Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of gym membership in sydney?

Options
  • 18-06-2012 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I've looked at a few websites of numerous gyms, particularly in burwood/fivedock area. Can see a mention of price anywhere?
    Anyone know the going rate for membership or recommend a particular gym franchise etc?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Not much point to somebody recommending what they consider a good gym. The best gym for you in the one that you have the best access to.

As for going rates, its expensive. $15-$30 a week or there abouts.
    Fitness First is a big chain. People often complain about chain gyms, but the fact is they are large and well equipped. If you are in different locations a lot you can use other branches, but you probably pay for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Most gyms don't advertise prices unless they have a current special promotion on. And membership costs can vary depending on the facilities and whether extras like gym classes, pilates, yoga, creche etc are included.

I find even casual entry fees are much more expensive than Ireland. My gym charges $20 for one-off entry and does not offer free passes. But I only pay $10 per week on a 12-month direct debit, it was a special offer.

Advertisement