Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vinyl wrapping my t25

• 18-06-2012 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I have a 1988 t3 with a 1.6 straight diesel and I'm thinking of vinyl wrapping the whole thing as opposed to spraying. It had been roller painted horribly....but I want to do a mad job on it. Any thoughts and where I might get it done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

greenpilot wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have a 1988 t3 with a 1.6 straight diesel and I'm thinking of vinyl wrapping the whole thing as opposed to spraying. It had been roller painted horribly....but I want to do a mad job on it. Any thoughts and where I might get it done?

You'd still have to flat the paint underneath with wrapping unless you go for something matt and visually noisy like realtree camo as the vinyl just emphasises the humps and bumpos underneath. By the time you have the paint undeneath flatted you might as well paint it. Theres a guy over on the type2ireland.org forum that wraps vehicles professionally I think he's in Kildare he'd probably cut you a deal but I doubt it would be much less than a paint job.

Advertisement