Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam cleaning floor tiles?

• 18-06-2012 9:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

I've just got a new kitchen installed and would like to clean my existing floor tiles. Can I hire a steam cleaner and do the job myself, is there much to it? I don't want to have to pay a fortune to someone else if I can do it myself. Has anyone done this and how did you find the results?

Any advice appreciated thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Livewire

What sort of tiles have you down and what sort of finish is on them?
    what sort of dirt are you trying to remove?

Regards
    Tommy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have a H2O steam mop and its the mutts nutts on my marble floor tiles and my wooden floors.:D

Got it for 90 euro at a home revovation/diy show a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

The reason I was asking the above is because I would just be cautious about using a steam cleaner on some sealed floors as I have heard that they can end up damaging the sealant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

tommycahir wrote: »
    What sort of tiles have you down and what sort of finish is on them?
    what sort of dirt are you trying to remove?

They are ceramic tiles with a matt finish. We've had a lot of work done in the house(extension being built) and they are looking a bit grubby, we are also getting wooden floors in and it would be great to be able to use the cleaner for them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

@ paddy147, looks like a good piece of kit alright, what model is it? Do you use it often and is it durable?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

livEwirE wrote: »
    @ paddy147, looks like a good piece of kit alright, what model is it? Do you use it often and is it durable?

Its the new model H20 X5 in green.

http://www.thanedirect.co.uk/products/housewares/h2omopx5/h2omopx5.php

Bought 4 spare steam mop pads and its a grand bit of kit.

I use it around once a week-10 days or so.

Mop pads are machine washable too.

Advertisement