Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music HELP!!

• 18-06-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

heres the situation said i would do music with the hope of getting a grinds teacher but didnt get one hopefully wont have to count music when the results come out!
    if anyone could help me out with regards to the course or any tips/good websites!did jc music is there anything in that,that could help me?
    which are the easier parts of the course and i could zone in on them better?
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 music888

Have a look at http://www.ppmta.ie/

If you click the resources tab, pick your curriculum ( i think its A this year; Barry, Bach Cantata etc) and there's notes on each of the 4 major works you need to know!! If you know them well it'll cover you for a lot of the questions on the listening paper!! Hope this helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

Do you not even know what sort of questions come up on the LC exam?
    If you don't, have a look at these..
    The HL listening paper from 2011
    The HL composing paper from 2011

If you want more past papers, you'll get them here.
    But be careful about the listening because there are two courses. The one for this year is Course A and has the following set works:
    Gerald Barry Piano Quartet No. 1
    Tchaikovsky Romeo & Juliet Fantasy Overture
    Queen Bohemian Rhapsody
    Bach Cantata BWV 78

I'd recommend getting this revision book. It has summaries of all the information you need to know on the set works and it has good notes explaining what you need to know for the composing paper. I didn't do Junior Cert music, so I'm not sure if it's similar to Leaving Cert music or not. But the composing paper is definitely something that cannot be winged. Learn a few of the rules and you should be able to wing it at least. You only have to answer two questions, I do Q1 and Q5, they seem the simplest.

What elective are you doing? That's worth 50% of the whole exam so make sure you know what to do for whatever one you have chosen/are choosing.

Advertisement