Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIY ceiling corner speakers

• 18-06-2012 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just after buying a Logitech bluetooth speaker adaptor and I'm going to connect it to a pair of speakers regular hi-fi speakers.

To save some space the receiver is going in the attic above my bedroom and I was wondering if I could make new speaker boxes that would fit in the corner of the ceiling. I was thinking of making a kind of pyramid shape box and mounting the driver inside this.

Would changing the speaker box change the audio quality and is there a set of rules I must follow when designing a new box? The only info I can find applies to woofers. Any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Yes, different boxes will change the audio quality, well depending on the original speakers of course! 2 considerations:

1: Cabinet volume must be maintained.
    2: Front baffle (panel) must be of the same width as the original - as crossover will have been designed with edge diffraction in mind.

Otherwise... go for it, and remember to make the box airtight (with the exception of the port if there is one).

Advertisement