Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a grade rechecked

Options
  • 18-06-2012 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭

Howaya, 2nd year arts here. I got an F in one exam this semester, but there's no way in heck that the grade can be right, I feel like I don't deserve it with all the work I put in. I had a look at SISweb but the site confuses me, how do I get my grade checked? I heard its around 70 quid for a check, but it's worth it if it saved me 230 quid in august.

Also, if i do end up with the F, do i have to repeat the entire module? or can I just pay to pass it or something?

I got an E in 2 modules last semester, but didn't pay to repeat ot anything since I was told i could pass by compensation. Any idea if I have to meet some requitements or anything now that i have 3 below D?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Contact your lecturer first off. You can view your paper for free and check everything was added up right. If you want to contest it, you go through the formal procedure and thats 70 odd euro.

You can't compensate an F as far as I know, only an E.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

muffinz wrote: »
    Howaya, 2nd year arts here. I got an F in one exam this semester, but there's no way in heck that the grade can be right, I feel like I don't deserve it with all the work I put in. I had a look at SISweb but the site confuses me, how do I get my grade checked? I heard its around 70 quid for a check, but it's worth it if it saved me 230 quid in august.

All the info you need on results and appeals can be found here: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/info_stu.htm
    Also, if i do end up with the F, do i have to repeat the entire module? or can I just pay to pass it or something?

No, you can't pay your way out of an F. You have to repeat/resit.
    I got an E in 2 modules last semester, but didn't pay to repeat ot anything since I was told i could pass by compensation. Any idea if I have to meet some requitements or anything now that i have 3 below D?

For compensation, a student must:

Have completed and obtained passing grades in modules accounting for
    75% or more of the total credit required to successfully complete the stage
    (usually 45 credits or 9 modules).

Have a Compensation GPA for the attempt at the stage that is 2.00 or
    greater.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

How do I appeal my result? I just get linked to the UCD Student Desk, I cant find any info on it :/ is there a certain time that i have to get it checked before its too late?

also if i have to resit do i resit in august or at the end of sem 1 next semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

How do I appeal my result? I just get linked to the UCD Student Desk, I cant find any info on it :/ is there a certain time that i have to get it checked before its too late?

also if i have to resit do i resit in august or at the end of sem 1 next semester?

Details for appeals here.

There are no August resits you repeat the module when is is next available.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

If you have an F grade and everything was added up correctly, then you obviously haven't fulfilled the requirements for any higher grade. Some people don't actually understand this - the amount of work you say you put in is actually quite irrelevant. It's the actual assessments that matter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement