Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watching DVDs more than once.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

In that case, why would anyone ever own books?
    Good point. I don't read fiction that often but once it's red I'll never read it again. I do own many reference books, manuals, education books that do hold a value for looking up information again.
    But then when you watch it again you realise it wasn't half as good as your drug-addled mind made it out to be?
    Exactly, where did all the talking elephants in shawshank redemption go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The same applys to watching old and more recent movies on tv so why would it be any different for dvds ?

I have a fairly large DVD collection and anytime I go through it I realise what a waste it is.

There's a small number i'd watch more than once but most I don't want to watch a second time. Never watched any special features or directors commentaries. For the amount I spent on them over the years, they're worth nothing now, you'd be lucky to get €1 each on adverts.

I buy the odd BluRay now but only when they're really cheap (~€5 per movie) and im sure i'll watch it a couple of times.

I have all my DVD's on a 3TB drive in my Dune player, so it's easy to watch again.
    I'd only watch Father Ted, Only Fools, Fawlty Towers & Bottom many times, over and over.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

re watched wire like 3 times almost in a row,now cant look at it anymore :D also series like sopranos,house or always have something in each episode what you might missed so its kinda cool just to not only watch it again,but understand the idea of the movie or episode that was tried to be portrayed,as when you see something for the first time is like yeah cool episode and then forget about it,to realize after few years that theres another 2 seasons out and story,with characters evolved.but theres not many such gems.example prison brake they made complete $hite out of it after season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

If I buy a dvd of something be it TV show or movie, it is a declaration of intent to watch more than just once or twice. Precisely how many times or how long between rewatching it are subject to whatever the tv show/movie is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Old School and Wedding Crashers=perfect hangover tv.

Goodbye Lenin and The Lives of Others=classics you just have to have and watch again and again.

Hunger and the like=couldn't watch again. Just too bleak.

Advertisement