Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to fail ERASMUS year?

• 18-06-2012 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows whether it's possible to fail Erasmus if you don't fulfil the credit requirement?

I've never heard of anybody failing as such!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Yes, it is. The year is repeated, but in UCC afaik. Don't know how it works for courses that require a year abroad though. (eg Law/Commerce with foreign language)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Yes, it is. The year is repeated, but in UCC afaik. Don't know how it works for courses that require a year abroad though. (eg Law/Commerce with foreign language)

Thanks for your reply @confusticated :) I was more-so referring to courses where the year abroad is compulsory.

Has anybody got any experience with this? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I don't know for sure in UCC but up in UCD it was that if you passed the year you got a BA International or a BComm International however if you failed the year over there, you just left with a BA or BComm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 schlafshane

It's certainly possible, but in my experience (with a compulsory year abroad) some lecturers in your host uni give will you the benefit of the doubt. I have heard of people being failed for coming back with less than the right amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭niamhzie

Sorry don't know about UCC, but I'm in DCU. The policy here is that you repeat the year abroad, abroad. Some thicks are planning on deliberately failing so they can stay longer... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement