how funny it looks - I suppose it would have been better to broaden the search for dogs with underbites in general!

The vet told us to mind that she doesn't have trouble eating with it (thankfully none so far), it'd be interesting to see if others have ever encountered similar problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Ah god help your pup! You are dead right to see did anyone else get a pup with the same problem and ya never know, Maybe they did. Sorry I can't be of help, I'm sure she's gorgeous anyway!

• Advertisement

Thanks, Rasheed! <3 Ah, she is gorgeous. The underbite makes her look like she's smiling all the time! It's very cute! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Could you show us a picture of her?:D

A friend of mine had a dog with an underbite years ago and every time you looked at her you had to smile!

I can of course! :D

Thebabes009-1.jpg

HollyOllyandBasil016.jpg

MrKiplingIloveyourwork041.jpg

MrKiplingIloveyourwork043.jpg

She always looks like she's smiling, it's very cute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Ahhhhh! shes georgous!!!! yep thats some underbite alright - but it makes her look even more special:D thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have a cairn x with an underbite, though it's not so pronounced. I have no idea where she came from though; I got her through a rescue. It's very cute.

404215_10150503690769652_46526866_n.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm thinking as long as it doesn't harm them in anyway, or prevent them from enjoying life, long live the underbites! They're too cute, we call Holly's her "little tusks" because she runs around like a little wild boar <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

she's adorable! when i was a kid my cousins had a terrier where a few of her top front teeth grew outwards rather than down - gave her top lip a weird curl that make her look like elvis presley :p

Advertisement