Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sex Tax

• 18-06-2012 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

So there is an interesting letter in todays Indo............tongue in cheek but worth a read

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/sex-tax-could-get-us-back-in-the-black-3140773.html

Now that we have the household charge, and water charges are on the way, the next charge that the Government will impose that impacts on daily lives will be a tax on sex.
    In my opinion such a tax would be fairer than the above two. It satisfies two of Adam Smith's canons of taxation.
    It can be easily collected by having an electronic device attached to the bed. The vibrations from the performance of the sexual act will then be transmitted to said device. The gadget will record the duration of the act.
    The tax will then be levied on a proportionate basis -- proportionality being another of Mr Smith's parameters -- based on the number of sexual acts between one and nine, and on a progressive basis for numbers over nine..............................

Got me thinking about how this would work............Will this machine be calibrated for those who like a little something extra.
    Will I be taxed more for a threesome or an orgy??
    What if I dont orgasm, can I claim back credits
    What if I give the lucky lady multiple orgasms, will she be taxed more?

Your thoughts..............

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

frag420 wrote: »
    Will it stop raining later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

If we don't have sex the government will still find some way to **** us.

don't have sex in bed anymore so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

If you didn't pay it would you see the revenue coming.........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Apparently our opinions on what's worth a read differ quite a bit...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Jaysus, would this mean rapists will also get stung for tax evasion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

won't somebody think of the priests?

will they be able to afford it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Does a **** count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Does a **** count?

self employed tax break?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Does a **** count?

You can claim it back after you get your P60

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

So there is an interesting letter in todays Indo
    Failed right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Great.
    Another reason for sex in the bath/shower. Bring it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

bbam wrote: »
    Great.
    Another reason for sex in the bath/shower. Bring it on :)

Sex in the bath sounds good but in reality (unless you have a massive bath) it's just awkward and leaves a terrible mess. It's a bit like sex on the beach in that regard, it sounds like a great idea but nobody wants sand in their fanny. Give me her hoofed over the kitchen table or sittin on the arm rest of the couch any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

biko wrote: »

It won't stop until they introduce a rain-tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

ye I wont be getting taxed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Sex in the bath sounds good but in reality (unless you have a massive bath) it's just awkward and leaves a terrible mess. It's a bit like sex on the beach in that regard, it sounds like a great idea but nobody wants sand in their fanny. Give me her hoofed over the kitchen table or sittin on the arm rest of the couch any day.
    Indeed.
    Que large double ended bath with massage jets and all. May as well go the whole hog and be comfortable too. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Will there be VAT at the point of entry ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

bbam wrote: »
    Indeed.
    Que large double ended bath with massage jets and all. May as well go the whole hog and be comfortable too. ;)

See that sounds much nice than my ****ty plastic tub. It's all right angles, boiling water and about as wide as a pencil case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The gadget will record the duration of the act.

Should be pretty cheap for most guys so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

There already is a tax on sex.

It's called children.

Also if u wear protection you pay tax on condoms etc :D

• Advertisement

The tax could be heavier for those who are "Ridin" (for fun) and less for those who pro-create.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So there is an interesting letter in todays Indo............tongue in cheek but worth a read

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/sex-tax-could-get-us-back-in-the-black-3140773.html

How drole. What's tomorrow's article? "Why did the chicken cross the road?", "Microsoft Husband 2.0"?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

The idea of getting value for money would mean an end to the suspicion that she's faking it every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Sex tax?

Value Added!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 noahthecat11

What about the priests !!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I wouldnt be suprised if they brought it in a couple of years,they brought in a sex tax or something along those lines,a tax for children perhaps,all tounge and cheek on the independant but when it comes down to it they will be able to afford the tax we wont..
    its irresponsible to talk about stuff like this,it could give a few politicians reading it ideas..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It won't stop until they introduce a rain-tax.

Probably be tied into the property tax, pay based on the amount of water that lands within the bounds of your property. Cue Phil Hogan driving round chucking buckets of water into peoples front yards.

TD's will, of course, get an expense to build a giant retractable umbrella on top of their properties. Free from planning, naturally!!

What about the priests !!!!

Arent religious institutions tax exempt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

biko wrote: »

Hilarious. The cnuts who thanked it are serious brown nosers.

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Will accountants still be using the 'Double Entry' system?

• Advertisement
Advertisement